PDA

View Full Version : Maggot parade in 'dem Hoopties mang....

Valentine One Radar Detector

Eric
07-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Maaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu3_AQVnz8U&feature=related

dBrong
07-18-2010, 06:45 PM
While it is humorous, it's sad. American born citizens acting like they're from the third world. If our leaders can't see the problem with this....

Eric
07-21-2010, 08:13 AM
While it is humorous, it's sad. American born citizens acting like they're from the third world. If our leaders can't see the problem with this....

This country is a Third World country. We just haven't come to grips with it yet, just as we still think we're freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

dieseleverything
07-21-2010, 09:31 AM
This country is a Third World country. We just haven't come to grips with it yet, just as we still think we're freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

While I agree that we are not very free any more, what is your idea of a third world country? While we aren't what we used to be I don't think we are a third world country just yet.

Eric
07-21-2010, 09:35 AM
While I agree that we are not very free any more, what is your idea of a third world country? While we aren't what we used to be I don't think we are a third world country just yet.

Authoritarian government;
An economically insecure middle and working class;
Decaying infrastructure;
Pervasive corruption/cronyism;
Rule of law a joke... etc.

Check out what DC, or LA, or Baltimore, or Apelanta or Chicongo look like and tell me if you see much of a difference between those places and, say, Kinshasa or Port-au-Prince.

dieseleverything
07-21-2010, 09:48 AM
True, but we have good water, food and are not all at the poverty line...yet. We are probably a second world country (if that exists).

Eric
07-21-2010, 11:23 AM
True, but we have good water, food and are not all at the poverty line...yet. We are probably a second world country (if that exists).

All that is very tenuous; and the fact that we're reduced to pointing to such basics as evidence of how "good" we have it is the clearest evidence I can think of that we don't!

swamprat
07-24-2010, 07:37 AM
All that is very tenuous; and the fact that we're reduced to pointing to such basics as evidence of how "good" we have it is the clearest evidence I can think of that we don't!

Agreed. I believe that we are hanging in the balance. The only thing that separates us from a 3rd world country is the fact that we still have electricity and gas. Should someone pull the plug on that, we're dead.