PDA

View Full Version : ..still waiting on my ZRX

Valentine One Radar Detector

Eric
06-13-2007, 07:55 AM
No word yet on my ZRX.. or rather on the radiator it needs to be operational again.

I sat on the ZX10R in the showroom.. began to think about it some. This bike can tickle 190, all out - and definitely out-handles my ZRX. Just $11k, too.

If it just weren't so damn plasticky and anonymous-looking...

Jim Rose
06-13-2007, 08:05 AM
>> If it just weren't so damn plasticky and anonymous-looking... <<

At speeds above 150, no one will ever notice the plastic! ;D

Eric
06-13-2007, 08:10 AM
>> If it just weren't so damn plasticky and anonymous-looking... <<

At speeds above 150, no one will ever notice the plastic! ;D

True!

And that's part of the reason it can go 190... aerodynamic drag on a naked bike is enormous over 100 mph...

Jim Rose
06-14-2007, 10:01 AM
>>And that's part of the reason it can go 190... aerodynamic drag on a naked bike is enormous over 100 mph...<<

And it looks like all the other bikes of that ilk-- The cops will never recognize you as you flash by----

Eric
06-14-2007, 10:08 AM
>>And that's part of the reason it can go 190... aerodynamic drag on a naked bike is enormous over 100 mph...<<

And it looks like all the other bikes of that ilk-- The cops will never recognize you as you flash by----

That's what my neighbor (VA State Trooper) says!

Jim Rose
06-14-2007, 10:11 AM
>>That's what my neighbor (VA State Trooper) says!<<

Go for it!

Eric
06-14-2007, 10:16 AM
>>That's what my neighbor (VA State Trooper) says!<<

Go for it!

He rides, too... and we have swapped some stories... it's good to know the local law... provided he's an ok guy, anyhow!

Jim Rose
06-14-2007, 02:28 PM
>>He rides, too... and we have swapped some stories... it's good to know the local law... provided he's an ok guy, anyhow!<<

Most of the cops are just regular people making a living just like yourself.

DonTom
06-14-2007, 02:31 PM
"If it just weren't so damn plasticky and anonymous-looking..."

Do you buy a bike to ride or to look at?

-Don-

Eric
06-14-2007, 02:36 PM
"If it just weren't so damn plasticky and anonymous-looking..."

Do you buy a bike to ride or to look at?

-Don-

Both...

I bet many riders are with me on that. Art is just as relevant as raw capability - unless you're on the racetrack.

DonTom
06-14-2007, 02:48 PM
. "Art is just as relevant as raw capability"

Then have a picture of the bike you like to look at, but buy the bike you wanna ride. ;D

BTW, I don't consider looks too much when I buy anything.

-Don-

Kwozzie1
06-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Both...

I bet many riders are with me on that. Art is just as relevant as raw capability - unless you're on the racetrack.

I think that is why my naked BMW appeals to me. I thought it a bit ugly when I fors set eyes on it but then it has grown on me .... typical of a piece of art.

DonTom
06-18-2007, 07:43 PM
"I think that is why my naked BMW appeals to me."

Just a few minutes ago, I saw a 1940's BMW that looks like new, parked in a parking lot. Had the gear shift mounted on the right side of the gasoline tank and had a sidecar. Looked like a WW2 model.

And I was thinking my 1971 R-75/5 was old.

-Don-

Eric
06-18-2007, 08:32 PM
Both...

I think that is why my naked BMW appeals to me. I thought it a bit ugly when I fors set eyes on it but then it has grown on me .... typical of a piece of art.

Beemers are distinctive, that's for sure!

I looked at the new naked superbike; like the cars, it was a bit too "teched" for my taste (waiting for abuse from Don)....