PDA

View Full Version : Clovers on the road.

Valentine One Radar Detector

swamprat
04-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Today, I am on day two of the Florida to Texas roadtrip. A couple of observations - the further west you drive on I-10 through Florida, drivers skill level deteriorates. I was almost killed when some cluck decided to fucking turn around on an interstate highway west of Pensacola, FL. If it weren't nightime, I would have got his license and reported him to the police. What's worse, there were two other clucks right behind him. Of course, if I had an accident, it would have been my fault because I was speeeeeeeeeeding, defined as driving over the 70 mph speed limit.

As I drove further west through Alabama, you had two contrasting drivers. Some liked to drive 5 under the limit. Some were driving 30 over, like me.

I can't wait till this shit is over.

The driving in this country is reflective of a deterioration in US culture.

I am sickened by the whole thing.

Can't stand being in the buckle of the Obesity belt.

eesquared
04-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Well, you should be here in Texas by now. Stop and have a beer and some B-B-Q...you'll feel better soon from that stressful road trip. :)

swamprat
04-12-2011, 12:57 AM
Well, you should be here in Texas by now. Stop and have a beer and some B-B-Q...you'll feel better soon from that stressful road trip. :)

Went to Carl's BBQ in Cypress. Was okay. Had the loaded potato. Held me over until now.

Actually, Texas drivers are better than those in LA and MS. Even though the road was crowded as hell, Houstonians handle it well. Faster traffic was largely in the leftmost lane, while the slowpokes largely stay in the right. That, of course was not true in 1980's Dallas and Fort Worth. Some things have gotten better.