02-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Just in the past 48 hours, here are the lead "News" stories on Yahoo:

Ben Roethlisberger meets with tough critic

Most disliked player in Super Bowl XLV

Prospect throws college football for a loop

NFL owner trying to get reporter fired

Prospect's mom forges son's signature

Company's Super Bowl threat to workers

The fact that so many Ahhhmerikuhns are obsessed with fuuuuuuhhhhhttball explains why the country is doomed.

dom
02-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Yes, it's super bowel weekend!

Go browns!

Mithrandir
02-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Yes, it's super bowel weekend!

Go browns!

I am rooting for Dallas. Larry Hagman is the best.:D

Just in the past 48 hours, here are the lead "News" stories on Yahoo:

Ben Roethlisberger meets with tough critic

Most disliked player in Super Bowl XLV

Prospect throws college football for a loop

NFL owner trying to get reporter fired

Prospect's mom forges son's signature

Company's Super Bowl threat to workers

The fact that so many Ahhhmerikuhns are obsessed with fuuuuuuhhhhhttball explains why the country is doomed.

I am amazed at the lengths that some people go to get and pay for tickets/trip to a "Soup or Bowl".

Meanwhile interesting things are occurring in the Middle East.

swamprat
02-05-2011, 04:04 AM
It's the stupor bowl.

Adam
02-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Look I know it's a brutal and overblown hype but if you get to the crux of matter. Greenbay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers should be one hell of a match. Two very gritty teams with desperado fans living in blue collar America. This is the real deal folks. I'm going to enjoy but that's just me.This is a very good Super Bowl.

Mithrandir
02-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Look I know it's a brutal and overblown hype but if you get to the crux of matter. Greenbay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers should be one hell of a match. Two very gritty teams with desperado fans living in blue collar America. This is the real deal folks. I'm going to enjoy but that's just me.This is a very good Super Bowl.

All kidding aside, I do enjoy watching football and I do agree that the GB/Pit super bowl should be a very good game. I will watch the game with some friends from school.

I just do not watch as much football as I did when I was in high school. I have more responsibilities now than I did in high school.

I am amazed at the people that do go to the games.

Back in 2000, I recvd a ticket to Fed Ex field in MD for a Giants-Redskins game in December. It was a cold 29F (-2C) and even though I dressed for the weather, it was still cold for me.

The tickets had a $150 face value. Eight games + 2 preseason games is $,1500 not including parking or other fees. That is plenty of money for a game. At that price, I could get a nice TV/entertainment center and a cable/sat service that can be used throughout the year.

Eric
02-05-2011, 11:53 AM

A bunch of overpaid entertainers - many of them thugs, or barely literate (or both).

Why people give a shit - invest emotional energy in the outcome of a game played by random strangers (no, they're not "your" team and "we" didn't win anything) is something (like religion) I will never understand.

swamprat
02-05-2011, 01:49 PM
A bunch of overpaid entertainers - many of them thugs, or barely literate (or both).

Why people give a shit - invest emotional energy in the outcome of a game played by random strangers (no, they're not "your" team and "we" didn't win anything) is something (like religion) I will never understand.

I wish that I could boycott this crap in a more forceful way than I am doing. I can't stand this ass scratching, jock sniffing commercialized crap.