PDA

View Full Version : Things in the garage....

Valentine One Radar Detector

Eric
02-08-2008, 07:54 AM
Like many, I have a small fridge in the garage, in which I keep some bottled water, some soda and a few beers - so I can get a drink without tromping my filthy self back into the house!

How many of you have a fridge in the garage - and if yes, what's in it?

misterdecibel
02-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Mine contains the severed head of the last nosy neighbor who asked what was in my refrigerator.

robmcg
02-08-2008, 05:46 PM
What is a fridge?

chiph
02-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Short name for "refrigerator".

Not that much surprising in my garage -- a partial case of 12-gauge shells, a couple of bicycles (one suspended by a cycle hoist), and some plastic containers that Bosch didn't need anymore, containing my reloadable brass.

Chip H.

robmcg
02-08-2008, 09:34 PM

This was the end of the world. Until I was about 8yrs-old in c1958 we stored food in a 'safe', spuds in the dark wash-house where there were two tubs and a large stick. And we were quite rich. Lawns for we kids to play on, bicycles, Hardly any cars. We would play tennis in the street.

I think Mum walked or biked about 300 yards to the nearest shops; groceries, meat, fish, draper, dairy x 3 , two or three times a week, sometimes an Insian man would drive down the street in a 1930-something Beford with a large box-like rear full of fresh veges from the market, and all the women would crowd around. We grew most of our own veges and berries and only bough 40lb cases of apples and there were usually oranges and bananas bought too.
Spuds, two greens, carrot, cold meat and gravy. Fruit always.

And we were all a bit average tending to skinny, and oddly, no cancer in the family at all, maybe luck...?

Eric
02-09-2008, 08:08 AM

This was the end of the world. Until I was about 8yrs-old in c1958 we stored food in a 'safe', spuds in the dark wash-house where there were two tubs and a large stick. And we were quite rich. Lawns for we kids to play on, bicycles, Hardly any cars. We would play tennis in the street.

I think Mum walked or biked about 300 yards to the nearest shops; groceries, meat, fish, draper, dairy x 3 , two or three times a week, sometimes an Insian man would drive down the street in a 1930-something Beford with a large box-like rear full of fresh veges from the market, and all the women would crowd around. We grew most of our own veges and berries and only bough 40lb cases of apples and there were usually oranges and bananas bought too.
Spuds, two greens, carrot, cold meat and gravy. Fruit always.

And we were all a bit average tending to skinny, and oddly, no cancer in the family at all, maybe luck...?

Or good genetics; cancer has a strong inherited component apparently....