Thread: INDY Car kick off season on the streets of a retirement community

INDY Car kick off season on the streets of a retirement community

Before we go too far - This was the least interesting race of a great weekend of racing.

I don't like this "city" course. I guess that is why they use this street race as a warm up to begin the season?

Dario Franchitti won this race, but the real surprise was when Simona di Silvestro finished 4th. This talented young Brazilian had her personal best finish just missing the podium.

Will Power and Tony Kanaan took 2nd and third. I must confess I fell asleep during this race. Yawn!

A course that tight, on a grass field, could produce some good racing, but when lined with Jersey Death Walls, it's a bore. The leaders parade around in front, and anybody who tries anything race-y behind them loses just a little too much traction, hits a wall, loses a wheel, and is out for the day.

Scary to think that this circuit goes so fast

I know the cars are good. I know the drivers are good. I do believe that Indy Car does a lousy job marketing their product. It is no surprise that some drivers defect to NASCAR to make real money.

I was however thrilled with the pre-race coverage on SpeedVision prior to the F1 race in Melbourne. It was 1:30 AM in the US Central time zone and it was clearly the best show on at that hour! If I could just get "Da Man", Michael Schumacher to get his Mercedes to the front, then that would be cool!

Cheers out, V-Man

NASCAR's starting at the Texas Motor Speedway today. They are expecting a huge crowd and the weather's great.

Unfortunately, I cannot attend. I will be here slaving away over my tax return...