PDA

View Full Version : South Beach Classics

Valentine One Radar Detector

grouch
04-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Discovery has a show called South Beach Classics. Like a lot of their other shows, it's got a lot of made up drama. The owner of the lot would get run off my property really quick if he talked like that around me. His mechanic seems to be reasonably competent but that shop has to be a foul place to work. The wife gets trotted out to flirt with customers and at a glance she's not bad looking. A close look and she seems awfully high priced. Her face is so tight it has no character and other parts look like the price tag just got removed.

At least there are some cool cars on it. Better than other stuff they've put out, maybe it will improve.

eesquared
04-13-2011, 12:19 AM
I have not heard of that show....but then, I detest reality TV shows. The faux drama is just so....icky.

But, hey - maybe the wife will spill the name of her plastic surgeon. I'm always on board for lookin' good. :)

I'm not gonna watch it, so keep me posted in case it improves.

dBrong
04-13-2011, 09:01 PM
Discovery has a show called South Beach Classics. Like a lot of their other shows, it's got a lot of made up drama...

Several years ago I used to watch 'Repo Man', it was believable. They said it was actual footage.

However over the years the thing has gone way over the top - nothing more than a reenactment.

Check out the opening or closing credits- you may find that's it's all made up!

J. ZIMM
04-15-2011, 06:48 AM
:) From having only seen cars that have transfered from the East coast to the West, I can only say that most cars from there are nothing but Bondo'd over rust buckets. I did visit D.C. back in the early 90's, and was surprised to hear the driver say that he only had to replace the compete rear clip on his Chevy during the restoration of it. Here on the West Coast, we would have called that a "PARTS CAR". Myself living in the West, we do look at rust as a main factor as to whether we will use it as a parts car, or restore it. A lot of it depends on the car itself. I would never knowingly buy a car from the East Coast because of the rust factor. That is why most cars from the West bring a much higher price, than those from the East. God, ever look at some of those on E-Bay, from the 50's or 60's???? The only thing holding them together is the RUST...:D

grouch
04-15-2011, 07:22 AM
:) From having only seen cars that have transfered from the East coast to the West, I can only say that most cars from there are nothing but Bondo'd over rust buckets. I did visit D.C. back in the early 90's, and was surprised to hear the driver say that he only had to replace the compete rear clip on his Chevy during the restoration of it. Here on the West Coast, we would have called that a "PARTS CAR". Myself living in the West, we do look at rust as a main factor as to whether we will use it as a parts car, or restore it. A lot of it depends on the car itself. I would never knowingly buy a car from the East Coast because of the rust factor. That is why most cars from the West bring a much higher price, than those from the East. God, ever look at some of those on E-Bay, from the 50's or 60's???? The only thing holding them together is the RUST...:D

The West coast isn't perfect. When I look for a rust free car body, I like to head down to northern Alabama and over towards Arizona. No salt and the temperature stays above the active rust zone of 32-40 degrees. California is one place that I don't really trust. Look at the L.A. fire departments Jeeps that they use on the beach. I saw one at auction that was only three model years old. It was about to break in half and was sold as "parts only, unsafe for road use".