PDA

View Full Version : 96 plymouth Rallye minivan blink codes

Valentine One Radar Detector

Bear
05-28-2009, 01:09 PM
I am trying to diagnose a transmission shifting problem on a 96 Plymouth Rallye minivan, it has a 3.3 litre V 6, seems to be not shifting out of low gear, I was told that it may possibly be the shift computer, but while test driving it I noticed that the shift lever does not shift completely into low gear, the check engine light is on and i would like to see what the blink codes are to figure out or possibly come up with an avenue to pursue. I can be left a message ere, or at bearonawing@aol.com Thanks...Bear

Eric
05-28-2009, 01:52 PM
I am trying to diagnose a transmission shifting problem on a 96 Plymouth Rallye minivan, it has a 3.3 litre V 6, seems to be not shifting out of low gear, I was told that it may possibly be the shift computer, but while test driving it I noticed that the shift lever does not shift completely into low gear, the check engine light is on and i would like to see what the blink codes are to figure out or possibly come up with an avenue to pursue. I can be left a message ere, or at bearonawing@aol.com Thanks...Bear

One physical/mechanical thing to check is the kickdown linkage. If that's out of whack/damaged/inoperative the transmission's shift quality will be very poor and it may not shift out of low gear at all.

In any case, avoid driving the thing until you figure out the problem as it's really easy to burn up an automatic....

dom
05-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Also, give it the ole sniff test too! Checking both the level and smell. As far as the codes go, you/somebody is going to have to look up the testing procedure for getting them out. More than likely its one of those count the blinks deals. When I have some time one night this evening I can get on and check the procedure and inform you.

It's after '94, so an OBDII scanner/code reader can be connected to the car as well.