PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Democrat National Convention

Valentine One Radar Detector

gail
08-22-2008, 04:39 PM
2008 Democrat National Convention
Schedule of Events

7:00 PM. OPENING FLAG BURNING.
7:15 PM. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE U.N.
7:20 PM. Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST.
7:25 PM. NONRELIGIOUS PRAYER AND WORSHIP - Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton. (Since writing both cancelled)
7:45 PM. CEREMONIAL TREE HUGGING - Darryl Hannah.
7:55. PM Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST.
8:00 PM. HOW I INVENTED THE INTERNET - Al Gore.
8:15 PM. GAY WEDDING PLANNING - Rosie O'Donnell.
8:35. PM Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST.
8:40 PM. OUR TROOPS ARE WAR CRIMINALS - John Kerry.
9.00 PM. MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR SADDAM AND HIS SONS - Cindy Sheehan and Susan Sarandon.
10:00 PM. ANSWERING MACHINE ETIQUETTE - Alec Baldwin.
11:00 PM. Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST.
11:05 PM. COLLECTION FOR THE OSAMA BIN LADEN KIDNEY TRANSPLANT FUND - Barbara Streisand.
11:15 PM. FREE THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS FROM GUANTANAMO BAY - Sean Penn.
11:30 PM. OVAL OFFICE AFFAIRS - William Jefferson Clinton.
11:45 PM. Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST.
11:50 PM. HOW GEORGE BUSH BROUGHT DOWN THE WORLD TRADE TOWERS - Howard Dean
12:15 am. TRUTH IN BROADCASTING AWARD - Presented to Dan Rather by Michael Moore.
12:25 am. Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST.
12:30 am. SATELLITE ADDRESS - Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
12:45 am. NOMINATION OF BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA - Nancy Pelosi.
1:00 am. Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST.
1:05 am. CORONATION OF BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA.
1:30 am. Ted Kennedy PROPOSES A TOAST.
1:35 am. Bill Clinton asks Ted Kennedy to drive Hilary home.

Ciao....... Sal
"The world is a dangerous place
to live, not because of the people
who are evil, but because of the people
who don't do anything about it."
http://salragazzo.com

misterdecibel
08-23-2008, 02:43 PM
You know, since Ted Kennedy is recovering from surgery for his brain tumor, he won't be in much of a position to propose anything.

gail
08-23-2008, 03:18 PM
You know, since Ted Kennedy is recovering from surgery for his brain tumor, he won't be in much of a position to propose anything.

Unfortunately one hundred years from now the dire jokes will go on about Senator Kennedy. This shows what one decision will do to one's life. He would have been president if this had not happened. He has shown amazing recovery abilities though to have been allowed to represent Massachusetts all of these years, so maybe he will recover from his present malady.

misterdecibel
08-23-2008, 06:48 PM
He's generally regarded as terminal, even the surgery was expected to only have bought him a number of months.

This is about as tasteful as if someone had suggested wheeling out Ronald Reagan to drool on himself at the 2000 GOP convention.

gail
08-23-2008, 07:49 PM
He's generally regarded as terminal, even the surgery was expected to only have bought him a number of months.

This is about as tasteful as if someone had suggested wheeling out Ronald Reagan to drool on himself at the 2000 GOP convention.

Tasteful? No, I don't think Kennedy is tasteful. I think he is a disgrace to his family and this nation. Do I think his tumor is part of the Kennedy tragedy, I think he is a tragedy to his family. Who knows if the rest of the Kennedy family had as little morals as he does, most of them didn't live long enough. But rumors swirl around the family like rotting garbage. The father, Joseph Kennedy making his millions trafficking booze during the Prohibition, inmproprieties alluded to of JFK with Marilyn Monroe and others. They believed that they were above the law, but their gifted life has had dire consequences.

Jokes are constantly made about President Bush, who doesn't deserve the ire and disrespect that he receives, jokes will always be made about former President Clinton, regardless of what he had accomplished or ever will accomplish, nor whatever illness he develops. I remember a few when he had his heart attack and open-heart surgery. Some behavior is just so heinous that a person can never rid themselves of the stain.

