PDA

View Full Version : YAWN

Valentine One Radar Detector

gail
07-02-2008, 05:18 PM
I see that everyone is flocking to my thread now that I've been shackled. Enjoying the pap, buddies?

Eric
07-02-2008, 05:43 PM
I see that everyone is flocking to my thread now that I've been shackled. Enjoying the pap, buddies?

Not shackled - we just don't want to hear about the eeeeeevils of Man Love and read impenetrable scriptural gibberish!

Besides, I know you are more clever and have better things to discuss.... right?

gail
07-02-2008, 08:02 PM

Not shackled - we just don't want to hear about the eeeeeevils of Man Love and read impenetrable scriptural gibberish!

Besides, I know you are more clever and have better things to discuss.... right?

You certainly must think I'm more intelligent and creative than I really am. :P

misterdecibel
07-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Did I miss something? Gail's in the stockade?

Eric
07-03-2008, 07:30 AM

Come on now... just get the Village People (and Jeeeeeeezus) off the brain....

gail
07-03-2008, 03:46 PM

:o Glory! Glory! Alleluia :o Y M C A ;)

ColleenC2
07-03-2008, 06:00 PM

I'm sad now, I just asked my Mom what you meant by "just get the Village People" off the brain.....", she informed me that they were homosexuals. I swear I never knew that. What a bummer. See this is why I don't think people should talk about their sexual orientation. Just let it be.

Eric
07-03-2008, 06:01 PM

I'm sad now, I just asked my Mom what you meant by "just get the Village People" off the brain.....", she informed me that they were homosexuals. I swear I never knew that. What a bummer. See this is why I don't think people should talk about their sexual orientation. Just let it be.

You're kidding, right?

misterdecibel
07-03-2008, 08:08 PM

You're kidding, right?

Don't tell her about Elton John or Freddie Mercury...

gail
07-03-2008, 09:13 PM

You're kidding, right?

Don't tell her about Elton John or Freddie Mercury...

I'm style trying to adjust to the information about Johnny Mathis, among others - why did I need to know this? Do any of you declare you sexual preferrences, or activities? I don't! It is no one's business when, how or even if I have sex - why are they always in our face, and why do you feel so compel to side with them? It is a very sorry state of affairs.

Where am I, and why am I in this basket?

ColleenC2
07-03-2008, 10:40 PM

You're kidding, right?

No I'm not!!! I told you that it was a bummer finding out! I'm with my Mom, I don't want to know what someone's sexual orientation is unless I want to go out with them and they are not of my persuasion.

and NO I did not know that Elton John was until recently and I have no idea who Freddie Mercury is

misterdecibel
07-04-2008, 05:43 AM
...and I have no idea who Freddie Mercury is

"Was", not "is":

http://www.rockmusic.org/queen/fotos/freddie/freddie%20mercury%2035.jpg

misterdecibel
07-04-2008, 05:45 AM
^^^^^

I mean, really, Mr. Mercury was a good illustration that there must be a gay gene. There's no way the guy in that picture could possibly be straight, it just isn't imaginable.

Eric
07-04-2008, 08:22 AM

You're kidding, right?

No I'm not!!! I told you that it was a bummer finding out! I'm with my Mom, I don't want to know what someone's sexual orientation is unless I want to go out with them and they are not of my persuasion.

and NO I did not know that Elton John was until recently and I have no idea who Freddie Mercury is

How could you not know? The Village People were all about flaunting their gayness. That was the whole point. What do suppose happened down at the YMCA ("where you can hang out with all the boys?")

Not knowing Elton John was gay? Ddid you also think Liberace was a lady killer?

Freddie Mercury was the lead singer for Queen. Ever hear "Bohemian Rhapsody" or "We will rock you"? He was actually bisexual - and died (unfortunately) of AIDs.

ColleenC2
07-04-2008, 01:19 PM
How could you not know? The Village People were all about flaunting their gayness. That was the whole point. What do suppose happened down at the YMCA ("where you can hang out with all the boys?")

Freddie Mercury was the lead singer for Queen. Ever hear "Bohemian Rhapsody" or "We will rock you"? He was actually bisexual - and died (unfortunately) of AIDs.

Well, first of all I didn't know probably because I grew up sheltered. Second, we loved the village people, I guess I just thought they were funny and we loved the song YMCA.

We used to belong to the YMCA, I took swimming lessons there every summer and went to Y camp, never knew anything about the YMCA being about homosexuals, never encountered any myself or at least no one ever said anything about being a homosexual.

Liberace, I just though he was wierd, most prodigies are.

Freddie Mercury, love the songs never knew who Freddie Mercury was, until the picture posted never even knew what he looked liked. And no I don't think you can tell by his picture that he is a homosexual or bi-sexual. He may not look like a man's man but that doesn't make him a homosexual either or bi-sexual for that matter either.

