PDA

View Full Version : You all think your insulated

Valentine One Radar Detector

ColleenC2
08-22-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm tired of hearing the "yellow liver bellied" cowards on this site, comment on the virtues of not having a war, or that people die in war. But what happens when we loose our financial backing of the oil. What happens when the Euro takes the place of the dollar.

You really think you own your home, no, you have an IOU sold to a foreign nation. You think you pay to an American Institution called a Bank, i.e. Bank of America, no, your bank is owned by foreign investors.

You think you will be able to go to the grocery store and buy your food with your American dollar, no, it will be worthless!

You think you will be able to heat your home in the winter time, no the nations that will control the oil, may or may not want to sell that oil to the United States and will you have the Euro to purchase that "heating oil".

Sounds drastic but you have the luxury of complaining because the US is a corrupt government and warmongers. No we are trying to protect what we have.

But some people on this site see nothing wrong with giving it away to those who wish to destroy us. It is not a live and let live world out there.
It is a harsh reality where every government is trying to be the "King of the Hill" and knock down the one on top.

Grow up, we have generations of people living in America who have been spoiled who have had every thing handed to them because of their parents and Grandparents work and toil.

The generation says I worked hard. I went to school, got good grades, got a good job, saved my money and got ahead. Phooey.

You don't even know how to do without, are your Grandparents or Great-Grandparents still alive to tell you what it was like to work hard, have your entire savings lost in a day. To live hand to mouth.

Careful what you all wish for it may come to pass sooner than you think

Eric
08-22-2008, 01:49 PM
"I'm tired of hearing the "yellow liver bellied" cowards on this site, comment on the virtues of not having a war.."

Really? I'm sick of hearing old ladies and fat old men tout the virtues of wars they'll never fight and killing they'll never have to do. The bloodlust of the American chickenhawk knows no bounds.The idea that it's brave to advocate wars you will never be involved in - while it's "yellow liver bellied" (whatever the hell that means) to oppose unnecessary wars ginned up on false pretexts is too pathetic to even bother spending time on.

"What happens when the Euro takes the place of the dollar?"

Hopefully, the collapse of the American empire!

"You really think you own your home, no, you have an IOU sold to a foreign nation."

Actually, I do own my home. I paid it off years ago!

"You think you will be able to go to the grocery store and buy your food with your American dollar, no, it will be worthless!"

Perhaps so - but I can grow food on my acreage and hunt in the woods. And trade with my neighbors. It's the yankee chickenhawks in the cities who will be screwed!

"You think you will be able to heat your home in the winter time.."

Yep. In fact, I know I will be able to - with wood cut down on my own land!

"Sounds drastic but you have the luxury of complaining because the US is a corrupt government and warmongers."

Er.... come again?

ColleenC2
08-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Let me re-state this, The United States of America has the debt, which is being paid in US dollars backed by the selling of the oil which Opec decided that they would only sell to other Countries if they used US dollars.

When China and India or any of these other countries who hold our currency decides to dump the dollar because it is no longer of any value to them, the debt of the United States is still owed.

Meaning anything in the US can go up on the auction to repay this debt. Even your property Eric, you can scream all you want that you have already paid for it, but ever heard of emminent domain, the government can come in and take it for whatever reason and if it helps satisfies a debt that the US owes, your land goes towards it.

This has happened several times throughout history. during the civil war landowners were forced off their properties by the government and given to the highest bidder to help pay the cost of the war.

You are not insulated, you are a US citizen therefore you owe the debt of the United States of America like all citizens of America. Let's hope the dollar does not fall and the worse case scenario does not take effect.

Eric
08-22-2008, 02:52 PM
"Meaning anything in the US can go up on the auction to repay this debt. Even your property Eric, you can scream all you want that you have already paid for it, but ever heard of emminent domain, the government can come in and take it for whatever reason and if it helps satisfies a debt that the US owes, your land goes towards it."

BS. That is about as likely to happen as Elvis returning on a UFO.

gail
08-22-2008, 02:53 PM
The South thought that they owned their land too. But when the Civil War ended their money was worthless, and their land taken from them, along with their cows, hogs and horses. The Carpetbaggers and Scalawags became fierce force that was overwhelming. People who held office were ousted, so anarchy reigned, until the KKK was formed by Nathan Forester in Tennessee. If you can get your hands on 'Birth of a Nation by W.E.B. Grithen, it gives a good insight of the plight of the Southerner. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconstruction_era_of_the_United_States

If America falls to a foreign power your land meight well be taken from you, and your money will be worthless. Already people from other countries are buying up the 7-11s, motels, and land. They won't have to fire a shot. It is getting rare to hear English spoken anymore. Press one for English. At the rate this country is going, we are going to self-destruct -- why on earth would you want to help or speed up its collapse. As Colleen wrote in one of her posts - this is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

If there is another Depression you will probably do very well. I hope that I will too. (BTW, you can get guideline and good prices to stock up one the LDS site.) But if we are taken over by another country, nothing we have would be ours. It is a whole new game, and I don't know how to isulate against that. Would you?

http://lds.about.com/od/preparednessfoodstorage/Food_Storage_and_Emergency_Preparedness.htm

http://www.providentliving.org/content/display/0,11666,7498-1-4070-1,00.html

Disco Man
08-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Let me re-state this, The United States of America has the debt, which is being paid in US dollars backed by the selling of the oil which Opec decided that they would only sell to other Countries if they used US dollars.

When China and India or any of these other countries who hold our currency decides to dump the dollar because it is no longer of any value to them, the debt of the United States is still owed.

Meaning anything in the US can go up on the auction to repay this debt. Even your property Eric, you can scream all you want that you have already paid for it, but ever heard of emminent domain, the government can come in and take it for whatever reason and if it helps satisfies a debt that the US owes, your land goes towards it.