I do not wish the man ill, I don't even wish Michael Moore or Barak Obama ill, but the jokes will continue with or without me. As far as I'm concern he is a sorry excuse for a man for his behavior in the Chappaquiddick incident, and it is beyond me of how or why people continued to re-elect him as a flaming liberal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chappaquiddick_incident

Profile in Cowardice

http://www.ytedk.com/chapter1.htm

"He has been utterly shameless, brazen and indifferent to what should be his internal conscience," says Howard Phillips, chairman of the Conservative Caucus. "People in public life have a responsibility to behave in a certain way that can be respected and emulated by children and ordinary citizens."
Without question, Kennedy likes to drink. During a two-hour stretch on a Lufthansa flight from Boston to West Germany in November, he downed two drinks of Scotch, two of vodka and, with dinner, three glasses of red wine.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/jfkjr/stories/emk092990b.htm

Eric
08-23-2008, 09:00 PM
"Jokes are constantly made about President Bush, who doesn't deserve the ire and disrespect that he receives..."

Ted is responsible for one death. How many deaths is The Chimp responsible for?

gail
08-23-2008, 09:11 PM
"Jokes are constantly made about President Bush, who doesn't deserve the ire and disrespect that he receives..."

Not a fair comparison. Besides you have wandered off the subject again.

Congress approved this war. Remember that. Congress has a lower rate as well. Only 17% of the people think that Congress is doing a good job and 29% think that Bush is. Bush didn't cause 9/11 and he didn't cause Katrina and he didn't piss in your Wheaties. So stop acting like he did.

Eric
08-23-2008, 09:34 PM

Congress approved this war. Remember that. Congress has a lower rate as well. Only 17% of the people think that Congress is doing a good job and 29% think that Bush is. Bush didn't cause 9/11 and he didn't cause Katrina and he didn't piss in your Wheaties. So stop acting like he did.

Congress is culpable for being craven and for enabling The Chimp - but without The Chimp, no war in Iraq - no hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis and thousands of dead Americans, either.

Your Chimp is an appalling, sickening, disastrous failure.... but you'll snuggle him all the close even so!

ColleenC2
08-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Congress is culpable for being craven and for enabling The Chimp

Craven, you use the word craven to describe Congress for voting for America to go to war. Craven to who? the American people? They wanted to go to war as much as anyone else did. Why does everyone else in your book get a pass but Bush?

5 to 10 years from now Iraq will be one of the most properous countries in the world and your words will sound like gibberish!

gail
08-24-2008, 12:42 AM

Congress is culpable for being craven and for enabling The Chimp - but without The Chimp, no war in Iraq - no hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis and thousands of dead Americans, either.

Your Chimp is an appalling, sickening, disastrous failure.... but you'll snuggle him all the close even so!

Without FDR there would have been no war. Without Truman no atomic bomb. Without LBJ no Vietnam. Get off this kick that there would be no war without Bush. The war was inevitable.

Eric
08-24-2008, 07:03 AM
"Craven, you use the word craven to describe Congress for voting for America to go to war. Craven to who?"

Craven for being bullied by Chimp BS about "WMD" and so on to attack a country that never threatened us and which had nothing whatsoever to do with 911.

"Why does everyone else in your book get a pass but Bush?"

Because it was The Chimp who strong-armed the country (and Congress) with his constant demagoguery and "no time to think about this, we must act!" nonsense. Because it was The Chimp who manipulated the country (and Congress) into transferring the (reasonable) desire to get the perpetrators of 911 to an unreasonable desire to attack Iraq by conflating the 911 attackers with Saddam Hussein and the Iraqis.

Thats why.

"5 to 10 years from now Iraq will be one of the most properous countries in the world and your words will sound like gibberish!"

You mean like, "Mission Accomplished"? Or maybe "Iraqi oil revenues will pay for the war"? Or "we'll be greeted as liberators"? Or maybe, "Iraq has reconstituted its nuclear weapons program"?

Spoken just like a Chimp PR flack.

That people still believe in such fairy tales isn't surprising, though. It's a curious mix of gullibility and determination to make reality conform to one's political views - no matter how far those views are from reality.

chiph
08-24-2008, 10:40 AM
http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20080822

http://www.userfriendly.org/cartoons/archives/08aug/uf011822.gif

gail
08-24-2008, 10:45 AM
http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20080822

http://www.userfriendly.org/cartoons/archives/08aug/uf011822.gif

Priceless! I couldn't have done it better myself. ;D

ColleenC2
08-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Because it was The Chimp who strong-armed the country (and Congress) with his constant demagoguery and "no time to think about this, we must act!"