Eric
07-04-2008, 02:02 PM

Well, first of all I didn't know probably because I grew up sheltered. Second, we loved the village people, I guess I just thought they were funny and we loved the song YMCA.

We used to belong to the YMCA, I took swimming lessons there every summer and went to Y camp, never knew anything about the YMCA being about homosexuals, never encountered any myself or at least no one ever said anything about being a homosexual.

Freddie Mercury, love the songs never knew who Freddie Mercury was, until the picture posted never even knew what he looked liked. And no I don't think you can tell by his picture that he is a homosexual or bi-sexual. He may not look like a man's man but that doesn't make him a homosexual either or bi-sexual for that matter either.

The Village People made constant parody of gay male stereotypes; think about it... "Macho Man".... "In the Navy".... "YMCA".... ever actually listen to the lyrics?

By the way, did you know Perry Mason packed fudge?

And I assume you knew about Rock Hudson....

ColleenC2
07-04-2008, 02:11 PM

Na ah? You are messing with me now, right?

And Rock Hudson, I believed they told us that back in the 80's? but who knew except Elizabeth Taylor

Eric
07-04-2008, 02:21 PM

Na ah? You are messing with me now, right?

And Rock Hudson, I believed they told us that back in the 80's? but who knew except Elizabeth Taylor

Nope... fer real. He was light in the loafers (as the saying goes).....

misterdecibel
07-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Raymond Burr was a pillow-biter?

Just watched "Rear Window" last night, he was the villain in that one.

Eric
07-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Raymond Burr was a pillow-biter?

Just watched "Rear Window" last night, he was the villain in that one.

Indeed he was!

gail
07-05-2008, 09:10 PM

The Village People made constant parody of gay male stereotypes; think about it... "Macho Man".... "In the Navy".... "YMCA".... ever actually listen to the lyrics?

My bubble burst when I found out about Rock Hudson. I loved him, and now I won't even watch any of his movies. what a waste of manhood. It was pathetic and poetic that he died of AIDS. And, no - God did not curse him, he cursed himself. He died of the lifestyle he choose.

Eric
07-05-2008, 09:16 PM

My bubble burst when I found out about Rock Hudson. I loved him, and now I won't even watch any of his movies. what a waste of manhood. It was pathetic and poetic that he died of AIDS. And, no - God did not curse him, he cursed himself. He died of the lifestyle he choose.

If you enjoyed his movies before why in the world would you not continue to enjoy them now? He was an actor, Gail. Do you also not watch other movies/actors whose politics, etc. you don't agree with?

gail
07-05-2008, 09:27 PM

If you enjoyed his movies before why in the world would you not continue to enjoy them now? He was an actor, Gail. Do you also not watch other movies/actors whose politics, etc. you don't agree with?

I try very hard not to know anything about entertainers. I believe that their private lives should be private. However, if they get in my face with their orientation, or affairs, shacking up, having illegitimate kids, and adverse politics - then, yes, I refuse to knowingly support those that I oppose. Even with the best of them, I've never been ga-ga over them. They are just people during a job. Do you think that I would ask a secretary or manager for an autograph who was doing an outstanding job? Silly isn't it? Their job is to entertain, that is all that I expect out of them. They are entitled to do what they want and as long as they don't get in my face with their doings, they will get some of my money, if not -- they won't.

mrblanche
07-13-2008, 01:17 PM

This statement, and Gail's statement that she didn't know about the national 55 mph speed limit until she got a ticket for it, really shakes my faith in the average American's knowledge of their own country, let alone the world.

gail
07-13-2008, 10:39 PM

This statement, and Gail's statement that she didn't know about the national 55 mph speed limit until she got a ticket for it, really shakes my faith in the average American's knowledge of their own country, let alone the world.

Their is a lot of ignorance in the country. There are a lot of things that I do not know. Partly because I don't run with the crowd that know these things. I still wear sleeves and stockings, even though I've heard that isn't the "in" thing anymore. I don't know how to do brain surgery either, but I can sing the Star-spangle Banner, and all twelve verses of the Twelve days of Christmas. You know, the important things in life.

Eric
07-14-2008, 08:10 AM
"Their is a lot of ignorance in the country."

Yes, there is!

"I don't know how to do brain surgery either, but I can sing the Star-spangle Banner...."

Might learn the words before you erupt into song. It's Star Spangled Banner... .

gail
07-14-2008, 12:55 PM
"Their is a lot of ignorance in the country."

Yes, there is!

"I don't know how to do brain surgery either, but I can sing the Star-spangle Banner...."

Might learn the words before you erupt into song. It's Star Spangled Banner... .

You say tomato, I say tomatho, Let's call the whole thing off. ;D

gail
07-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Was it something I said? Or was it the knee to the crotch that chased everyone away? Gives a whole new meaning to 'a knee-jerk reaction,' doesn't it?