PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here~

Valentine One Radar Detector

eesquared
01-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Ok - I'm just doing as instructed and posting something.
I found your website after reading your recent article on Lew Rockwell about things you can't do in cars anymore. Nice piece!

I am the proud new owner of a 1986 El Camino, as of 5 days ago. So, I figured this was a place where I could get car tips from like-minded individuals.

I assume the Muscle Car Forum is where I should start?

dom
01-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Doh, had a database overwrite. We are fixed now.

Like I said, but lost the thread, I have a 1982 Cam.

eesquared
02-01-2011, 03:07 AM
I have owned 2 Cams in my life: a 67, and a 95. Loved 'em both!

Eric
02-01-2011, 05:58 AM
Ok - I'm just doing as instructed and posting something.
I found your website after reading your recent article on Lew Rockwell about things you can't do in cars anymore. Nice piece!

I am the proud new owner of a 1986 El Camino, as of 5 days ago. So, I figured this was a place where I could get car tips from like-minded individuals.

I assume the Muscle Car Forum is where I should start?

Sorry for all the hassles - these &%#@!! spammers are to blame. I'd like to have them all fed into a giant blender, turned into a slurry and fed to the homeless.

You can post anywhere you like - and, welcome!

dom
02-01-2011, 09:47 AM
I have owned 2 Cams in my life: a 67, and a 95. Loved 'em both!

You mean 1985, right?

eesquared
02-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Oops! I thought you were talking about your Camaro. I have had 2 Camaros. This is my first El Camino.

My bad~

Eric
02-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Oops! I thought you were talking about your Camaro. I have had 2 Camaros. This is my first El Camino.

My bad~

Hey Erin,

Good to see you back!

I'm just now wading through all the e-mails....

amf1932
03-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Hi all-
This is my first post on this website, so I just wanted to say hello.
Actually, I'm a moderator on the "Lexus Owners Club", but I figured that maybe I could help out with questions that you might have concerning Lexus automobiles, whether they be mechanical or whatever. :)

Eric
03-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Hi all-
This is my first post on this website, so I just wanted to say hello.
Actually, I'm a moderator on the "Lexus Owners Club", but I figured that maybe I could help out with questions that you might have concerning Lexus automobiles, whether they be mechanical or whatever. :)

Hey AMF,

Good to have you with us - welcome!

amf1932
03-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Hey AMF,

Good to have you with us - welcome!
Thank's Eric.......I'll do my best to be a good member. ;)

Eric
03-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Thank's Eric.......I'll do my best to be a good member. ;)

We think you'll like it here; we're small - but it's a good crew.

PS: My folks have an RX; they (were) traditional "buy American" Boomers. Now they'll never go back, they say.

jessebogan
04-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Howdy folks, I am new here, but a car nut from day one. Libertarian almost that long. Been reading the blog for a while (thanks Lew Rockwell) with some occasional commentary thrown in. Somehow I missed the forums... I own a bunch of oddball car. 87 Audi Quattro wagon as the daily (currently sidelined due to broken plastic part in shift linkage, NLS from Audi Looking for used) A93 XJ6, 67 Corvair project, and waiting in the wings, a 64 Chrysler Newport wagon (I have a 70 440 magnum for that..., and I was just given an 88 t bird turbo coupe. I have not done a thing with that yet. I run a small restoration shop in the DC metro area, mostly British cars. Anyway, back to work, fitting a 50 MG TD with a Judson blower, and I want it to run today.

eesquared
04-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Howdy folks, I am new here, but a car nut from day one. Libertarian almost that long. Been reading the blog for a while (thanks Lew Rockwell) with some occasional commentary thrown in. Somehow I missed the forums... I own a bunch of oddball car. 87 Audi Quattro wagon as the daily (currently sidelined due to broken plastic part in shift linkage, NLS from Audi Looking for used) A93 XJ6, 67 Corvair project, and waiting in the wings, a 64 Chrysler Newport wagon (I have a 70 440 magnum for that..., and I was just given an 88 t bird turbo coupe. I have not done a thing with that yet. I run a small restoration shop in the DC metro area, mostly British cars. Anyway, back to work, fitting a 50 MG TD with a Judson blower, and I want it to run today.
Welcome jessebogan! Please join in the discussions. :)

Kat
09-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Hi guys, I also found this site from an article posted at Lew Rockwell dot com. I'm a drive test examiner at the CA DMV. I love cars, and despise our "police state". I'm starting to feel at home already ;)

dom
09-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Hi Kat.

Sounds like you have a sweet job!

Welcome to the site.

crisss
09-28-2011, 11:14 AM
A drag racer, starting from rest, speeds up for 402 m with an acceleration of +17.0 m/s2. A parachute then opens, slowing the car down with an acceleration of -6.35 m/s2. How fast is the racer moving 2.95 102 m after the parachute opens?

eesquared
09-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Hello Kat - welcome to EP Autos. :)

swamprat
09-29-2011, 07:09 AM
Hi guys, I also found this site from an article posted at Lew Rockwell dot com. I'm a drive test examiner at the CA DMV. I love cars, and despise our "police state". I'm starting to feel at home already ;)

Welcome to the site. I bet you have some stories to share. Is it true that in CA you can go to traffic school to get out of a ticket?

Shazam
06-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Well, no email yet.... And no access to set the avatar.

However, the main reason I'm here is to find-out who the artist was for this image http://ericpetersautos.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/oink-3.jpg
you used in that article on May 21 (http://ericpetersautos.com/2012/05/21/cops-dont-make-me-feel-safe/)

The name of the file "Oink_3" wasn't too helpful ;)

Thanks.

dom
06-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Hey, welcome to the site. No clue on who is responsible for that image. I just resent you the email confirmation for registration.