You are showing your naivete!

Most of the Senators and Congressmen/women held their respective offices for decades before Bush ever took office and will hold them long after Bush is gone.

Grow up and put it in its correct perspective!

Eric
08-24-2008, 01:31 PM
"Most of the Senators and Congressmen/women held their respective offices for decades before Bush ever took office and will hold them long after Bush is gone."

What in the world does the tenure of congressmen and senators have to do with whether The Chimp launched a massive PR blitz to gain support for an invasion of Iraq - an invasion that wasn't even on the table before The Chimp used 9/11 to manufacture a "cause" by constantly equating the 911 attacks and al Qaeda with Iraq and Saddam?

These are the facts. Neither "naivete" no "growing up" have any bearing on them.

ColleenC2
08-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Let's see if we can put it in elementary terms. We have 3 branches of Government which have separate but equal powers.

Within those separate but equal powers there is what they call the "The War Powers Act", which only Congress can approve.

Now you are saying that Bush bullied these 540 elected officials into voting to go to war by "manufacturing a "cause".

There tenure is important such as Joseph Biden who is the Chairman of the Intelligence committee and has been for years who also voted to go to war against Iraq you think he was "bullied". These representatives and we are not talking junior senators or congressmen/women could not or would not be bullied into anything. They relied on intelligence presented by prior presidents and other intelligence agencies "outside" of the United States and made their minds up of their own free will.

Your naivete shows when you for one moment give them a pass on their vote and place all the blame on Bush. They are the culpable ones, and if you want to continue to pass blame on Bush then your youth is apparent

Eric
08-24-2008, 04:14 PM
"Within those separate but equal powers there is what they call the "The War Powers Act", which only Congress can approve."

Like your mom, you're so obviously out of your depth you really ought to quit while you're behind.

Your statement is unintelligible, for openers. Congress can "only approve" the War Powers Act? Really? I thought legislation was only approved once.

But I am guessing that what your were trying to articulate was that our Constitution gives Congress power to declare war. True. But (a) this has been ignored routinely (de facto, at any rate) since the Vietnam era and (b) no one is disputing that Congress went along with The Chimp or that Congress hasn't got the statutory power to declare war - or that Congress didn't support this war (it did, obviously).

The point is that The Chimp manufactured the war hysteria that got us into Iraq by creating an environment (via his relentless association of 911 with Iraq and the over-hyped "threat" Iraq supposedly posed) in which few elected officials dared to raise a hand in question - let alone vote against going to war.

After all, that would mean they were "with them," and clearly "enemies of freedom." (The same bully tactics were used to ram through the so-called "Patriot" Act - before virtually anyone in Congress even had a chance to read the damn thing.)

ColleenC2
08-24-2008, 06:52 PM
But I am guessing that what your were trying to articulate was that our Constitution gives Congress power to declare war. True. But (a) this has been ignored routinely (de facto, at any rate) since the Vietnam era and (b) no one is disputing that Congress went along with The Chimp or that Congress hasn't got the statutory power to declare war - or that Congress didn't support this war (it did, obviously).

Well now that you have written it so that your testerone laden and possibly other testerone laden cronies can understand what I was saying, you still give Congress a pass.

Which I find reprehensible, to even think, remotely assume or even belabor the idea that Congress did not fully understand, agree and or capitulate to going to war in Iraq is beyond my comprehension.

Congress and all the powers that be knew and know that the United States or the Federal Reserve needs control over the oil to prop up the dollar, the lie was perpertrated by all, to sell it to the American people. Just like Clinton lied when he told the American people that we were going in on a humanitarian mission in Somalia. The American people believed it back then, even though we were sending our Red Berets', even though if anyone looked on the map they could see the waterway through Iraq and Iran. If we had gotten our foothold in Somalia there never would have been an Iraq war. We could have controlled the region from Somalia, but that failed. But nobody looks at the writing on the wall. But this is how it done, find the best "snowball" tactics and sell it to the American people so that the ultimate goal can be attained. This has been going on since Lincoln, hell people thought Lincoln was trying to free the slaves and many still think that was what the Civil War was about

Eric
08-24-2008, 07:37 PM
"Well now that you have written it so that your testerone laden and possibly other testerone laden cronies can understand what I was saying, you still give Congress a pass."

