PDA

View Full Version : Volvo's list of road trip tunes

Valentine One Radar Detector

Eric
07-27-2008, 08:30 AM
Despite high gas prices, many families will still embark on the classic American road trip this summer. Nothing passes the time during a long car trip like cranking up the stereo with timeless tunes. To help you and your family or friends endure hours in the car, Volvo has assembled a list of the all-time greatest summer road trip songs. These oldies are sure to satisfy the adult crowd and introduce younger passengers to a time when GPS, backseat DVD players and satellite radio didn't exist.

Even if your trip this year is short, good tunes can make the ride more enjoyable. Check out the following songs during your next drive:

"Born to Run" Bruce Springsteen

"S.O.S." ABBA

"Ramble On" Led Zeppelin

"Me and Bobby McGee" Janis Joplin

"Dancing Queen" ABBA

"Jackson" Johnny and June Carter Cash

"Take a Chance on Me" ABBA

"Paradise by the Dashboard Light" Meatloaf

"Stuck in the Middle With You" Stealer's Wheel

"Mamma Mia" ABBA

"Born to Be Wild" Steppenwolf

"Highway to Hell" AC/DC

"Low Rider" War

"Running on Empty" Jackson Browne

"Southbound" Allman Brothers

"Waterloo" ABBA

"Highway 61 Blues" Bob Dylan

"Little Deuce Coupe" The Beach Boys

"Knowing Me, Knowing You" ABBA

"Drive My Car" The Beatles

"On the Road Again" Willie Nelson

misterdecibel
07-27-2008, 10:13 AM
They sure like ABBA.

chiph
07-27-2008, 12:42 PM
What?

No ZZ Top: "Manic Mechanic" or "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide" ?

Chip H.

Eric
07-27-2008, 03:24 PM
They sure like ABBA.

They're Swedes!

grouch
07-27-2008, 03:39 PM
They sure like ABBA.

They're Swedes!

I sort of liked ABBA when they were making music although I'll admit a little goes a long way. There is a 2 CD set called Harley-Davidson Road Songs that has a lot of the same songs (except for no ABBA).

gail
07-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Stop, look and listen:

http://objflicks.com/CarsWeDrove.htm

misterdecibel
07-27-2008, 11:59 PM
They sure like ABBA.

They're Swedes!

There's much better Swedish music out there. The Hives, for example, or Soundtrack Of Our Lives.

swamprat
07-28-2008, 09:05 AM
I guess "I can't drive 55" was not on Volvo's list. Figures.

gail
07-28-2008, 10:21 PM

Do you have your ear to the ground? Have you heard anything else about NMSL I had a difficult time finding out anything in DC, even after giving them the bill number no one seemed to have heard about it. The letter I wrote to the media was never published. I think we're beating a dead horse here. I hope someone in Washington has enough sense to stop this bill before it sneaks into law.

Eric
07-29-2008, 08:15 AM

Do you have your ear to the ground? Have you heard anything else about NMSL I had a difficult time finding out anything in DC, even after giving them the bill number no one seemed to have heard about it. The letter I wrote to the media was never published. I think we're beating a dead horse here. I hope someone in Washington has enough sense to stop this bill before it sneaks into law.

I give it better than 60 percent odds of becoming law if gas prices stay around $4 per - which they almost certainly will, courtesy of the rapid devaluation of the dollar.

ColleenC2
07-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Heard some news reporters yesterday who went on the trip with Obama this past week. They said that a bagel and a cup of coffee in Europe costed $15.00 u.s. dollars.

They were astonished, I think we all would be if we had those numbers staring at us everyday.

Some reporters also predicted that we would be seeing alot more of "made in America" products since we cannot afford to buy other nations products.

Eric
07-29-2008, 11:04 AM
Heard some news reporters yesterday who went on the trip with Obama this past week. They said that a bagel and a cup of coffee in Europe costed $15.00 u.s. dollars.

They were astonished, I think we all would be if we had those numbers staring at us everyday.

Some reporters also predicted that we would be seeing alot more of "made in America" products since we cannot afford to buy other nations products.

Check the latest housing stats; things are sliding downhill even faster than most expected.

It's going to get very ugly soon.

ColleenC2
07-29-2008, 11:14 AM
Check the latest housing stats; things are sliding downhill even faster than most expected.

It's going to get very ugly soon.

I think it is also important to go on the FDIC website and check to see if your financial institute is on the "endangered" list. Mattresses and safes look pretty good right now.

The news was reporting yesterday if you have, say three different account with $100,000 dollars in it with the same bank and your name is the same FDIC will still only cover the first $100,000.00 one needs to have at least 3 different banks to be able to recover the loss