PDA

View Full Version : Monsters

Valentine One Radar Detector

grouch
02-02-2009, 07:28 PM
I guess everybody has little, or not so little monsters in their neighborhood. I've lived here since the 80's and have seen them come and go. Either they grow up and straighten up, or they go to jail. We've had a lot of trouble with petty, and not so petty, vandalizm around here the last year or so. One little snot likes to run between my, and my neighbours houses and tease my dog. I've been tempted to saw her cable halfway through but she's getting so old and deaf and blind, I don't think she even notices anymore.

A few months ago, a house up the street went up in flames. Last night, little Mr. Monster wasn't paying attention and I caught him unlocking my front hub on one side of my truck. I took him by the elbow, pinching a nerve junction in the process, and explained to him I didn't like people who messed with my wheels. He had a snotty "What do you think you're gonna do old man" look on his face until I let go of the nerve junction. :D The longer you hold it, it doesn't hurt while you hold it, the more it hurts when you release it. I then explained that I knew where he lived and used to be a cop so i would have no problem signing a criminal complaint against him and his buddy's if I felt it neccessary. I also mentioned some other things that I won't print because of legal concerns.

I've been meaning to watch the movie "Gran Torino" but haven't yet.

Eric
02-03-2009, 07:06 AM
Animal abuse is just cause for serious repercussions. In the old days, when things could be handled properly, the solution was easy and obvious. Today, thanks to our PC and lawyer-addled culture, not so much. But you could set up a video rig. And once you have incontrovertible evidence that her Moo-mie can't dispute, you can pursue legal action. Call the cops; better yet, call a real shark of a shyster lawyer and sue the Moo-mie and Duh-die into the poorhouse.

"A few months ago, a house up the street went up in flames. Last night, little Mr. Monster wasn't paying attention and I caught him unlocking my front hub on one side of my truck. I took him by the elbow, pinching a nerve junction in the process, and explained to him I didn't like people who messed with my wheels. He had a snotty "What do you think you're gonna do old man" look on his face until I let go of the nerve junction. :D The longer you hold it, it doesn't hurt while you hold it, the more it hurts when you release it. I then explained that I knew where he lived and used to be a cop so i would have no problem signing a criminal complaint against him and his buddy's if I felt it neccessary. I also mentioned some other things that I won't print because of legal concerns. "

Good move. I hope the little cretin gets the message. I still would have called the cops and filed a complaint. I have zero tolerance for scumbags, teen-apers or adults.

I am so grateful we moved away from suburbia and the "next door" neighbor is a quarter-mile down the street and the land that abuts ours is a 120 acre farm.

In our old place, we never had actual theft/vandalism happen, but unsupervised/run amok kids were a constant thing. The people who lived two houses down had a daughter who was about 5 and they just left this kid to wander the cul-de-sac and she often just wandered right into my garage (or my neighbor's) where there were all sorts of kid-unfriendly items, from sharp tools to heavy things that might fall on you if you happened to be a kid and tried climbing some shelves, etc. It was infuriating. One, I didn't want the kid to get hurt; two, I didn't want to be held responsible for the kid being hurt - which you just know would happen if the kid toppled a motorcycle on herself or something - even though it's my private property and the kid had no business being there. I have heard about similar situations where a person got sued into oblivion because the neighbor's kid got into the other neighbor's pool - which didn't have saaaaaaaaaaaaaaafety/chiiiiiiiiiiiiild proof features.

Etc.

You need to move!

grouch
02-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Nope, I'll be darned if I move. Unless I hit the lottery and get a bigger place, I'm staying right here. I don't suffer from stress. I prefer to be a carrier. I've dealt with numerous little darlings through the years. Only one ever really pushed it and he didn't enjoy the experience.

dom
02-04-2009, 09:58 PM
There are some decent surveillance cameras on newegg.com. They even have one that will pan and tilt and you can set up to a web server. You can access it from the domain page that you have it linked to then also be able to move the camera around, or you can set it for motion detection mode and to record for x amount of time after motion is detected, then email you notifications when something happens. A decent rig will run you about 300 bills, but will save you thousands. I am am seriously considering doing that for my house.

I remember back in college I had a rig set up all around my apartment building, let's just say I was doing shet to where I needed to know what was going on. Had it all rigged up to one of my websites and could check out the situation from class on my computer. Anyhow, my roommate called me surveillance dom, HA.

Don't mickey mouse with this kid and wait until something serious happens. Cover you ass and get some video of him doing something bad before you beat him to death.

grouch
02-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Don't mickey mouse with this kid and wait until something serious happens. Cover you ass and get some video of him doing something bad before you beat him to death.

I'm not a warm and fuzzy person by nature. I've already passed the word to a deputy I know. In fact, I was his traffic training officer when he was first sworn in.:D As long as this little bra.....er....darling little child has lived near me, you'd think he knows better. His mom isn't one of these "My child would never do that" types. I've tried to catch her to have a talk with her. I suspect sonny will be a on a really short leash when I do.

grouch
02-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Well, Mr. Monster won't be bothering anybody for a while. 3 days after he turned 18, he got caught in a car trying to steal it. :D He couldn't get it started but did manage to make it roll a few feet. That makes it auto theft and not auto burglary.

I know the fellow he was trying to steal the car from. The word has already been passed around the jail that he is gay but likes to play hard to get. Mr. Monster is learning the difference between juvenile and adult legal systems. Knowing the guy he was trying to rip off, he's lucky to be in jail, not the hospital.

Eric
02-14-2009, 07:35 AM
Well, Mr. Monster won't be bothering anybody for a while. 3 days after he turned 18, he got caught in a car trying to steal it. :D He couldn't get it started but did manage to make it roll a few feet. That makes it auto theft and not auto burglary.

I know the fellow he was trying to steal the car from. The word has already been passed around the jail that he is gay but likes to play hard to get. Mr. Monster is learning the difference between juvenile and adult legal systems. Knowing the guy he was trying to rip off, he's lucky to be in jail, not the hospital.

Very good!

A trip to "college" may prove educational for this kid.

Ken
02-14-2009, 03:50 PM

From what I read, above, I think he might have been luckier to be in hospital rather than in jail. I do hope justice is well and truly done.

Ken.

grouch
02-14-2009, 07:08 PM
From what I read, above, I think he might have been luckier to be in hospital rather than in jail. I do hope justice is well and truly done.

Ken.

Both myself and Frank grew up in rather rough neighborhoods. It's amazing what the right word whispered in the right ears can achieve. If he gets snotty with Franks cousin, the word will be passed that not only is he gay but likes to play hard to get, he also likes it rough. I've known Frank for yeard and he used to work for me when I ran a salvage yard. Good guy to have at your back in a rough bar.

grouch
03-13-2009, 07:32 PM
An update on Mr. Monster. He found out the hard way that you really ought to keep your mouth shut and let your lawyer do the talking. A high school guy mouthing off to his buddies is one thing. Mouthing off to a judge is a BAD idea. He still needs to go to trial but when he mouthed off in the preliminary hearing, he got 60 days for contempt of court.

dom
03-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Wow, this kid was destined to be a felon! It's nice to hear stories about people finding what they had been looking for in life. Now that he has accomplished this goal maybe he will raise the bar higher next time.

Big boy school might teach him a thing or too!