I did not "give Congress a pass." Try to read each word real slow and careful-like, ok?

I wrote that Congress is craven and culpable for allowing itself to be cowed by The Chimp and his demagoguery. But that in no way exonerates The Chimp for initiating the whole process of events that led to war with Iraq. Invading Iraq was The Chimp's doing; Congress merely acquiesced.

"Which I find reprehensible, to even think, remotely assume or even belabor the idea that Congress did not fully understand, agree and or capitulate to going to war in Iraq is beyond my comprehension."

Oh, they understood all right. They understood that to even question this overbearing load of a president we have would have unleashed a shit storm of "surrender monkey/soft on terrah/must be with them" strong-arm tactics. So they caved. Same thing happened with the so-called "Patriot" Act - which The Chimp demanded be approved before anyone could even read the thing.

ColleenC2
08-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Same thing happened with the so-called "Patriot" Act - which The Chimp demanded be approved before anyone could even read the thing.

You give congress a pass when you somehow bestow upon President Bush as having this godlike power to mesmerize congress through "strong- arm tactics" or some fear of losing their constituency or powers to act as an independent branch of the government thus rendering them incapable of making sound decisions irrespective of whoever the President of the United States is.

Most Americans were satisfied with bombing Afghanistan and going after the Taliban, hell most of Americans didn't even know that the Middle East hated us let alone there were Islamic jihadists that wanted to destroy western civilization so their 13 prophet could return.

So to use the argument that they caved in because "They understood that to even question this overbearing load of a president we have would have unleashed a shit storm of "surrender monkey/soft on terrah/must be with them" strong-arm tactics. And to say that the same thing happened with the so-called Patriot Act, is ridiculous most Americans don't even know what it is and what all it entails.

These Senators and Representatives have a duty to explain what is going on and when they choose to vote without explaining to their constituents they are as guilty as if they pulled the first trigger.

Bush is not that "powerful" or such a great "orator," that you seem to bestow upon him. This was a concerted effort perpetrated by the powers that be the IMF/World Bank and the Federal Reserve Bank, no conspiracy theory here, check who has funded this endeavor.

Blame Bush all you want, he was only following marching orders, like everyone else.

Some coup d’états are cleaner and easier than others!

ColleenC2
08-24-2008, 09:50 PM
I really don't like people who don't delve deeper into matters that just doesn't seem to make sense, but just take things at face value. The United States stoped being an Independant World Power along time ago. We march to orders from the Tri-lateral Commission: http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44965

and the Bilderberg Group: http://www.bilderberg.org/secret.htm

I'd like to build the world a home
And furnish it with love
Grow apple trees and honey bees and snow-white turtle doves

I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
I'd like to hold it in my arms and keep it company
I'd like to see the world for once
All standing hand in hand
And hear them echo through the hills "Ah, peace throughout the land"

These songs are for the religous and people of faith. But remember when it was a popular song throughout the world. B.S.

gail
08-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Eric Peters wrote <<Because it was The Chimp who strong-armed the country (and Congress) with his constant demagoguery and "no time to think about this, we must act!" nonsense. Because it was The Chimp who manipulated the country (and Congress) into transferring the (reasonable) desire to get the perpetrators of 911 to an unreasonable desire to attack Iraq by conflating the 911 attackers with Saddam Hussein and the Iraqis.>>

You are deluded in the premise that the congress was pressured into making a snap decision. This isn't how congress works. Each office would have received a packet of researched material, the staffer in charge of that particular expertise would go over the material presented, do further research on their own, talk with other staffers and military advisors, and then give a written advice to the congressperson.

You must remember that WMD were a general consenses even before Bush became President.

Eric
08-25-2008, 05:56 AM
"You give congress a pass when you somehow bestow upon President Bush as having this godlike power to mesmerize congress through "strong- arm tactics" "

Repeat - Congress is culpable for going along. But The Chimp initiated and aggressively pushed for war with Iraq, not Congress. So he, not Congress, is primarily responsible as the primary instigator. It was not Congress that brayed about "WMD" and made its "case" before the UN and in the media. It was The Chimp and his minions, such as Cheney and Rice.

I understand that English is your second language, but hopefully this will clear the matter up.

"....most of Americans didn't even know that the Middle East hated us let alone there were Islamic jihadists that wanted to destroy western civilization so their 13 prophet could return."

