PDA

View Full Version : Got the Elky back from the shop today!!

Valentine One Radar Detector

eesquared
03-11-2011, 09:34 PM
OMG!!! What a difference the headers made. :)

We had the setup discussed earlier, changed out the thermostat, water pump, and clutch fan.

It's always something......

But, what a difference - I can hardly believe it is the same car. It rumbles just lovely! Not too loud, though. I think it is perfect.
<happy dance>

:)

Eric
03-12-2011, 05:59 AM
OMG!!! What a difference the headers made. :)

We had the setup discussed earlier, changed out the thermostat, water pump, and clutch fan.

It's always something......

But, what a difference - I can hardly believe it is the same car. It rumbles just lovely! Not too loud, though. I think it is perfect.
<happy dance>

:)

Excellent!

Bet it runs better, too...:D

eesquared
03-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Yep. It runs much better. I had the opportunity to scream down the tollway after I picked it up and I kept the windows down...just so I could listen to it.

Today, I am changing the oil, replacing the air filter with K&N, and replacing the temperature sending unit.

Even after all the stuff the shop did, it still had a tendency to make the idiot temperature light glow. And, whoever replaced that part before had it jerry-rigged. There is a clip to something on the old one that was broken off or disconnected and we cannot figure out what it was supposed to go to.

Gawd - the electrical section of the manual is umpteen pages long....

I am going to have to get those gauges and replace those stupid lights - soon.