PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard in Minneapolis

Valentine One Radar Detector

dBrong
12-11-2010, 07:15 PM
It's been snowing for 18 hrs - they predict it will be 6-8 more hrs.

Wind 30-35 mph, I have a 5' drift in my driveway, other parts are completely clear! So far Mpls has about 14" of snow.

Temps tonight will be -9 deg F.

I'm sitting tight. Got a 6hp Honda, 2 stage snowblower, with treads.

chiph
12-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Minneapolis - nice place to visit in the summer. Too much snow, otherwise.
:)

We had an office in Shoreview at a previous job, right by the TV antennas on County Rd. F. The antenna place was fenced off, not only to keep the curious out, but also to prevent them from being killed in the winter when ice fell off the guy wires.

Minnesota and Wisconsin are the only places I've seen 6' long red fiberglass rods attached to the fire hydrants -- it's so the fire department can find them in the winter.

Chip H.

dom
12-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Sounds like global cooling!

Negative nine degrees and windy, yikes.

grouch
12-12-2010, 12:10 AM
It's been snowing for 18 hrs - they predict it will be 6-8 more hrs.

Wind 30-35 mph, I have a 5' drift in my driveway, other parts are completely clear! So far Mpls has about 14" of snow.

Temps tonight will be -9 deg F.

I'm sitting tight. Got a 6hp Honda, 2 stage snowblower, with treads.

We're on the edge of that down here. Right now it's rain but will change over to snow tonight. We're only expecting about 1 or 2 inches of snow but it will freeze everything wet and make tons of black ice as well as winds expected up to 40 mph gusts. I'm about as far from Minnesota as it's possible to get and stay in Indiana.

I can't wait to try and leave tomorrow and all my car doors will be frozen shut. Yes, I oil my locks and they will be fine but the gaskets freeze after a long rain followed by fast dropping temepratures. That's when the door just won't open. It will unlatach, just not open.