More broad-brushed crap. Iraq had no "Islamic jihadists." Iraq was a secular state that was at odds with "Islamic jihadists" such as bin Laden.But thanks to "Our President," Iraq is now teeming with religious jihadists looking to kill Americans.

Sheesh.

Eric
08-25-2008, 06:00 AM
Eric Peters wrote <<Because it was The Chimp who strong-armed the country (and Congress) with his constant demagoguery and "no time to think about this, we must act!" nonsense. Because it was The Chimp who manipulated the country (and Congress) into transferring the (reasonable) desire to get the perpetrators of 911 to an unreasonable desire to attack Iraq by conflating the 911 attackers with Saddam Hussein and the Iraqis.>>

You are deluded in the premise that the congress was pressured into making a snap decision. This isn't how congress works. Each office would have received a packet of researched material, the staffer in charge of that particular expertise would go over the material presented, do further research on their own, talk with other staffers and military advisors, and then give a written advice to the congressperson.

You must remember that WMD were a general consenses even before Bush became President.

I didn't realize one could be "deluded in a premise," but maybe there's a "consenses" to the contrary... .

gail
08-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Once again I will post this video about this beginning of the war. If anyone deluded anyone, it was congress that deluded the President, not the other way around.

All Americans Need to View This Video

The most despicable acts of deceit ongoing in this country are the lies and
hypocrisy perpetrated by the people that are seen in this short video and
their shills in the press who are rewriting history.

They are so blinded by their hatred for our President that they have
betrayed their own consciences.

This should be seen by everyone in America !

Here's a video compilation you definitely won't see on main stream media.
The next time you hear the expression 'Bush's War', remember this ----
there's no 'opinion' or "spin" here, just direct video which deserves wide
distribution.

http://www.bercasio.com/movies/dems-wmd-before-iraq.wmv

gail
08-25-2008, 01:07 PM

I didn't realize one could be "deluded in a premise," but maybe there's a "consenses" to the contrary... .

Well now you know. :) What "consenses" to the contrary are you referring to? Watch this video. I will keep posting it until you realize that Bush didn't stand alone.

ColleenC2
08-25-2008, 01:57 PM
More broad-brushed crap. Iraq had no "Islamic jihadists." Iraq was a secular state that was at odds with "Islamic jihadists" such as bin Laden. But thanks to "Our President," Iraq is now teeming with religious jihadists looking to kill Americans.

You make a huge leap here, my comment was in response to your statement that "The Chimp manufactured the war hysteria that got us into Iraq by creating an environment (via his relentless association of 911 with Iraq and the over-hyped "threat" Iraq supposedly posed) ." and "They understood that to even question this overbearing load of a president we have would have unleashed a shit storm of "surrender monkey/soft on terrah/must be with them" strong-arm tactics."

To which I replied "Most Americans were satisfied with bombing Afghanistan and going after the Taliban, hell most of Americans didn't even know that the Middle East hated us let alone there were Islamic jihadists that wanted to destroy western civilization so their 13 prophet could return. " Therefore to say that the senators and congressmen/women were concerned about a "shit storm," a "shit storm" from who? Not the American people.

There was no mention of Iraq in my statement just a statement on the mentality of the American people at the time. I believe most Americans were confused as to why we were going to war with Iraq, and would have settled for an assassination

Eric
08-25-2008, 02:24 PM
" Watch this video. I will keep posting it until you realize that Bush didn't stand alone."

Gail - are you able to grasp a basic sequence of events?

No one said The Chimp "stood alone." What was said is that The Chimp initiated and led the rush to war, with Congress acquiescing.

Or are you going to take the (insane) position that Congress led The Chimp to war?

Eric
08-25-2008, 02:25 PM
" I believe most Americans were confused as to why we were going to war with Iraq, and would have settled for an assassination."

Lovely.

And some Americans wonder why we're hated by the rest of the world.

Just imagine another nation's government deeeeeciding to "regime change" our regime. Oh, I forget. We're Americans - so we're always right.... .

ColleenC2
08-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Now back to Congress, you say that you believe they are culpable, yet all your vitriol is aimed at George Bush.

It would be like having a "snake oil" salesman coming through town and people were foolish enough to believe the cures that the salesman was spewing and then blaming the "snake oil" salesman for the stupidity of the people who wasted their money.

