PDA

View Full Version : 8 smarter ways to spend a Sunday afternoon

Valentine One Radar Detector

Eric
06-27-2010, 07:41 AM
You could vegetate in front of the TV, watching "the game" and imagining yourself as somehow involved, worrying about the success or failure of a bunch of overpaid entertainers who represent you, your city or state about as much as your congressman represents (or gives a fuck about) you.

Or, you could:

* Go for a motorcycle ride.

* Go for a walk (or a run).

* Fix something around the house.

* Read a good book.

* Play with your kids.

* Talk with your wife.

* Take a nap.

* Take a dump.

Anything is better than worrying about "your" team and "the game."

Adam
06-27-2010, 10:59 AM
All good suggestions Eric, now that the USA is out of the world cup I'm going to take your suggestions. Guys I know of men my age(old) that spend the whole Sunday sitting in their room and playing video games. In my opinion that's worst then watching a ball game.

Eric
06-27-2010, 11:55 AM
All good suggestions Eric, now that the USA is out of the world cup I'm going to take your suggestions. Guys I know of men my age(old) that spend the whole Sunday sitting in their room and playing video games. In my opinion that's worst then watching a ball game.

Well, at least they're doing something (as opposed to watching others do something) and if they win, they've actually won!

Piney
06-29-2010, 05:54 PM
I still play baseball every Sunday morning...at least from April till September. We're an over 40 team. Yeah, we're a bit slower and no, we can't hit as well as we used to, but we still enjoy playing the game.

(From October till March we ride AMA's Polar Bear Grand Tour on Sundays)

Eric
06-29-2010, 07:47 PM
I still play baseball every Sunday morning...at least from April till September. We're an over 40 team. Yeah, we're a bit slower and no, we can't hit as well as we used to, but we still enjoy playing the game.

(From October till March we ride AMA's Polar Bear Grand Tour on Sundays)

Playing sport is great; you are actually doing something. It actually is your team.

I'm all for it. I'm very active myself.

What I rant at full throttle against is the Cult of the Pro Afa-lete.

Michael
06-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Y'all,

Today I
* Went for a motorcycle ride.

* Went for a bicycle ride (28 hilly miles).

* Fixed something around the house.

* Read a good magazine (book coming soon).

* Talked with my kid (lives across town).

* Talked with my wife. (Almost said I talked with YOUR wife)

* Took a nap.

* Took a dump. (Actually 2. Want more details?)

Now I'm tired and watching Nadal and Soderling at Wimbledon. Anyone mind?