PDA

View Full Version : Godblock

Valentine One Radar Detector

chiph
07-06-2010, 06:31 PM
A surfing filter for your PC that removes religious content.
Keep your kids safe!

GodBlock is a web filter that blocks religious content. It is targeted at parents and schools who wish to protect their kids from the often violent, sexual, and psychologically harmful material in many holy texts, and from being indoctrinated into any religion before they are of the age to make such decisions. When installed properly, GodBlock will test each page that your child visits before it is loaded, looking for passages from holy texts, names of religious figures, and other signs of religious propaganda. If none are found, then your child is allowed to browse freely.

http://www.godblock.com/

Eric
07-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Keep your kids safe!

http://www.godblock.com/

post of the day! :D

dBrong
07-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Keep your kids safe!

As a life long atheist and free will thinker, there is nothing to fear from religious or other texts... be it Hitler or Karl Marx or Grocho Marx.

This lunancy of 'protecting' people from unwanted 'thoughts' is just that ... lunancy.

The reason our government and government schools want to ban religion is because it competes with their power!

Eric
07-07-2010, 01:09 PM
As a life long atheist and free will thinker, there is nothing to fear from religious or other texts... be it Hitler or Karl Marx or Grocho Marx.

This lunancy of 'protecting' people from unwanted 'thoughts' is just that ... lunancy.

The reason our government and government schools want to ban religion is because it competes with their power!

From what I can tell, it appears to be an effort to shield kids from religious indoctrination. As in, "Jesus is lord" vs. "Here's what Christian theology claims about Jesus." The latter I have no problem with; the former I absolutely do insofar as force-feeding that mind poison to impressionable kids.

I posted something before about the religious "self-perpetuation machine" - which amounts to kids being born to religious parents, who then tell them in no uncertain terms that "Jesus is Lord" (and so on), which imparts the guilt-tripped, mind-fucked, inability to think/reason conceptually that are the necessary prerequisites to maintaining religious beliefs....