PDA

View Full Version : Changing season

Valentine One Radar Detector

D_E_Davis
10-29-2006, 01:47 PM
It's easy to overlook the subtle signs of a changing season, here in southern Arizona, but this morning I became sharply aware that "snowbird season" had arrived: A 56 Mecerdes "gullwing" coupe driving into my grocery's parking lot!

Eric
10-29-2006, 01:55 PM
It's easy to overlook the subtle signs of a changing season, here in southern Arizona, but this morning I became sharply aware that "snowbird season" had arrived: A 56 Mecerdes "gullwing" coupe driving into my grocery's parking lot!

Thus far, I have raked up no less than 44 "lawn tarp loads " of these freakin' blankety-blank leaves!

gail
10-29-2006, 02:00 PM

Thus far, I have raked up no less than 44 "lawn tarp loads " of these freakin' blankety-blank leaves!

No leaves here in Las Vegas, but we are considered only second to Florida for Snowbirds. I visited the outdoor hot tub this morning. Aaaaaah! Wonderful. No leaves to rake, no impending snow to shovel. The sun is shining brightly here, but we flipped on our fireplace anyhow, just to get into the season. 8)

D_E_Davis
10-29-2006, 10:02 PM

Eat your heart out - most cacti don't have leaves.

Eric
10-30-2006, 06:14 AM

Eat your heart out - most cacti don't have leaves.

Yep!

My parents live in AZ, so I am "hip" to the desert scene; but as much as I hate raking leaves, I do like the greenery (in season) and the reasonably temperate climate overall (n 110 days here!)

D_E_Davis
10-30-2006, 09:21 AM
My parents live in AZ, so I am "hip" to the desert scene...
I will take you at your word, although I'm a trifle dubious of Scottsdale residents. Some there are so disconnected from reality that they have put in a "lawn".

But it surely is fall - driving next to a Ferrari GTB yesterday.

Eric
10-30-2006, 09:25 AM
That's the lay of the land!

My folks retired there in '99; I visit once or twice a year and have been to other parts of AZ many times. A pretty state (although Phoenix is really getting crowded) overall. But I am a hillbilly by nature and feel most at home inthe woods, on a mountain...!

DonTom
10-30-2006, 09:48 AM
"A pretty state (although Phoenix is really getting crowded)"

Tom & I went through Phoenix a few years ago, and were shocked how big and crowded that place is for a city that has nothing. In a hotel we stayed in, we looked at all those pamphlets and they all mentioned things to do in Tuscon and other places, nothing to do in Phoenix, yet the place is very crowded. Phoenix is a big dump, in our opinions. But we enjoyed our stay in Tuscon and Tombstone, etc.

-Don-

D_E_Davis
10-30-2006, 12:24 PM
But we enjoyed our stay in Tuscon and Tombstone, etc.

Great! Please come back, bring plenty of money, but learn how to spell "Tucson" first(g).

DonTom
10-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Learn how to spell "Tucson" first(g).

I must have been half asleep when I wrote that. And I did it twice--"Tuscon" doesn't even look right! But the spell checker here likes "Tuscon" as well as "Tucson".

-Don-