PDA

View Full Version : Ducati 1098

Valentine One Radar Detector

rc74racer
12-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Has anyone seen this one yet? Finally ducati is making a bike most people can afford. The MSRP is 14,995 and for that you get one great looking bike with 160hp, 90lbs of torque, 381lbs and a bike that handles like it's on a rail. I know 15k for a bike is expensive but when you consider the ugly 999 was 18k for 20 less hp and 25 more lbs it's a bargain.

Eric
12-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Has anyone seen this one yet? Finally ducati is making a bike most people can afford. The MSRP is 14,995 and for that you get one great looking bike with 160hp, 90lbs of torque, 381lbs and a bike that handles like it's on a rail. I know 15k for a bike is expensive but when you consider the ugly 999 was 18k for 20 less hp and 25 more lbs it's a bargain.

I saw a pic - definitely eye candy... but as with anything Italian (or British) that isn't just for looks, I question the wisdom of actually buying one!

Dave Brand
12-21-2006, 11:31 AM
I saw a pic - definitely eye candy... but as with anything Italian (or British) that isn't just for looks, I question the wisdom of actually buying one!

They have done the trick that only the Italians can do - designed a bike that harks back to the 916 without being in ay way 'retro'.

As for quality, BMW bikes now fall way behind Triumph......and the only bits that have failed on my Alfa are German! (Bosch crap!)

rc74racer
12-21-2006, 05:55 PM
I love twins and have to admit that Ducs have always caught my eye. The 1098 looks fantastic but I'm definitely weary of the maintenance/cost issue. I couldn't justify having two sport bikes and my RC51 is bullet proof not sure it would make sense to get rid of it so I could have the latest Duc but I can't help but drool over it.

Eric
12-21-2006, 06:31 PM
I love twins and have to admit that Ducs have always caught my eye. The 1098 looks fantastic but I'm definitely weary of the maintenance/cost issue. I couldn't justify having two sport bikes and my RC51 is bullet proof not sure it would make sense to get rid of it so I could have the latest Duc but I can't help but drool over it.

I hear that... and I sometimes wish I weren't such a tall goof - so I could ride an RC51, too!

Ergos... gotta have 'em.