PDA

View Full Version : Lousenberg

Valentine One Radar Detector

swamprat
11-17-2006, 05:18 PM
Yeah, it looks like the Demonrats are going to put their best and brightest on the transportaition committes. We can only look forward to Sen. Frank Lautenberg to head up a Safety Subcommittee on the Senate committee on environment and public works. The Demonrats like to repeat their mistakes and history, I suppose. Thats a hell of a way to gather public support. I hope they get their majority smashed. This guy is a mortal danger to mtorists rights as they are today.He was a vociferous opponent of Natinal Maximum Speed Limit repea. The best hope for this country is that that this guy croaks.TThank you sheeple for doing this to motorists.

Here we go again...

Lautenberg to head transportation panel

Friday, November 17, 2006
Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) will be chairman of a
transportation subcom mittee when the new Congress convenes in
January, his office said yesterday.

Lautenberg will head the Transportation Safety, Infrastructure
Security and Water Quality Subcommittee. Among the issues
Lautenberg said his panel will deal with are drunken driving,
motorcycle safety, chemical plant security and oil spills.

"This chairmanship will allow me to provide greater safety and
security for New Jersey's transportation systems," Lautenberg
said. "This panel will also lead the way in protecting the quality
of water on our shore and in our rivers, lakes and wetlands."

Besides his seat on the Commerce, Science and Transportation
Committee, Lautenberg will also serve on the Appropriations
Committee and the Environmental and Public Works Committee.

Eric
11-17-2006, 07:32 PM
As bad as that may be, it's still better than a run-amok Chimp. So I am happy. We live in crazy times....

swamprat
11-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Eric:

I can't stand the Chmp either, probably for many of the same reasons you loathe him, but the Deomocratic takeover of the House and Senate presents motorists with a real danger.

People like Lautenberg have been a pain in the backside of motorists for 35 years. I see a big danger in him trying to introduce legislation that will be bad for motorists and mobility. The fact that he's from New Jersay means that the highway dollars will be transferred back up there and we will be filling in potholes with sawdust again down here in FL.

If I could find my passport and could speak a couple of languages, I'd be outta here.

Eric
11-18-2006, 06:52 AM
Eric:

I can't stand the Chmp either, probably for many of the same reasons you loathe him, but the Deomocratic takeover of the House and Senate presents motorists with a real danger.

Hey Swamp,

Yeah, that's a possibility. I agree.

That said, I still would prefer (if this is the choice) some hassles as far as driving/motorists' issues are concerned if it means boxing The Chimp in - and keeping the maniac from launching an attack on Iran or further undermining the Constitution withhis authoritarian, police-state tactics.

The Chimp is so bad - and so dangerous - almost anything is preferable....

gail
11-27-2006, 01:41 PM
I certainly don't like Lautenberg. He is a rude and arrogant man. I shudder at him being on the transportationcommittee. But maybe, he will end up like Mineta (who also gave me much grief in my lobbying days) and Lautenberg will become so pre-occupied that he won't have time to cause harm on the infarstructure.

I am still for living in the USA, but I have my Passport ready. ::)

Eric:

People like Lautenberg have been a pain in the backside of motorists for 35 years. I see a big danger in him trying to introduce legislation that will be bad for motorists and mobility. The fact that he's from New Jersay means that the highway dollars will be transferred back up there and we will be filling in potholes with sawdust again down here in FL.

If I could find my passport and could speak a couple of languages, I'd be outta here.