Or having a salesperson coming to your door and telling you how dangerous your property is, that the soil is polluted with toxins, and in 2-3 years your wife and you will develop terminal cancer and you need to sell your property immediately. And because of the poor condition of the property (land) you will not be able to get even half of what you paid for it.

And you like an idiot don't do any further research and out of fear you sell. Only to find out that the government wants to build a concrete mall on the property that you sold for pennies on the dollar.

You may want to blame the salesman, but in reality you are the one to blame.

Same as congress you may want to blame the President for trying to sell the bill of goods to congress but Congress is the one who bought it.

ColleenC2
08-25-2008, 02:40 PM
Just imagine another nation's government deeeeeciding to "regime change" our regime. .

Oh like that's never happened.

Eric
08-25-2008, 02:41 PM
"Now back to Congress, you say that you believe they are culpable, yet all your vitriol is aimed at George Bush."

Not all - that is your construction. But a great deal, yes. Because he is an arrogant imbecile and a vile demagogue; the Iraq debacle is just one reason to loathe him. There are many others.

His presidency has been a disaster of historic proportions; only a few Kool Aid gulping true believers still beeeeelieve otherwise - having convinced themselves of the unappreciated sagacity of their squinty-eyed load-in-his pants tough guy. You can see such people every Sunday in the audiences of TV evangelists, waiting to be delivered in ecstasy toward the Bright White Light....

It's sad.

gail
08-25-2008, 03:52 PM
" Watch this video. I will keep posting it until you realize that Bush didn't stand alone."

Gail - are you able to grasp a basic sequence of events?

No one said The Chimp "stood alone." What was said is that The Chimp initiated and led the rush to war, with Congress acquiescing.

Or are you going to take the (insane) position that Congress led The Chimp to war?

And I am saying that the Presidnet DIDN'T initiated and led the rush to war. I am claiming that the hysteria was already aflamed and 9/11 escalated the rush to war. n I am saying that most of them believe this equally.

Eric
08-25-2008, 03:59 PM
"And I am saying that the Presidnet DIDN'T initiated and led the rush to war."

It's no wonder he gets away with it... .

gail
08-25-2008, 04:20 PM
"Now back to Congress, you say that you believe they are culpable, yet all your vitriol is aimed at George Bush."

Not all - that is your construction. But a great deal, yes. Because he is an arrogant imbecile and a vile demagogue; the Iraq debacle is just one reason to loathe him. There are many others.

His presidency has been a disaster of historic proportions; only a few Kool Aid gulping true believers still beeeeelieve otherwise - having convinced themselves of the unappreciated sagacity of their squinty-eyed load-in-his pants tough guy. You can see such people every Sunday in the audiences of TV evangelists, waiting to be delivered in ecstasy toward the Bright White Light....

It's sad.

Whatever President Bush has faltered on, his actions couldn't hold a candle to FDR, Nixon, Ford, JFK, LBJ, Carter, or Clinton. We could throw in a dozen or more presidents names to boot. We live in turbulent times. I wish that we could go back to the golden years of the 50s, but they were also the beginning of hearth, home and mothers baking apple pie. Yeah, we've come a long way, baby, and I don't see most of it as being good.

I'm not drinking the Kool-ade or being slayed in the spirit either. I'm just more rational. Although, I'm sure nervous over the upcoming election. I don't see anything getting better.

Eric
08-25-2008, 05:18 PM
"Whatever President Bush has faltered on, his actions couldn't hold a candle to FDR, Nixon, Ford, JFK, LBJ, Carter, or Clinton. "

If you mean he hasn't been getting blowjobs in the Oval Office, that's probably true. It's the one thing you can say in defense of The Chimp that's probably true.

Though I would not be surprised at all to discover he likes to receive golden showers from Joe Lieberman.

misterdecibel
08-25-2008, 05:57 PM
GOP Convention Schedule:

Schedule:

8am: Opening Prayer to The One True God wherein they make a covenant to destroy all other religions.

9am: Pledge Allegiance to the New World Order

10am: Ghost of Ronald Reagan delivers opening speech.

11am: Convention attendees look on as the GOP display the vast tracts of Old Growth forest they've destroyed.

Noon: Lunch with young boys in the back of GOP provided vans w/roll out beds.

1pm: War for Profit: Going Beyond the Middle East

2pm: Nap

3pm: Second Cold War Tactics to get the fear vote.

