PDA

View Full Version : Everybody should watch this

Valentine One Radar Detector

ColleenC2
10-06-2008, 06:51 PM
http://www.watchfreeepisodes.com/hannitys-america-obama-and-friends-watch-the-whole-hannity-america-obama-and-friends-the-history-of-radicalism-videos-of-the-show-online/3571/

Eric
10-06-2008, 07:15 PM
http://www.watchfreeepisodes.com/hannitys-america-obama-and-friends-watch-the-whole-hannity-america-obama-and-friends-the-history-of-radicalism-videos-of-the-show-online/3571/

Once again - it's fine to go after Obama; but we're in the mess we're in right now because of the "radicalism" of the current occupant of the White House, whose anointed successor would continue the same policies. It's an open question whether left-liberal radicalism is any worse than the neo-conned radicalism of "freeeeeeeeee trade," deeeeeeeregulation" and "privatization."

I am no fan of Obama's. But The Chimp - and McChimp - are a despicable lot of cretins who deserve more contempt for what they have done vs. what Obama might do.

For all we know, Obama may, in fact, be a reasonable guy open to reasonable policies. But we know Bush is an ***hole as well as an incompetent. And we know McCain is an ardent defender of the aforesaid and all his major policies.

Maybe the devil we know is worse than the one we don't.....

swamprat
10-06-2008, 07:47 PM
I hope that you are right, for I think that Obama will be the next president barring an ephphany by the average American to either:
1. Stay home on election day and
2. Vote for a 3rd party candidate.

Eric
10-07-2008, 10:20 AM
I hope that you are right, for I think that Obama will be the next president barring an ephphany by the average American to either:
1. Stay home on election day and
2. Vote for a 3rd party candidate.

I hope so, too.

While I am no fan of Obama's, the GOP deserves to be handed a devastating defeat at all levels; a repudiation of their BS and incompetence.

I do not pretend to know what an Obama presidency would bring. But he deserves a shot - and even our support, until he acts in such a way as to not deserve it - while McCain and Palin deserve nothing but contempt and derision. McCain for his dogged support of the very policies that created the mess we're in; Palin for her noxious combination of ignorance and effrontery. Sorry, but the last thing we need is a "soccer mom" handling a financial collapse of historic proportions - or applying her vapid bromides to hugely complex foreign policy issues about which she is cripplingly uninformed.

chiph
10-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Like I've said before, you're not limited to picking the least-worst of two poor choices.
There are other parties.

Chip H.

Eric
10-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Like I've said before, you're not limited to picking the least-worst of two poor choices.
There are other parties.

Chip H.

Yes. But I have been debating whether, in this extraordinary time, it makes more sense (especially in a swing state like VA, which might go Obama's way) to vote the Democrat ticket. Ron Paul is great; I would happily support Bob Barr - or even Chuck Baldwin. But none of them is going to be elected dog catcher this November. It's going to be McSame or Obama. My contempt for the GOP is bottomless right now; they are worse than anything on the Democrat side because the Dems. at least still generally hew to democratic policies, while the GOP has utterly betrayed the smaller/more responsible government ideals that were once the main difference between the GOP and the Democrats. The GOP needs to be destroyed as a viable political entity - and the first step is a crushing defeat this November.

Which is why I may hold my nose and vote for Obama.

misterdecibel
10-07-2008, 03:53 PM
There are other parties.

Chip H.

Yes. But I have been debating whether, in this extraordinary time, it makes more sense (especially in a swing state like VA, which might go Obama's way) to vote the Democrat ticket. Ron Paul is great; I would happily support Bob Barr - or even Chuck Baldwin. But none of them is going to be elected dog catcher this November. It's going to be McSame or Obama. My contempt for the GOP is bottomless right now; they are worse than anything on the Democrat side because the Dems. at least still generally hew to democratic policies, while the GOP has utterly betrayed the smaller/more responsible government ideals that were once the main difference between the GOP and the Democrats. The GOP needs to be destroyed as a viable political entity - and the first step is a crushing defeat this November.

Which is why I may hold my nose and vote for Obama.

Agreed, in spades. Between their disdain for the Constitution, deficit spending, and their view that war is the proper response for all international problems, the GOP must go. Oh, and their association with the religious nutcakes.

swamprat
10-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Believe me, Obama doesn't need your vote. He will have the votes of approximately half of the uninformed mass dumbos out therer. McPain will have the other half.

Eric
10-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Believe me, Obama doesn't need your vote. He will have the votes of approximately half of the uninformed mass dumbos out therer. McPain will have the other half.

Virginia will be very close. It is chock full of bible-believing Chimponians in the rural areas; lots of educated elite liberals in the Northern Va. area. My vote (and my wife's vote) probably won't be decisive, but who knows? Va is one of the states McChimp must lose to lose the presidency. If we can help make that happen, it's worth at least trying!

Eric
10-08-2008, 07:44 AM
"Agreed, in spades. Between their disdain for the Constitution, deficit spending, and their view that war is the proper response for all international problems, the GOP must go. Oh, and their association with the religious nutcakes."

It continues to amaze me that more conservatives/historic GOP voters haven't abandoned - indeed, outright repudiated - what the GOP under The Chimp has become.

But, as Joe Bageant ("Deer Hunting With Jesus") and others have noted, the Rove strategy has been incredibly effective in duping these people and getting them to vote against their own interests - just by mouthing religious pieties, clutching the flag and playing the "jes' reglar folks" game....

However, I suspect that given the mess we're in, if Obama were a white guy he'd be double digits ahead of McChimp!