PDA

View Full Version : Pay attention to details

Valentine One Radar Detector

grouch
01-10-2011, 12:05 AM
I was driving my Mark VII coupe today. The old girl fired right up in the 6 degree weather and the heater put out plenty of heat. I had a couple of times where it seemed to want to stall or bog down. I pulled into a gas station and figured I'd fill her up since it had been a while. When I replaced the pressure fuel pump, I had to drain the fuel tank and didn't fill it all the way up. I'd just put some in it from time to time. When I got done, I put 19.6 gallons in the tank. The 20 gallon tank. :eek:

Mithrandir
01-11-2011, 08:11 PM
I was driving my Mark VII coupe today. The old girl fired right up in the 6 degree weather and the heater put out plenty of heat. I had a couple of times where it seemed to want to stall or bog down. I pulled into a gas station and figured I'd fill her up since it had been a while. When I replaced the pressure fuel pump, I had to drain the fuel tank and didn't fill it all the way up. I'd just put some in it from time to time. When I got done, I put 19.6 gallons in the tank. The 20 gallon tank. :eek:

What does this mean? Does it mean that the fuel gauge was not accurately indicating the correct fuel level?

Do you mean you almost left yourself running on empty since you did not put enough fuel into car? :o

grouch
01-11-2011, 08:59 PM
What does this mean? Does it mean that the fuel gauge was not accurately indicating the correct fuel level?

Do you mean you almost left yourself running on empty since you did not put enough fuel into car? :o

It means my digital dash doesn't work and I can't see the fuel level. I've been driving it but kept forgetting to put fuel in. I've narrowed the dash problem down to either a bad ground or a failed circuit board on the dash cluster.