PDA

View Full Version : Natural Childbearing and mothering

Valentine One Radar Detector

gail
05-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Does anyone even know what natural childbearing is anymore? ??? Our society has gone so far from the natural that the unnatural has become the norm. At the turn of the 20th century a woman would not go to a hospital to have her baby, because it meant sure death from Childbirth Fever. Today it is almost a sure thing that her delivery will end up with a C-Section.

In my day women got pregnant the natural way, and if they didn't, they remained childless. Once a woman got pregnant it was a sure bet that she would deliver naturally. For those of you who do not know what "naturally" means, it means the woman waited until her labor or constractions started - Oh, the suspense was agonizing - but eventually she went into labor. She didn't know whether she would have a boy or a girl, or even if there were twins - which was a rarity in those days.

But doctors were always meddling and trying to "deliver" babies, rather than being patient and let the mother deliver her own baby. Their was Twilight Sleep - literally knock 'em out, and drag 'em out. Mother's had a hard time bonding with their babies after being drugged, because when they woke up, they didn't even know they had a baby, and she wouldn't see her baby until the next day. The hospitalization would last 2 weeks, with a rigid 4 hour schedule for feeding, by the time the mother went home her milk would have dried up, and the infant was bottle fed, usually with a mixture of Carnation can milk, Karol Corn Syrup, and water. Death rate was high, and breast infection rapid.

Women of my day wanted to be more in control of the delivery process, and many of us wanted to witness the birth of their baby, and thus spinals became popular, but many women were left paralyzed. A whole new generation - mine - said, There must be a better way to have babies. Dr. Reade wrote of having babies without drugs. He said that mother & babies bonded better, the baby nursed better and was more awake and alert. I found that having a delivery without any type of medication was liberating and impowering. An euphoric sense of accomplishment set in.

Today's mothers wait until they are too old to be having children, so thy must then rush off to a fertility clinic to start a pregnancy artificially, and and a beautiful, life-altering event becomes a medical procedure, instead of a natural function. Today's moms know months in advance what the sex of their baby will be, and the day they will deliver. The catch here is that the drugs used to bring on labor is powerful and often causes contraction so powerful that they can rupture the uterus, so an emergency C-Section now must be performed. The baby will then be groggy and slow to nurse due to the drugs used during delivery. The mother often feels unfulfilled due to the botched delivery, she blames herself as not being 'woman' enough, further she doesn't bond with her baby and is unsuccessful at breastfeeding, she becomes nervous and anxious, the baby feels this tension and cries, becomes distant or clingy and all of this adds up to postpartum depression.

To make matters worse the USA has a horrendously high neonatal death rate compared to countries that are still have most of their babies born at home. Less than 4% of all pregnancies will develop complications and believe it or not, 96% of complicated pregnancies, e.g., heart problems, diabetes, pelvis too small, baby's head too big, etc. will be detected prior to a woman going into labor.

I don't even ask women anymore if they had their baby naturally, because most of them haven't and they become defensive. I no longer ask if a mother is breastfeeding, or if she is staying at home to rear her children. These are the times we are living in. Women disappointed in motherhood, or not wanting any children at all. Children being warehoused in daycare centers from birth, and we wonder why there are so many rude people around? I understand, do you?

This is what I admire about the FLDS people they have babies naturally, delivery them in their own safe environment, they breastfed them, they stay home with their children and home school them. It is a near perfect setting.

Eric
05-30-2008, 07:26 AM
"This is what I admire about the FLDS people they have babies naturally, delivery them in their own safe environment, they breastfed them, they stay home with their children and home school them. It is a near perfect setting."

And they subject them to an isolated and perverse environment; spoon feed them absolute bullshit touted as "holy" and "righteous" - mind-fucking them into addled Defectives not able to function outside of the confines of the religious cult into which they had the misfortune to have been born.

gail
05-31-2008, 08:56 PM
"This is what I admire about the FLDS people they have babies naturally, delivery them in their own safe environment, they breastfed them, they stay home with their children and home school them. It is a near perfect setting."

And they subject them to an isolated and perverse environment; spoon feed them absolute bullshit touted as "holy" and "righteous" - mind-fucking them into addled Defectives not able to function outside of the confines of the religious cult into which they had the misfortune to have been born.

Parents Being “Weighed in the Balance”
By Tammy B. Johnson

Children are bored, often unproductive, and ungrateful. Children begin to be raised by day-care centers, schools, and stressed adults. Children wonder if they are important. They spend much time frustrated, angry, and alone. They turn to video games, music, and TV to be their comrades, their parents, their counselors. Lacking the security of a family unit and having parents who rarely are happy and satisfied, children turn to their peer group, where they struggle to feel accepted, seeking always that basic, intrinsic need that they are wanted, important, and valuable. They want to be heard; they want to be understood. Yet the pressures of the day and the agitation of the current society find many children aggressive, withdrawn, and mistrusting of any parent or authority.

http://www.truthwillprevail.org/index.php?parentid=1&index=34

Eric
06-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Again, you don't seem to understand that pointing to a different problem to distract attention from the problem being discussed is not an argument... it's just an evasion.

gail
06-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Again, you don't seem to understand that pointing to a different problem to distract attention from the problem being discussed is not an argument... it's just an evasion.

