PDA

View Full Version : 83-year-old Motorist Shoots 64-year-old Biker

Valentine One Radar Detector

Mase
07-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Well, the old(er) codger apparently cut off the Biker in traffic, causing the Biker to go Postal (er, Road Rage-ist) and following him into the hospital parking lot where the motorist was going to visit his wife. Biker attacked motorist, didn't figure on him having a concealed carry permit; Biker gets shot.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/article1015760.ece

Eric
07-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Well, the old(er) codger apparently cut off the Biker in traffic, causing the Biker to go Postal (er, Road Rage-ist) and folowing him into the hospital parking lot where the motorist was going to visit his wife. Biker attacked motorist, didn't figure on him having a concealed carry permit; Biker gets shot.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/article1015760.ece

I can appreciate that the biker was angry - very possibly legitimately angry. As a biker myself I know how enraging it can be when some dude (hell, anyone) in a car cuts you off. It can be a life-ender and not just a fender- bender.

Maybe the old guy was "stereotypical" - but even if he was and did cut the biker off, physically attacking an 83 year old man is completely over the top. The guy deserved to get ventilated. If he felt the old man was senile/reckless, he should have called the cops and reported it and let them deal with it.

Mase
07-04-2009, 07:59 PM
I can appreciate that the biker was angry - very possibly legitimately angry. As a biker myself I know how enraging it can be when some dude (hell, anyone) in a car cuts you off. It can be a life-ender and not just a fender- bender.

Maybe the old guy was "stereotypical" - but even if he was and did cut the biker off, physically attacking an 83 year old man is completely over the top. The guy deserved to get ventilated. If he felt the old man was senile/reckless, he should have called the cops and reported it and let them deal with it.

Well, the car driver was 83, and this was Florida. Not much more needs to be said, eh?

Eric
07-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Well, the car driver was 83, and this was Florida. Not much more needs to be said, eh?

Probably not!

Regardless, I can't imagine hitting an 83 year old over bad driving/senility (or for any other reason I can think of). It's against The Code - like hitting a woman. It's just not done.