PDA

View Full Version : A BLack National Anthem

Valentine One Radar Detector

ColleenC2
07-03-2008, 02:32 PM
"http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/16762609/detail.html

I guess I am just one of those stupid "white people", I didn't even know that there was a Black National Anthem. I wonder if every public educated child will NOW be forced to learn and sing this one if Obama gets to be President.

WOW!!!

What's scary is intelligent people like my own daughter does not see a problem with this. One Nation under God is no more. We are several nations encompassed within our borders.

SAD!!"

ColleenC2
07-03-2008, 03:17 PM
someone modified my above comments to which I deleted, why would anyone want to modify my comments, add your own!

Disco Man
07-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Colleen,

It was probably a moderator. On the screen a moderator has a "modify"button next to the "quote" button. I have hit the modify button by accident before and accidently modified a message when I wanted to quote and start a new message. I did this to one of Eric's messages by accident in the past. On this message, it was not me. I am sure the person who made the mistake will repost their message.

When some edit's your message in the past you will see this in the bottom of your message:

Last Edit: Today at 01:16:53 PM by UserID UserID = person's board name

Eric
07-03-2008, 05:34 PM
someone modified my above comments to which I deleted, why would anyone want to modify my comments, add your own!

I took out the profanity in the topic header - that's all I did; nothing else was touched.

Eric
07-03-2008, 05:35 PM

I guess I am just one of those stupid "white people", I didn't even know that there was a Black National Anthem. I wonder if every public educated child will NOW be forced to learn and sing this one if Obama gets to be President.

WOW!!!

What's scary is intelligent people like my own daughter does not see a problem with this. One Nation under God is no more. We are several nations encompassed within our borders.

SAD!!"

My comment in reply to this is that I am no fan of the Pledge of Allegiance, either.

ColleenC2
07-03-2008, 05:58 PM
My comment in reply to this is that I am no fan of the Pledge of Allegiance, either.

Then it was you who modified my comment since your comment is the same as the one I deleted. I did not know that putting what the F.....was not allowed sorry.

I am not in agreement with Pledging Allegiance to the American flag either but purely for religous reasons.

Eric
07-03-2008, 06:00 PM

Then it was you who modified my comment since your comment is the same as the one I deleted. I did not know that putting what the F.....was not allowed sorry.

I am not in agreement with Pledging Allegiance to the American flag either but purely for religous reasons.

I didn't modify your comment; I modified the topic header (which included a profanity) and added a comment of my own in reply to what you had posted, etc.

ColleenC2
07-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Well I read what you wrote, I just know that before the heading was modified your comment was included with my comment. Obviously, something went wrong.

Anyway, when I was a child we pledged allegiance to the Christian Flag. Everytime we said the pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag I always felt guilty.

But here is a link and story of the Christian Flag, started 100 years ago

I pledge allegiance to the Christian Flag and to the Savior for whose Kingdom it stands. One Savior, crucified, risen, and coming again with life and liberty to all who believe.

According to the adopted code of placement of 1938 that has never been changed among others is this:

The Christian flag never dips to any other flag. It may properly dip to the altar Cross

http://www.steve4u.com/christian/facts.htm

Eric
07-04-2008, 10:10 AM
Well I read what you wrote, I just know that before the heading was modified your comment was included with my comment. Obviously, something went wrong.

Anyway, when I was a child we pledged allegiance to the Christian Flag. Everytime we said the pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag I always felt guilty.

But here is a link and story of the Christian Flag, started 100 years ago

I pledge allegiance to the Christian Flag and to the Savior for whose Kingdom it stands. One Savior, crucified, risen, and coming again with life and liberty to all who believe.

According to the adopted code of placement of 1938 that has never been changed among others is this:

The Christian flag never dips to any other flag. It may properly dip to the altar Cross

http://www.steve4u.com/christian/facts.htm

There is a scene in the (most recent) movie version of Cooper's "Last of the Mohicans" that conveys my attitude exactly. A British officer attempting to recruit cannon fodder for the King's army challenges the Natty Bumpo/Deerslayer character, saying: "And you call yourself a patriot and loyal subject of the crown"? To which the Deerslayer replies, "I do not consider myself subject to much at all."

I like that.

Used to be the American attitude - before the slavish, obsequious reverence for authority replaced it.

Eric
07-04-2008, 10:15 AM

WOW!!!

SAD!!"

But diversity is our strength!

(Just ask the Bosnian Serbs.... or the Hutus and Tutsis.)

ColleenC2
07-04-2008, 12:43 PM

Diversity is a strength but division will allow us to be conquered!

Eric
07-04-2008, 01:57 PM

Diversity is a strength but division will allow us to be conquered!

There is no example (that I'm aware of) of a polyglot, heterogeneous society that endures for long.

"Diversity" is death, insofar as the ethnic/cultural/racial makeup of a nation is concerned.