PDA

View Full Version : Madonna leading us to hell!

Valentine One Radar Detector

Eric
12-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Check it out:

http://timmuh.blogspot.com/2006/11/madonna-is-taking-us-all-to-hell.html

Jim Rose
12-02-2006, 01:14 AM
>>Check it out: <<

I just did and now I know exactly why I like her so much! She does all the fun stuff! :-)

Eric
12-02-2006, 07:02 AM
>>Check it out: <<

I just did and now I know exactly why I like her so much! She does all the fun stuff! :-)

I get a kick out the hyperventilating over-reaction she incites - esp. among the Jay-suz people!

Jim Rose
12-02-2006, 08:06 AM
>>I get a kick out the hyperventilating over-reaction she incites - esp. among the Jay-suz people!<<

They do seem to panic when she does her thing--- and she seems to know all the things that et them in motion and give her a lot of free advertizing!

Eric
12-02-2006, 08:12 AM
It's something to ponder that we live at a time when Mach 4 aircraft and nanotechnology can exist at the same time that large numbers of people believe with ironclad certainty that the Earth is less than 10,000 years old and that a devil is acting out his machinations through a pop star's musci videos!

Jim Rose
12-02-2006, 08:21 AM
>>It's something to ponder that we live at a time when Mach 4 aircraft and nanotechnology can exist at the same time that large numbers of people believe with ironclad certainty that the Earth is less than 10,000 years old and that a devil is acting out his machinations through a pop star's musci videos!<<

That Devil is just keeping the furnace going so we'll have a nice warm place in which to retire and enjoy all the vices and sins that they really want to do but don't do in public!

Eric
12-02-2006, 08:27 AM
>>It's something to ponder that we live at a time when Mach 4 aircraft and nanotechnology can exist at the same time that large numbers of people believe with ironclad certainty that the Earth is less than 10,000 years old and that a devil is acting out his machinations through a pop star's musci videos!<<

That Devil is just keeping the furnace going so we'll have a nice warm place in which to retire and enjoy all the vices and sins that they really want to do but don't do in public!

I certainly hope so!

What was it Oscar Wilde said about Hell?

Jim Rose
12-02-2006, 08:35 AM
>>What was it Oscar Wilde said about Hell? <<

"We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell."
-- ?The Duchess of Padua?

mrblanche
12-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Madonna has done awfully well for a girl who essentially had one good song/video, and that was an imitation of Marilyn Monroe!

Jim Rose
12-02-2006, 10:20 AM
>>Madonna has done awfully well for a girl who essentially had one good song/video, and that was an imitation of Marilyn Monroe<<

She's come a long way since then--- She puts on a great show-- did you watch her latest?

ColleenC1
12-02-2006, 10:41 AM
She is either a great Public Relations expert or She has a great Public Relations Manager. Everone knows that as long as people are talking about you, whether good or bad it means you are still a money maker. She's tapped into the religous and secular sides of peoples beliefs. Makes her extremely marketable and financially prosperous

Eric
12-02-2006, 10:49 AM
Madonna has done awfully well for a girl who essentially had one good song/video, and that was an imitation of Marilyn Monroe!

Her fans would disagree.

I have to give it to her; she has managed to remain popular in a profession where five years is considered a "long" career - and despite now being well into middle age.

I consider her the female Elvis; like him she has had a huge impact on the culture and demonstrated a "staying power" few pop artists can hope to match....

Eric
12-02-2006, 10:50 AM
She is either a great Public Relations expert or She has a great Public Relations Manager. Everone knows that as long as people are talking about you, whether good or bad it means you are still a money maker. She's tapped into the religous and secular sides of peoples beliefs. Makes her extremely marketable and financially prosperous

Agreed!

mrblanche
12-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Her fans would disagree.

I have to give it to her; she has managed to remain popular in a profession where five years is considered a "long" career - and despite now being well into middle age.

I consider her the female Elvis; like him she has had a huge impact on the culture and demonstrated a "staying power" few pop artists can hope to match....

Her religious extemes make anything you've heard look tame, though. And yet she's loved by so many!

Of course, so is the pope. But there are those who would argue Catholicism is not a religion, but rather a club.

Eric
12-03-2006, 03:17 PM
"Her religious extemes make anything you've heard look tame, though. And yet she's loved by so many!"

I bet a lot of that is just "showmanship" (again, like Elvis!). She understands how to be provocative - and how that helps make her popular among the rebellious young, etc.

Her music's not my thing, personally - but I do respect the way she's evolved and maintained her popularity at such a high state over such a long period of time. I was a young kid when she first hit it big - and here I am, 20 years later, and she is as popular as ever....

mrblanche
12-03-2006, 06:23 PM
I don't know...I'd guess she's as serious as Tom Cruise. Of course, we know how serious Michael Jackson was about his JW religion...

gail
12-03-2006, 07:29 PM
I don't know...I'd guess she's as serious as Tom Cruise. Of course, we know how serious Michael Jackson was about his JW religion...

Michael Jackson publickly denounce his religion years ago. about 1984-5.

mrblanche
12-03-2006, 08:19 PM
Michael Jackson publickly denounce his religion years ago. about 1984-5.

And I expect Madonna and Cruise to renounce theirs, someday, too.

Eric
12-04-2006, 06:40 AM

It appears Tom Cruise is "off the deep end" serious about his!

mrblanche
12-04-2006, 08:19 AM
It appears Tom Cruise is "off the deep end" serious about his!

So is Madonna, to the extent of tying her "humanitarian" donations to the opening of Kabalah training centers.

Eric
12-04-2006, 08:27 AM
I'd forgotten about the Kabalah thing...

I was thinking about the '80s Madonna and her "liberated" Catholicism!

gail
12-04-2006, 03:15 PM
I'd forgotten about the Kabalah thing...

I was thinking about the '80s Madonna and her "liberated" Catholicism!

You mean the cruifix thing ???