PDA

View Full Version : Honda Hawk

Valentine One Radar Detector

Eric
01-23-2008, 09:15 AM
A buddy of mine who sometimes haunts these boards is negotiating a deal on a '91 Honda Hawk with appx. 21k on the clock. Trouble is, the bike's in upstate NY - and so 8-10 hours' driving time away (one way). He wants $2,500 for the bike, but adding transpo costs it'll end up being closer to $3,000 when all is said and done...

I think it's on the edge of not being worth it; what say ye?

Ken
01-23-2008, 02:32 PM
A buddy of mine who sometimes haunts these boards is negotiating a deal on a '91 Honda Hawk with appx. 21k on the clock. Trouble is, the bike's in upstate NY - and so 8-10 hours' driving time away (one way). He wants $2,500 for the bike, but adding transpo costs it'll end up being closer to $3,000 when all is said and done...

I think it's on the edge of not being worth it; what say ye?

If the current owner really wants to sell why not suggest they meet half way? One car each, with friend/partner/spouse driving there in the case of the seller and back in the case of the buyer - would make a nice day out.

Ken.

Ken.

chiph
01-23-2008, 06:15 PM
How much to rent a motorcycle trailer for a day and hook it up to the SUV?

Chip H.

Ken
01-24-2008, 07:34 AM

Chip H.

Or just take the big 'Bago and park the bike in the garage at the back?

Ken.

Eric
01-24-2008, 07:47 AM

Chip H.

Ken.

Update:

My friend offered $2,300 as his "high bid." If the seller accepts, my friend and I plan to drive up there together, then take turns riding the Hawk back, using the car as "chase vehicle."

In summer this would be a fun jaunt - but it's mid-winter and pig-biting cold in the Northeast US right now. And I do not have a heated suit or gloves!

Ken
01-24-2008, 10:02 AM

Chip H.

Ken.

Update:

My friend offered $2,300 as his "high bid." If the seller accepts, my friend and I plan to drive up there together, then take turns riding the Hawk back, using the car as "chase vehicle."

In summer this would be a fun jaunt - but it's mid-winter and pig-biting cold in the Northeast US right now. And I do not have a heated suit or gloves!

Seriously I think Chip H has given the most practical suggestion for this time of the year, Eric.

Ken.