PDA

View Full Version : Not so successful car repair techniques

Valentine One Radar Detector

chiph
11-13-2007, 09:59 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7091904.stm

Frustrated by the one remaining nut which refused to budge, he resorted to fire power in an effort to shift it.

"He's[sic] bound and determined to get that lug nut off," said Deputy Scott Wilson, a spokesman from the sheriff's office.

Chip H.

misterdecibel
11-13-2007, 01:36 PM
I think WD40 would be more effective.

damen
11-13-2007, 02:25 PM
sounds to me like he just needed to use a bigger gun

MikeHalloran
11-13-2007, 07:22 PM
He was using the wrong ammunition; buckshot is not appropriate.

A shotgun slug would have done a much better job.

D_E_Davis
11-13-2007, 11:50 PM

Not to mention C-4 and a little det cord.

Eric
11-14-2007, 06:23 AM
I think WD40 would be more effective.

Liquid Wrench....

Eric
11-14-2007, 06:24 AM

Not to mention C-4 and a little det cord.

Hollow point .45 ACP rounds work rather effectively on Briggs & Stratton lawnmowers, I can attest....

robmcg
11-14-2007, 08:26 PM
If it's a GM LS1 push it over a cliff.

Maybe I should sell it for cash when it has a warm engine, and arm myself against the buyer quite reasonably coming back to kill me...

It's a three day public holiday after this afternoon at least four days before I can even get a mechanic to hear it cold-starting,

maybe I could just put my head in gas oven...
I still wouldn't be seen dead in a RAV4 though

Eric
11-15-2007, 06:22 AM
"If it's a GM LS1 push it over a cliff."

As excellent as the raw numbers/performance of these engines may be, I have never warmed up to them. They're too homogenized and sterile and commonplace.

When I key the ancient Pontiac 455 to life, it's another story... one can almost see those long rods going up and down in those huge bores.... and then there's the sound of a lopey flat tappet cam, the clickety clack of the lifters pumping up; the hiss of the air being drawn into the big four barrel....

damen
11-15-2007, 06:30 AM
lol I'll have to stay out of this one then - I personally think the LS1 is one of the best engines GM has ever made.

Eric
11-15-2007, 06:33 AM
lol I'll have to stay out of this one then - I personally think the LS1 is one of the best engines GM has ever made.

In terms of its capability/performance - absolutely. It's not even debatable.

But I find these engines to be devoid of personality; sterile.

A new Corvette Z06 can walk away from my Trans-Am... but even if GM gave me one, I'd sell it the next day. And I'd never sell my TA.... .