4pm: Geriatric Aerobics

5pm: Bedtime

swamprat
08-26-2008, 12:23 PM
The chimp was downright brazen in the way he manipulated the public and the congress into going to invade Iraq. On the other hand, the cockroaches in congress in both parties did absolutely no due diligence work on reviewing the intelligence data. We have a retard as president and a severely dumbed down congress incapable of critical thought and positive action, a true reflection of our collective stupidity and gullibility as a country.

Intelligence data notwithstanding, we had absolutely no right to invade Iraq or any other country at the time. The pretext for invading Afganistan was that Bin Laden was there making cheesy VHS videos of himself in a cave supposedly threatening the United States while Bush was flying his family out of this country on private chartered jets.

How do we know or did we know where he is? How come we can't find the guy? The bottom line is that we gave the world WAY too much warning on our future actions, a characteristic of the Chimp and his Chimp-Dad. I remember the same patter being played out in 1990 when we amassed our military in Saudi Arabia, all the while Bush and Cheny were flitting around the country with the Vermin-ratic congress cutting our domestic military bases and depots.

If Reagan had been in the White House, he would have carried out a plan to isolate the attackers in secret. He wouldn't have used our people and firepower to the extent that this idiot has seen fit to do--- and he would have kept our military strong instead of gutting it.

I liken Bush and all the rest of the vermin scum bastards as traitors to this country.

Our basic rights have been mangled as a result of the jerk president and congress that we have endured for the last 8 years, and probably more......

gail
08-27-2008, 01:50 PM

Well!!!! I guess you saw that Ted Kennedy didn't let us down. LOL ;D

misterdecibel
08-28-2008, 03:48 AM
I haven't turned on my TV since the Valencia GP on Sunday.

Eric
08-28-2008, 06:18 AM
I haven't turned on my TV since the Valencia GP on Sunday.

I won't waste my time with these "conventions," either. They're merely anointment ceremonies for the two "wings" of the ruling party. Where is Guy Fawkes when you need him?

swamprat
08-28-2008, 12:58 PM
GOP Convention Schedule:

Schedule:

8am: Opening Prayer to The One True God wherein they make a covenant to destroy all other religions.

9am: Pledge Allegiance to the New World Order

10am: Ghost of Ronald Reagan delivers opening speech.

11am: Convention attendees look on as the GOP display the vast tracts of Old Growth forest they've destroyed.

Noon: Lunch with young boys in the back of GOP provided vans w/roll out beds.

1pm: War for Profit: Going Beyond the Middle East

2pm: Nap

3pm: Second Cold War Tactics to get the fear vote.

4pm: Geriatric Aerobics

5pm: Bedtime

Convention Sponsors:

Depends
Buick
Maalox
Preparation H
Liberty Mediical
Countrywide (Reverse Mortgages)

gail
08-29-2008, 09:41 PM
I think that the convention was a farce. There was no contest at all. Although I think I know how hypocritical the Democrats are, it never ceases to amaze me at the lengths they will go to show their depth of hypocrisy. They would not allow John Edwards to speak at the convention because of his affair, and then they trot out Kennedy and Clinton. Oho ho ho ho. Amazing! And, then if that wasn't enough they actually criticized his wife for supporting his run for the presidency.

Don't they have a club for these women - maybe the First wives club, or Let's get together and do our husband in. Stump hand them.

I was watching a Bond movie the other night, and Penny was told that she didn't ". . .have the balls for it . . ." To which she quipped, "No, you are right, but I don't have to think with them either."

Did anyone read Prickly City today. It was a classic. It is now my favorite comic strip.

Eric
08-30-2008, 06:31 AM
"I think that the convention was a farce. There was no contest at all. Although I think I know how hypocritical the Democrats are, it never ceases to amaze me at the lengths they will go to show their depth of hypocrisy. They would not allow John Edwards to speak at the convention because of his affair, and then they trot out Kennedy and Clinton. Oho ho ho ho. Amazing! And, then if that wasn't enough they actually criticized his wife for supporting his run for the presidency."

Not that it's an issue for me - but what do you have to say about McSame's philandering and treatment of his first wife, eh? Every bit as bad as Edwards; arguably worse. Yet it's McSame and his "fambuhly values" shysters who will talk loudest about the sanctity of marriage and vaaaaalues.