PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one....?

Valentine One Radar Detector

Eric
11-20-2010, 07:39 AM
Who thinks the Bugatti Veyron is uglier than a red-assed baboon? That urinal-looking front end... the cockroach-like flanks.

I miss beautiful exotics like the old Muria (and even the Countach, which was a startling, insolent thing). The new ones are mostly garish and fucked-up looking. That includes the god-awful Ferrari Enzo, too!

dom
11-20-2010, 08:50 AM
Yeah, that car looks like shit.

When I hit the lottery I will not be purchasing one, that is for sure!

grouch
11-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Who thinks the Bugatti Veyron is uglier than a red-assed baboon? That urinal-looking front end... the cockroach-like flanks.

I miss beautiful exotics like the old Muria (and even the Countach, which was a startling, insolent thing). The new ones are mostly garish and fucked-up looking. That includes the god-awful Ferrari Enzo, too!

Now I know why the Edsel didn't sell. It had a similar grill but wasn't expensive enough.

Mustang_Boy
11-21-2010, 03:59 PM
It is. Plus I think the nonsense of having to use a special key to unlock the total performance of a car that costs that much is stupid imo. While it may be the fastest top speed wise, there are other cars that would kill this car on a racetrack because they have better balance, and they cost signifigantly less as well.... oh and most look better too.

If I ever found myself in a posistion to buy a car like that, I would buy a Ford GT, it might not be as fast as the Veyron, but it's still fast enough! My other choices would be a red Ferrari 458 Italia (just look at it!) or a Lamborghini Murcielago, especially in dark grey.... while not pretty, it just looks evil and sinister and that works for me, plus I love how it's V12 sounds too!

http://www.fastcoolcars.com/images/wallpaper3/1ford-gt40.jpg

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/EX-Ferrari_458_Italia_2010-lfq.jpg

http://www.car-blogger.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/lamborghini-murcielago-lp640-rear.jpg

Dave Brand
11-22-2010, 07:08 AM
Bugattis were elegant, graceful, subtle cars - even the Royale. The Veyron is none of these.

If I were in the position to buy a "supercar" I think it would be an Audi R8 - never thought I'd hear myself saying I'd prefer an Audi over a Ferrari!

swamprat
11-22-2010, 07:21 AM
Bugattis were elegant, graceful, subtle cars - even the Royale. The Veyron is none of these.

If I were in the position to buy a "supercar" I think it would be an Audi R8 - never thought I'd hear myself saying I'd prefer an Audi over a Ferrari!

But it can do 251 mph!

Eric
11-22-2010, 09:47 AM
The Ford GT is my kind of exotic!

It's the only that I'd buy if I had the means.

The new Ferraris are pretty but the GT just has the animal savagery of the original GT40, which was one of my favorite cars when I was a kid.

I also dig the Pantera; sure, it's unstable and handles like a truck - but that 351 howling two inches behind your head is the ticket!