With a track-day looming on Tuesday the bike has already been thoroughly checked and prepped. I am trying out a new dry PTFE chain lube - it is claimed to be developed for racing so it should be good. I just hope it does away with the blobs of chain lube that get plastered onto the rear wheel and number plate.
Yesterday evening I thought I would clean and check over my old, comfortable, Akito leathers (My Crowtree leathers are still too stiff to let me move around as much as I like when on-track on the bike - using them more frequently would help I guess). I started by giving them a through clean, I use baby-wipes which do an excellent job of cleaning and provide the necessary nutrients and oils to keep the leather supple. As I was doing it I vaguely remembered that, the last time I wore them my left elbow didn't feel all that comfortable so I decided to look at them a bit more closely.
I found that the left shoulder armor had slipped out of its normal position and was now inside the elbow armor. No wonder it had not felt right. It took me a fair while to extract it as I could not find the opening to get inside the left hand side of the lining - I finally realized that there is only one, on the right hand side, to access the arm and shoulder armor on both the left and right sides of the suit. This helped me discover that the right hand shoulder pad was slightly out of position. In each case Velcro strips that locate the armor had become unbonded from the pads, both on the left and one on the right.
Luckily I have a stock of Velcro strips and an hour later all the armor was back where it belonged and the suit was comfortable - and safe - once more.
Now I have another item on my 'Check it out occasionally' list.