PDA

View Full Version : Corner-cutting Clover

Valentine One Radar Detector

chiph
02-14-2011, 08:38 AM
I had to stop short this morning because some clover was cutting across the intersection. He didn't want to slow down and make a 90-degree turn, instead he decided that the apex of his turn was in my lane.

Chip H.

grouch
02-19-2011, 07:57 PM
I had to stop short this morning because some clover was cutting across the intersection. He didn't want to slow down and make a 90-degree turn, instead he decided that the apex of his turn was in my lane.

Chip H.

This afternoon, I had to stop short coming to a stop sign when a Jeep cut the corner and was on my side of the line about 20 feet before I got to the line demarking the stop point. This was back a bit from the street itself. As I'm pulling up thinking mild thoughts, a kid came in following the same line. Except I was there now. He swerved to the right and I heard a definite wheel/tire contact with the concrete curb. It may have damaged the wheel from the noise it made. All I can say to that is....tough.

Mithrandir
02-19-2011, 08:22 PM
It may have damaged the wheel from the noise it made. All I can say to that is....tough.

The curb usually is very tough. ;)

Fortunately you were not "clipped".