PDA

View Full Version : Stoopid drivers

Valentine One Radar Detector

grouch
06-27-2008, 03:06 PM
There are some people who really need to pay more attention to their surroundings.

We had one driver when I had a badge that I stopped not one but twice for driving over a fire line. The third time she did it, the hose took care of business by breaking near the brass coupler that then whipped around and flailed her car.

Eric
06-27-2008, 04:17 PM
There are some people who really need to pay more attention to their surroundings.

We had one driver when I had a badge that I stopped not one but twice for driving over a fire line. The third time she did it, the hose took care of business by breaking near the brass coupler that then whipped around and flailed her car.

Poetic justice!

I see more stoopid driving when I am on my bike for some reason. Maybe it's because being on a bike makes you less visible to the already addled/distracted stoopid drivers out there?

Just the other day - and this got my goat to the point I gestured at the cop - I was waiting at an intersection for the light to turn green so I could make a left turn across traffic. Cop is behind me, also waiting. The light turns red for the oncoming traffic. Red. Not yellow. Totally, utterly and completely red. Just as I am about to enter the intersection, a minivan blows through the red light/intersection. Cop does.... nothing.

Stuff like this makes me really unhappy. This same cop would probably have given me a speeeeeeeeeding ticket had he seen me doing 45 mph on the under-posted (35 mph) road we were on just a couple of minutes before.....