I understand perfectly, it is thou, dear sire, who doesn't understand. My point is and has been that is all the rules should apply to all of us. The rules shouldn't change just because we don't like the way the FLDS dress or think or believe or their manner of speech. You don't see the Pope in jail over the molestation issue, do you? I'm sure that you will say, "Well, he didn't do it." True, he didn't, but neither did Jeffs. The Pope didn't get rid of the preps - er priests, who did these atrocities though, and during his visit to the USA, he is still making excuses for them. Jeffs didn't sleep with the girl, he just approved the marriage. Besides the Catholic church allows young girls to marry. Where is the outcry, and the round up? And, if a Catholic woman refuses to have sex with her husband, or refuses to have children, or even uses birth control, her husband can get an annulment from the Catholic church. If she has an abortion, she will be ex-communicated. Where is the outcry? All of this is relative. There is obviously a double standard. The ghetto kids can dress like sluts, get pregnant, runs in gangs with little to no notice from the authorities.

Eric
06-01-2008, 01:31 PM
"I understand perfectly, it is thou, dear sire, who doesn't understand."

Since you are a lot older than I am, 'twould indeed be miraculous if I were,in fact, your sire.

gail
06-02-2008, 12:00 AM
"I understand perfectly, it is thou, dear sire, who doesn't understand."

Since you are a lot older than I am, 'twould indeed be miraculous if I were,in fact, your sire.

Sire is a title of respect, not for breeding. Old English, you know. But excuse me if I have been wrong to respect your opinions. :D

misterdecibel
06-02-2008, 11:38 AM
Yeah, the same rules should apply to all. Are the FLDS kids receiving a nationall-accredited education? Are they being prepared for a life in the real world?

Eric
06-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Yeah, the same rules should apply to all. Are the FLDS kids receiving a nationall-accredited education? Are they being prepared for a life in the real world?

Nope.

They're "home skooled" by religious fanatics who imbue them with a bizarre and backward worldview in which reason, logic and facts take a back seat to beeeeelief and "faith."

Result? Programmed (and largely unemployable) kids who face close to insurmountable obstacles if they wish to escape the cult and live in the real world.

Same problem with the Amish. I used to respect them until I found out what they do to their kids (they do not educate them beyond the 8th grade - rendering them unfit for anything other than the lowest skill/manual labor type jobs).

gail
06-02-2008, 03:05 PM

National-accedited education? Even CPS said that the children's level of education far exceeded the public school for their age level. Maybe the public school children are the ones who need to be prepared for a life in the real world.

The real world? ??? What real world are you referring to? Living in China? Becoming a Mormon? Or maybe a street-walker. All of these sceneros are the real world, and so is the FLDS lifestyle for the FLDS people. Carolyn Jessops has figured out how to live out of the sect, and so can others if they so choose.

gail
06-02-2008, 03:14 PM

Nope.

They're "home skooled" by religious fanatics who imbue them with a bizarre and backward worldview in which reason, logic and facts take a back seat to beeeeelief and "faith."

Result? Programmed (and largely unemployable) kids who face close to insurmountable obstacles if they wish to escape the cult and live in the real world.

Same problem with the Amish. I used to respect them until I found out what they do to their kids (they do not educate them beyond the 8th grade - rendering them unfit for anything other than the lowest skill/manual labor type jobs).

My niece home-schools her children. She has three Children presently in home-school and two that have graduated. Joe just graduated with honors from the Air Force Academy and is now a pilot. Mary Emily has just been accepted into medical school. Children that are home-schooled are far advance, with less problems than the children stuck in the public reformatories that are loosely called schools.

People have the idea that these children are cloistered away from the world, nothing could be further from the truth. They go on field trips, learn to play musical instruments, etc.

Eric
06-02-2008, 04:13 PM

Nope.

My niece home-schools her children. She has three Children presently in home-school and two that have graduated. Joe just graduated with honors from the Air Force Academy and is now a pilot. Mary Emily has just been accepted into medical school. Children that are home-schooled are far advance, with less problems than the children stuck in the public reformatories that are loosely called schools.

People have the idea that these children are cloistered away from the world, nothing could be further from the truth. They go on field trips, learn to play musical instruments, etc.

No question the public schools are awful; however, the problem with home schooling is that for every "good" case there are plenty of not-so-good ones. And while that's also true of public schools, the big difference is the home-schoolers are given much more latitude in terms of what they can teach. For example, religiously addled (and scientifically illiterate) parents can teach Creationism/ID and deny the theory of evolution.

One of the reasons the US lags so far behind the attainments of average Europeans in terms of basic knowledge of history, science, mathematics and so on is that there is no single national standard curriculum, vetted by real academics, taught by real teachers (not the morons we have in our system, with their "education" degrees).

See how far you'd get trying to get "equal time" for religious twaddle such as Creationism in any major Western European country. They got these bed bugs out of their system 200 years ago.

We, unfortunately, are bounding toward a new Dark Age as we allow the ascendance of irrationality, "faith" and "belief" over reason, facts and the scientific method.