PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin e-mail Hacker

Valentine One Radar Detector

gail
09-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Suspected Palin E-Mail Hacker

Government officals have to follow legal guidelines. Young hackers are a threat to us all, like a bugler lurking behind the house.

ttp://www.switched.com/2008/09/22/fbi-raids-apartment-of-suspected-palin-e-mail-hacker/?icid=200100397x1209857918x1200595116

Mase
09-22-2008, 09:30 PM

like a bugler lurking behind the house.

http://www.thomas-hardye.dorset.sch.uk/news/images/2006Remembrance/2006-Remembrance-Bugler.jpg

gail
09-22-2008, 09:42 PM

like a bugler lurking behind the house.

http://www.thomas-hardye.dorset.sch.uk/news/images/2006Remembrance/2006-Remembrance-Bugler.jpg

Youse guys since of humor never ceases to amuse and amaze me. ;D

But as the judge told the asst. DA twit when I had misspelled a word in my deposition when she tried to get it thrown out, the law says if everyone knows what is meant then it is allowable - it stands. Next time just correct the spelling for me - burglar. OK?

MikeHalloran
09-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Sorry, I didn't make the connection to 'burglar' from 'bugler'.

I figured, hey, maybe she's just got a thing for horn players.

gail
09-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Sorry, I didn't make the connection to 'burglar' from 'bugler'.

I figured, hey, maybe she's just got a thing for horn players.

Welcome, I always love to tuss with new players. (pun, intended) ;D

chiph
09-23-2008, 12:21 PM
I've been following the story on some of the technical boards, and this guy:

1. Didn't do anything that anyone else could easily have done
2. Was an idiot for not thinking about the consequences of his actions (This is a governor and VP candidate we're talking about, not some schmoe)
3. Didn't cover his tracks well enough (black-out any URLs in screenshots!!)
4. Used a new password for her account that could be tied to him ('popcorn' when his last name is 'Kernell')

Palin was:
1. Dumb for using an easily guessed email account name (gov.palin@yahoo)
2. Dumb for using a public email service in the first place
3. At least lucky/smart enough not to use the account for anything embarassing.

Yahoo is:
1. Dumb for using the "Guess my favorite color" form of identity verification duing a password reset

My prediction is that the investigation will be dragged out until after the election, so that the Republicans aren't seen to be bullies. Then, if McCain/Palin win the election, he'll have the book thrown at him so that the gov't can be seen to be tough on cyber-crime. If OldGuy & BettyCrocker don't get elected, then the case will be essentially dropped, with the kid basically sentenced to time already served.

Chip H.

gail
09-23-2008, 01:37 PM
I've been following the story on some of the technical boards, and this guy:

1. Didn't do anything that anyone else could easily have done
2. Was an idiot for not thinking about the consequences of his actions (This is a governor and VP candidate we're talking about, not some schmoe)
3. Didn't cover his tracks well enough (black-out any URLs in screenshots!!)
4. Used a new password for her account that could be tied to him ('popcorn' when his last name is 'Kernell')

Palin was:
1. Dumb for using an easily guessed email account name (gov.palin@yahoo)
2. Dumb for using a public email service in the first place
3. At least lucky/smart enough not to use the account for anything embarassing.

Yahoo is:
1. Dumb for using the "Guess my favorite color" form of identity verification duing a password reset

My prediction is that the investigation will be dragged out until after the election, so that the Republicans aren't seen to be bullies. Then, if McCain/Palin win the election, he'll have the book thrown at him so that the gov't can be seen to be tough on cyber-crime. If OldGuy & BettyCrocker don't get elected, then the case will be essentially dropped, with the kid basically sentenced to time already served.

Chip H.

I like the first part of your post. I feel that it is factual and well thought out. The last paragraph had some cute, but undeserved innuendoes towards McCain/Palin. It is my feelings/beliefs/background upbringing that regardless of how "cute" an adverse comment may be, it not only shows a lack of respect for the person being made fun of, but also shows a lack of breeding of the person giving the comment. Even though it is considered acceptable to accept low brows, "other side of the tracks" people, etc. to make them feel a part of our society, the object here is to bring them up to a cultured level, not get down in the gutter with them. We are better than that, and so are they.

One can disagree with another person's politics, religion, choice of profession and so forth without degrading that person's self-worth. By doing so you tell me and the world more about yourself than about the person being ridiculed.

chiph
09-23-2008, 04:09 PM
By doing so you tell me and the world more about yourself than about the person being ridiculed.

Sorry to have disappointed you.
But I don't like the candidates put forth by either of the major parties.

Einstein defined insanity as repeating the same action over and over again, but expecting different results each time.
If this is true, then anyone voting for either of the major parties and is expecting something different this time as a result, is insane.

I'll try and stay factual in the future and let the candidates be hoist by their own petard.

Chip H.

gail
09-23-2008, 08:16 PM
By doing so you tell me and the world more about yourself than about the person being ridiculed.

Sorry to have disappointed you.
But I don't like the candidates put forth by either of the major parties.

Einstein defined insanity as repeating the same action over and over again, but expecting different results each time.
If this is true, then anyone voting for either of the major parties and is expecting something different this time as a result, is insane.

I'll try and stay factual in the future and let the candidates be hoist by their own petard.

Chip H.

Once again I can agree with part of your post, but I take issue with part. Sort of good news/bad news which do you want first. I'll soften it with the good news first - I agree that it is insanity to repeat the same action over and over again, while expecting different results.

With that out of the way, I disagree that either of the candidate are same old, same old. Both sides are unique in their own way, well, part of both sides are anyway. I believe that both Obama and Palin are relative outsiders, and McCain and Biden are insiders. I also believe that the absence of a vote is a vote for Obama.

Obama is new and refreshing in his own way, and if you subscribe to his views then he's the man. Palin is also new and refreshing in her own way, and if you subscribe to her views then she the gal. I stand on Palin's side.

I personally would rather have McCain in the White House with Palin influencing him and her being a heart beat away from being president, than Obama being controlled by Biden and his cronies, with him being a heart beat away.

Back to your original statement " insanity to repeat the same action over and over again, while expecting different results" to my views, the only way to stop the insanity is to vote out Congress, and put term limits on the position.

There you have it!

elly
09-24-2008, 12:03 AM
now now....you can't tell one person NOT to badmouth the ones running and then do it yourself.

i have my own opinions but apparently they aren't welcome here so i'll shush and just mutter to myself :-\

thank goodness there is free speech in elly's house! ;D

Eric
09-24-2008, 06:47 AM
now now....you can't tell one person NOT to badmouth the ones running and then do it yourself.

i have my own opinions but apparently they aren't welcome here so i'll shush and just mutter to myself :-\

Gail's a rabid Republican (neo-con) and defends them to the nth degree. I'm a Libertarian/independent (the kind that has come to have real problems with the modern Republican Party) and so we knock heads a lot here.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't join in - whatever side of the fence you're on!

gail
09-24-2008, 04:57 PM

Who are you talking to? Eric is on one side and I'm on the other -- is there a middle side that you feel more comfortable in. Your comments will be appreciated and welcomed. If different than ours, then maybe we both can learn something. :D

Join in, please!