PDA

View Full Version : Mazdaspeed 6

Valentine One Radar Detector

chiph
09-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Eric -
Have you driven one of these yet? A coworker just bought one, and it's not a bad ride.

274hp from a turbocharged 2.3 liter 4-cylinder, with AWD.

The steering effort firms up under boost from torque steer, but it's doesn't head for the ditch like turbo cars I've had in the past. I won't say there's no "oomph" below 3500 rpm, but when the boost comes up, you definitely know it.

Chip H.

Eric
09-26-2006, 07:37 AM
Eric -
Have you driven one of these yet? A coworker just bought one, and it's not a bad ride.

274hp from a turbocharged 2.3 liter 4-cylinder, with AWD.

The steering effort firms up under boost from torque steer, but it's doesn't head for the ditch like turbo cars I've had in the past. I won't say there's no "oomph" below 3500 rpm, but when the boost comes up, you definitely know it.

Chip H.

Yes (see the review!). I'm a big fan of Mazda's current lineup; they've replaced Subarus in my heart as my most favorite brand of Japanese car...

chiph
09-26-2006, 09:18 AM
It had good back-seat room - lots of room for a lunch trip, and even enough room for a 4-5 hour trip.

My only criticism is that the exhaust sound is somewhat tinny. Not like the hollow sound that the mid 90's GM cars (Beretta, etc) made, but it just sounds like the pipe/muffler metal is too thin.

I did a search before posting on "mazdaspeed" and it didn't come up. ??

Chip H.

Eric
09-26-2006, 09:40 AM
It had good back-seat room - lots of room for a lunch trip, and even enough room for a 4-5 hour trip.

My only criticism is that the exhaust sound is somewhat tinny. Not like the hollow sound that the mid 90's GM cars (Beretta, etc) made, but it just sounds like the pipe/muffler metal is too thin.

I did a search before posting on "mazdaspeed" and it didn't come up. ??

Chip H.

I looked, too - seems to have dropped off (I am pretty sure I posted it about a month back). In any case, I just re-posted; should be visible now!

chiph
09-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Got it. Thanks.
I passed the link to my friend.

Chip H.

jillsuncle
10-01-2006, 02:27 AM
What is the entry fee for a Mazda Speed 6? 28K or more?

Vman - Delaware >:(