This has happened several times throughout history. during the civil war landowners were forced off their properties by the government and given to the highest bidder to help pay the cost of the war.

You are not insulated, you are a US citizen therefore you owe the debt of the United States of America like all citizens of America. Let's hope the dollar does not fall and the worse case scenario does not take effect.

We are a nation in debt because of the Federal Reserve (a private entity that prints money out of thin air and controls the U.S. monetary policy). Let's abolish the Federal Reserve and regain monetary control of our currency. The printing and coining of money needs to go back to the US Treasury as it was from 1791-1913. A dollar was the same value in 1791 as in 1913 (it could buy the same during these 122 years) since then the 1913 dollar is worth 4 cents in 2008 as Ron Paul has mentioned. We are broke because we have been looted by the private bankers who control the Federal Reserve. BTW, the US has spent over $1 trillion on the Iraq War which was an unjustified war. The Federal Reserve just keeps printing the money making each dollar worth less and foreign investors will eventually dump the dollar because it continues to lose its value. The way to fix things would be to increase interest rates however the Federal Reserve wants to keep them artificially low since its their unstated policy is to devalue the dollar to make way for the future Amero. The Federal Reserve Act needs to be abolished and the US Treasury needs to print the money and set monetary policy.

For more information on this topic watch this:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173&ei=AAKvSKuSKoWqrgKthLT-DA

ColleenC2
08-22-2008, 03:22 PM
The way to fix things would be to increase interest rates however the Federal Reserve wants to keep them artificially low since its their unstated policy is to devalue the dollar to make way for the future Amero. The Federal Reserve Act needs to be abolished and the US Treasury needs to print the money and set monetary policy.

I think you are right, only too late! Americans are ignorant and they have themselves to blame. They have been lulled into complacency and ignorance through our public education system.

Americans have been lulled into a false sense of security and will suffer like sheep to the slaughter and wonder what happened.

ColleenC2
08-22-2008, 03:34 PM
while it's "yellow liver bellied" (whatever the hell that means)

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie
have a nice day!

is out there anyone who can tell me why a coward is a yellow-bellied? i think it's an idiom but i'm curious about the original meaning because the word by word translation is quite funny (dalla pancia gialla ).

many thanks in advance.

The origins of the phrase are unclear and debated. I've read some long discussions on it, and there are a number of plausible theories. Most mention that yellow has been associated with weakness and treachery since biblical times (Judas Iscariot is often portrayed in yellow robes).

In America's pioneer days, yellow dogs were considered worthless and the term "yellow dog" came to be used to describe anything worthless. Fortitude and strength have long been associated with the belly or "guts". Perhaps the terms comes from a combination of these two.

Original term was lilly-livered, which became yellow livered, and then yellow bellied.
The liver of very docile animals that have grown very fat is sometimes pale cream coloured instead of the normal red-brown.

It was thought long ago that the livers of cowardly people, who would rather have an easy life than get involved in fighting, were also this colour.

Hope that helps.

Panpan

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=24721

Showing your age Eric

Eric
08-22-2008, 03:53 PM
while it's "yellow liver bellied" (whatever the hell that means)

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie
have a nice day!

is out there anyone who can tell me why a coward is a yellow-bellied? i think it's an idiom but i'm curious about the original meaning because the word by word translation is quite funny (dalla pancia gialla ).

many thanks in advance.

The origins of the phrase are unclear and debated. I've read some long discussions on it, and there are a number of plausible theories. Most mention that yellow has been associated with weakness and treachery since biblical times (Judas Iscariot is often portrayed in yellow robes).

In America's pioneer days, yellow dogs were considered worthless and the term "yellow dog" came to be used to describe anything worthless. Fortitude and strength have long been associated with the belly or "guts". Perhaps the terms comes from a combination of these two.

Original term was lilly-livered, which became yellow livered, and then yellow bellied.
The liver of very docile animals that have grown very fat is sometimes pale cream coloured instead of the normal red-brown.

It was thought long ago that the livers of cowardly people, who would rather have an easy life than get involved in fighting, were also this colour.

Hope that helps.

Panpan

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=24721

Showing your age Eric

Sigh...

I understand perfectly well what "yellow bellied" means.

What I don't understand is "yellow liver bellied."

ColleenC2
08-22-2008, 04:10 PM

sigh, If you really knew than you wouldn't be parsing, but oh wait, you have shown yourself to be anal retentive

Eric
08-22-2008, 04:22 PM

sigh, If you really knew than you wouldn't be parsing, but oh wait, you have shown yourself to be anal retentive

If it's "anal retentive" to mock ludicrous malaprops, so be it.

Maybe you'll tell us more about "emminent domain," too?

ColleenC2
08-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Your judgemental opinion of my "yellow liver bellied" statement as being a Malaprop is arbitrary thus making it "anal retentive." This is a colloquial statement not used in all parts of the country and has many combinations to express the same sentiment. Get over yourself!

Thank you for being compelled to check my spelling, your spell check is broken! Or is that a requirement to be able to type on this site.

Since you also have misspelled words if you don't stop correcting the spelling, we just may be compelled to spell every word wrong, just so you can get your thrills for the day

Eric
08-22-2008, 04:54 PM
"Your judgemental opinion..."

My judgemental opinion?

".... of my "yellow liver bellied" statement as being a Malaprop is arbitrary thus making it "anal retentive."

Except it is a malaprop. No one uses the term, "yellow liver bellied." It's absurd! And: being anal retentive has nothing to do with arbitrariness. Try to learn (or at least look up) the meaning of words before you use them.

But maybe "your" insulated from a knowledge of basic English grammar and spelling?