PDA

View Full Version : The Christian Agenda....

Valentine One Radar Detector

Eric
10-10-2008, 07:23 AM
Well, last night, the wife and I are comfortably on the couch watching TV. It's early evening - and already dark outside. Suddenly - surprisingly - the door bell rings. Twice. This is very odd. We do not get visitors often, for one. And we live in the country, with the house itself set far back on our land. You do not just walk up to the door, as in suburbia. You have to drive down a fairly long, private gravel driveway first.

Ok - that sets the scene.

Well, given it's dark and we're not expecting anyone, I grab my pistol and go the front of the house to see what's up. A car is parked outside; I see two men standing on the front stoop. Older guys; they look harmless. Maybe they need help or are lost. So I turn on the porch light and open the door.

And get the "Jesus Speech."

Do we have a church? What church is it? We're from the Handling Serpents Assembly of God (or some such), just down the road... et cetera.

Because they are old men I am not openly rude to them. I tell them we're in the middle of supper, take their pamphlets and say goodnight.

However, I find it endlessly aggravating that the same people who constantly fag bash and talk about the "gay agenda" to manipulate dumbo Value Voters into supporting Republican shysters like The Chimp and McSame don't see the irony. I have never once in my life had a gay man or woman show up, uninvited, on my doorstep to proselytize about the wonders of their lifestyle - and urge me to join up. Never received any literature in my mailbox. Never been bothered at all, in fact.

But I have repeatedly had to endure uninvited Holy Rollers trespassing on my property, interrupting my dinner, etc., trying to pitch me on their lifestyle and sell me on their agenda... .

So, who is it again that can't just shut up about what they're into and mind their own damn business? Who is it who can't seem to rest unless others share their views - and lifestyle?

I'll give you two guesses....

DonTom
10-10-2008, 07:37 AM
"However, I find it endlessly aggravating that the same people who constantly fag bash and talk about the "gay agenda" to manipulate dumbo Value Voters into supporting Republican shysters like The Chimp and McSame don't see the irony."

BTW, what's with the "marriage is between a man and a woman" I see, just under the Permatex® Products advertisement, when I log into this forum? Something that Pete did?

-Don-

Eric
10-10-2008, 07:50 AM
"However, I find it endlessly aggravating that the same people who constantly fag bash and talk about the "gay agenda" to manipulate dumbo Value Voters into supporting Republican shysters like The Chimp and McSame don't see the irony."

BTW, what's with the "marriage is between a man and a woman" I see, just under the Permatex® Products advertisement, when I log into this forum? Something that Pete did?

-Don-

I've never seen that! On the main page?

DonTom
10-10-2008, 08:04 AM
"I've never seen that! On the main page? "

I see it now, on the very top of THIS page, just below the Permatax advertisement.

You don't see it?

-Don-

DonTom
10-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Eric,

Maybe only I see it because because I am in CA. It's a "Yes on prop 8". CA Prop 8 reads ""Eliminates Right of Same-Sex couples to marry, initiative Constitutional Amendment" and if I click on it, it goes right to:

http://www.protectmarriage.com/

-Don-

Eric
10-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Eric,

Maybe only I see it because because I am in CA. It's a "Yes on prop 8". CA Prop 8 reads ""Eliminates Right of Same-Sex couples to marry, initiative Constitutional Amendment" and if I click on it, it goes right to:

http://www.protectmarriage.com/

-Don-

That could be; I didn't realize ads were tailored by region. Definitely not seeing it here....

DonTom
10-11-2008, 09:26 AM
"Definitely not seeing it here.... "

It's no longer here either. Good riddance to that!

BTW, I hear yesterday Connecticut made same sex marriage legal, for the third state in the USA (now, MA, CA & CT).

I think more and more people are getting tired of Christian nonsense.

-Don-

Eric
10-11-2008, 10:21 AM
"Definitely not seeing it here.... "

It's no longer here either. Good riddance to that!

BTW, I hear yesterday Connecticut made same sex marriage legal, for the third state in the USA (now, MA, CA & CT).

I think more and more people are getting tired of Christian nonsense.

-Don-

I'd like to think so, but I doubt it.

In fact, I tend to believe that as times get worse, people become more religious.... Exhibit A of which is the rise of what might be called "cracker fundamentalism" of the GWB and Sarah Palin variety, which has among its core tenets a simple-minded Manichean wordview (one side is "right," the other "wrong" - always, with no shades of gray) as well as an apocalyptic, End Times eschatology.

The latter is one of the many reasons why that dreadful Palin person needs to be kept far, far, away from the White House or any other dangerous equipment!