PDA

View Full Version : Atta boy and a pat on the back

Valentine One Radar Detector

grouch
10-20-2010, 11:23 PM
I normally don't follow sports. Except for Rally Car racing, nothing really interests me. That said, recently there was a football game between two high schools here in my area of the state. Mt. Vernon and Jasper high schools palyed a football game with it being the season finale for Jasper. Their team manager was allowed to suit up so he would play at least one game in his senior year. Not really a talented athlete, he did diligently keep the equipment up and made sure everything was where it needed to be. Always cheerful, even though he does have Downs Syndrome, he was allowed to take the field on the last play of the last game.

He got the ball and ran 60 yards for a touchdown. A pat on the back to both teams for letting him have this memory. Another pat on the back to the officials who happened to turn a blind eye when he spiked the ball, which would normally negate the touchdown. He was basically allowed to run without interference with his team mates around him all the way.

I work in Mt. Vernon and some of the guys were upset with their team throwing the last play. To that, all I have to say is Pbbbbbbthththt!