PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Buyer's Guide - Bentley

Valentine One Radar Detector

Eric
11-17-2006, 12:28 PM
2007 Bentley

2007 Bentley Arnage

Bentley's sedan is updated for 2007 with a even more powerful version of the 6.75 liter, twin-turbo V-8 engine that now produces as much as 500 horsepower in the T model. A new ZF six-peed automatic transmission with manual shift mode drives the rear wheels of this full-size, ultra-luxury sedan. Arnage R and Arnage RL extended wheelbase versions get a 450 horsepower version of this engine, a 50 horsepower uptick over the previous version. Other updates for 2007 include a standard tire pressure monitoring system, updated ESP stability control system and exterior and interior styling/trim changes, such as new bottle cooler for the rear center armrest on RL versions, dark finish radiator on T models and increased adjustability for the steering column.

2007 Bentley Continental Flying Spur

All-new for 2006, the Continental Flying Spur sedan is Bentley's "next generation" model and offers the latest in design and technology -- in addition to the old-world prestige and opulence for which Bentleys are famous. It rides on the same platform as the Continental GT, but is approximately 20 inches longer overall than its coupe cousin. It is powered by a VW-sourced twin-turbo W12 engine that develops 552 horsepower, which works all four wheels through a six-speed automatic transmission. It can reach 60 mph in about 5.4 seconds and has a top speed approaching 200 mph. Standard amenities include four-zone climate control, auto-adjusting suspension, 19 inch wheels and 16-way power driver's seat. As with other cars in this class, each individual car can be extensively customized with factory-available and dealer-installed optional equipment.

2007 Bentley Continental GT

The GT is a large, four-seat coupe that shares its platform and major drivetrain components with the Flying Spur sedan -- including the 12-cylinder "W" engine with twin-turbos generating 552 horsepower. However, because the GT is a bit lighter, its performance is even more impressive, with 0-60 capability of 4.7 seconds. Like the sedan, all-wheel-drive is standard, as is a six-speed automatic transmission. It has a large 13 cubic foot trunk. Bentley's storied Mulliner Package is available; it adds 20-inch, two-piece wheels and unique interior trim. As both the Flying Spur sedan and the GT coupe were all-new models last year, changes for 2007 are minimal.

END

mrblanche
12-04-2006, 07:53 AM
Not sure I'd want to buy a car from a company that was run by people who weren't smart enough to ensure they had control of the name of the company as well as its facilities. (The buyers failed to be sure they could use the Rolls Royce name.)

Eric
12-04-2006, 07:58 AM
Not sure I'd want to buy a car from a company that was run by people who weren't smart enough to ensure they had control of the name of the company as well as its facilities. (The buyers failed to be sure they could use the Rolls Royce name.)

I question the judgment of anyone who buys one of these things! (Now, an antique car ofg similar cost is another matter....)

Dave Brand
12-04-2006, 11:17 AM
I question the judgment of anyone who buys one of these things! (Now, an antique car ofg similar cost is another matter....)

Two reasons I can think of for buying a Continental:

Looks - those things are beautiful!

The sound of that W12.

Sadly, in the UK they have become 'footballer's cars'.

Eric
12-04-2006, 12:34 PM
Sadly, in the UK they have become 'footballer's cars'.

Here also - only our "footballers" don't play soccer!

chiph
12-04-2006, 04:01 PM
There's one parked near the office -- owned by an investment banker, who also has a Aston Martin.

(Why buy two BritCars? Only someone who never owned one would have to ask.)

Chip H.

mrblanche
12-04-2006, 04:32 PM
I almost married a girl in college for her Lincoln, a 1968, the last year with the backward rear doors, I believe.

Fortunately, that all fell through!

robmcg
12-06-2006, 04:51 PM
There's one parked near the office -- owned by an investment banker, who also has a Aston Martin.

Chip H.

Surely you are not going to count that BMW Mini as a Britcar?

Kwozzie1
01-25-2007, 10:20 PM
I would prefer to drive a Bentley over Rolls Royce ....

Wouldn't feel so guilty flooring it and spinning the wheels... the racing heritage!

Eric
01-26-2007, 07:13 AM

Wouldn't feel so guilty flooring it and spinning the wheels... the racing heritage!

One of the best burnouts I ever did was in an Arnage R.... just incredible. It literally dug ruts in the asphalt.... and the mushroom cloud it created had to be seen to be believed!

Kwozzie1
01-26-2007, 11:08 PM

One of the best burnouts I ever did was in an Arnage R.... just incredible. It literally dug ruts in the asphalt.... and the mushroom cloud it created had to be seen to be believed!

Great stuff! A press car I hope!
Another hoon at heart!! :) :)

Eric
01-27-2007, 08:34 AM

Of course!

Another thing - it made a hissing/whistling sound the whole time; I suppose because the engine was both turbocharged and very quietly muffled (it was, after all, a Bentley!)

I visited the old neighborhood last summer; the burnout is still there... five years later!

chiph
01-27-2007, 10:26 AM

Chip H.

Surely you are not going to count that BMW Mini as a Britcar?

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

The new models are Anglo-French-German, with the addition of a French-built turbocharged engine.

Chip H.

chiph
01-27-2007, 10:29 AM

Was this you?

Eric
01-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Similar!

But mine was thicker; you could not even see the car.... I wish I had taken some pics!

Kwozzie1
01-27-2007, 06:59 PM

Of course!

Another thing - it made a hissing/whistling sound the whole time; I suppose because the engine was both turbocharged and very quietly muffled (it was, after all, a Bentley!)

I visited the old neighborhood last summer; the burnout is still there... five years later!

Any pics by chance? Would be great to see them