PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck jabbering about jeebus

Valentine One Radar Detector

Eric
07-22-2010, 11:59 AM
So today I was listening to Beck on XM and (once again) he went on and on and on about "church" and "religion" .... two things of negative interest to me (and probably, to many others who want to discuss the proper role and limits of government, not "the lord").

But it's not their religiosity per se that really bothers me. If I thought they really did believe in freedom, as in - leave me alone until and unless I use force against someone else, or threaten to do so; get your god-damned hand out of my pocket; take your world empire/militaristic flag-humping and shove it up your ass - then I would not mind their Bible-braying. But sure as dog shit turns white after a couple of days, "conservatives" like Beck are really authority-worshippers as determined to impose their will on others (at gunpoint, if need be) as any of the "liberals" they harp about.

That's the dilemma. We're (those of us who understand the concept of freedom) caught between the statism of the right (Beck, Limbaugh, The Chimp and Palin) and the statism of the left (Barry, Hillary, etc.).

ColleenC2
07-22-2010, 12:59 PM
So today I was listening to Beck on XM and (once again) he went on and on and on about "church" and "religion" .... two things of negative interest to me (and probably, to many others who want to discuss the proper role and limits of government, not "the lord").

But it's not their religiosity per se that really bothers me. If I thought they really did believe in freedom, as in - leave me alone until and unless I use force against someone else, or threaten to do so; get your god-damned hand out of my pocket; take your world empire/militaristic flag-humping and shove it up your ass - then I would not mind their Bible-braying. But sure as dog shit turns white after a couple of days, "conservatives" like Beck are really authority-worshippers as determined to impose their will on others (at gunpoint, if need be) as any of the "liberals" they harp about.

That's the dilemma. We're (those of us who understand the concept of freedom) caught between the statism of the right (Beck, Limbaugh, The Chimp and Palin) and the statism of the left (Barry, Hillary, etc.).

aww shoot, Eric I was hoping you were going to back up your statement about glenn beck being an "authority-worshipping determined to impose their will on others (at gunpoint, if need be...)

Are you part of the JournoList media, that just makes up things to discredit them, with no facts to back up your claims?

Eric
07-22-2010, 02:07 PM
aww shoot, Eric I was hoping you were going to back up your statement about glenn beck being an "authority-worshipping determined to impose their will on others (at gunpoint, if need be...)

Are you part of the JournoList media, that just makes up things to discredit them, with no facts to back up your claims?

Well, for one, he reflexively supports the (so-called) "war on terror," which means he supports a militarized, authoritarian state as evidenced by the Patriot Act and Dept. of Homeland Security.

He also supports our policy of foreign (and other) aid to Israel, which is only possible by pointing guns at people and forcing them to hand over their money for that purpose.

He also speaks reverently of Lincoln, who suspended habeaus corpus, threw newspaper editors in jail for criticizing him, knowingly waged total war on civilians (a war crime by definition), imposed conscription and the first income tax and sent hundreds of thousands of men to their deaths to force the South to bow low before the authority of Washington.

How's that for "authority worshipping"?