PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry

Valentine One Radar Detector

swamprat
03-31-2011, 08:13 PM
They don't make films like this anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhtXYhTcYIs&NR=1

Eric
04-01-2011, 08:29 AM
They don't make films like this anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhtXYhTcYIs&NR=1

They don't - and that little blonde was super cute!

Ken
04-01-2011, 10:58 AM
They don't - and that little blonde was super cute!

That little blonde, Susan George, used to be my neighbor back in the day when I lived in Wraysbury. She was a lovely, genuine, warm and friendly girl. My young (as he was then), son Adrian was great pals with Susan and Jack Jones when they were an item. Her Mum and Dad lived directly opposite me and Susan lived a bit further down.

Ken.

Eric
04-01-2011, 12:25 PM
That little blonde, Susan George, used to be my neighbor back in the day when I lived in Wraysbury. She was a lovely, genuine, warm and friendly girl. My young (as he was then), son Adrian was great pals with Susan and Jack Jones when they were an item. Her Mum and Dad lived directly opposite me and Susan lived a bit further down.

Ken.

Wow, small world!

This movie has some great driving scenes (as well as cars). I was a kid when it came out so only saw it years later, but it's still among my favorite movies.

swamprat
04-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Wow, small world!

This movie has some great driving scenes (as well as cars). I was a kid when it came out so only saw it years later, but it's still among my favorite movies.

Same here. I loved those times. The film started rolling in the fall of 1973, just before the energy crunch. I watched it in the spring of 1979 when babysitting a bunch of brats. The ending was a bitch. I'm glad I have a copy on DVD. they don't make that one anymore.

The driving scenes were the best in any film I've seen. A close second place movie was Stingray, made in 1978.

What I loved about all those movies was that there were so few cars on the road. The country was largely open back then. Only during the middle of the Reagan administration did you notice that things weren't quite right.

I really miss those days.

grouch
04-02-2011, 10:20 PM
Same here. I loved those times. The film started rolling in the fall of 1973, just before the energy crunch. I watched it in the spring of 1979 when babysitting a bunch of brats. The ending was a bitch. I'm glad I have a copy on DVD. they don't make that one anymore.

The driving scenes were the best in any film I've seen. A close second place movie was Stingray, made in 1978.

What I loved about all those movies was that there were so few cars on the road. The country was largely open back then. Only during the middle of the Reagan administration did you notice that things weren't quite right.

I really miss those days.

I was talking to a 19 year old who worked at a pizza shop I frequent. We were talking about chase scenes in movies. Not only did he not watch many, he hadn't heard of most of the good ones. While he had seen the remake of "Gone in 60 Seconds", he had never seen the original. Nor had he seen Gumball Rally, Cannonball Run, Two Lane blacktop, Vanishing Point and he hadn't even seen the Blues Brothers.

I put part of The Bles Brothers on a flash drive and let him watch the Nazis chase the Blues Brothers through Chicago. He was taken with it. I think I got a gearhead going now.

Afterward, it dawned on me that movies are all dark now. Look at some of the old chase movies and the scenes are all well lit and reasonably cheerful. Open land, fast cars, pretty gals and a bright landscape. Now, all the movies are set at night and are dreary and dim. All the chase scenes seem to happen at night on streets that have just been washed.

swamprat
04-03-2011, 12:57 AM
I was talking to a 19 year old who worked at a pizza shop I frequent. We were talking about chase scenes in movies. Not only did he not watch many, he hadn't heard of most of the good ones. While he had seen the remake of "Gone in 60 Seconds", he had never seen the original. Nor had he seen Gumball Rally, Cannonball Run, Two Lane blacktop, Vanishing Point and he hadn't even seen the Blues Brothers.

I put part of The Bles Brothers on a flash drive and let him watch the Nazis chase the Blues Brothers through Chicago. He was taken with it. I think I got a gearhead going now.

Afterward, it dawned on me that movies are all dark now. Look at some of the old chase movies and the scenes are all well lit and reasonably cheerful. Open land, fast cars, pretty gals and a bright landscape. Now, all the movies are set at night and are dreary and dim. All the chase scenes seem to happen at night on streets that have just been washed.

Very good observation on today's chase movies. Yesterday's were a lot better. You could actually see the chase. The roads were open and there were pretty girls there as well. After all, it was before the days of
high fructose corn syrup.. That's good you got another gearhead going as well. It's tough in the day and age of the I-pod and youtube.