PDA

View Full Version : Celestial Hayabusa?

Valentine One Radar Detector

Ken
02-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Nothing whatsoever to do with two wheels, other than the fact that it moved like a celestial turbocharged Hayabusa.

Just went out to put out some trash. We are lucky in that there is little or no light pollution in our neck of the woods. My attention was caught by a very brilliant star: At least I thought it was a star until I realised that it was moving, fairly slowly at first then travelling faster, much faster, heading out away from me to the left of Orion's Belt. Then it appeared to angle upwards and accelerate, dwindling so rapidly that it was gone in a couple of seconds, total viewing time, ten seconds or so. Now y'all can think what you like, I think I have just seen my first space ship.

Ken.

Eric
02-27-2008, 07:14 AM
Nothing whatsoever to do with two wheels, other than the fact that it moved like a celestial turbocharged Hayabusa.

Just went out to put out some trash. We are lucky in that there is little or no light pollution in our neck of the woods. My attention was caught by a very brilliant star: At least I thought it was a star until I realised that it was moving, fairly slowly at first then travelling faster, much faster, heading out away from me to the left of Orion's Belt. Then it appeared to angle upwards and accelerate, dwindling so rapidly that it was gone in a couple of seconds, total viewing time, ten seconds or so. Now y'all can think what you like, I think I have just seen my first space ship.

Ken.

I also have seen something similar. My wife and I were stargazing one night about two years ago when we noticed an extremely fast moving blip at an extreme altitude. If it wasn't in space it was at the edge of our atmosphere. This thing covered a portion of sky at a rate that was easily several times the rate at which a high-flying commerical jet would have covered the same distance. We watched it until it disappeared, which did not take very long at all.

Now, this thing was not a star and its trajectory seemed "guided" and deliberate. People I have talked with suggest it could have been a satellite in low Earth orbit; apparently, these are sometimes visible, esp. if you live in a good viewing area, as we do. It also could have been some kind of "black" (that is, secret) aircraft - such as the hypersonic/scramjet successor to the reknowned SR-71, reportedly known as Aurora and which is capable of altitudes of 100,000 feet-plus and speeds in excess of Mach 5.

It was pretty impressive, whatever the hell it was!

Ken
02-27-2008, 01:21 PM

Ken.

I also have seen something similar. My wife and I were stargazing one night about two years ago when we noticed an extremely fast moving blip at an extreme altitude. If it wasn't in space it was at the edge of our atmosphere. This thing covered a portion of sky at a rate that was easily several times the rate at which a high-flying commerical jet would have covered the same distance. We watched it until it disappeared, which did not take very long at all.

Now, this thing was not a star and its trajectory seemed "guided" and deliberate. People I have talked with suggest it could have been a satellite in low Earth orbit; apparently, these are sometimes visible, esp. if you live in a good viewing area, as we do. It also could have been some kind of "black" (that is, secret) aircraft - such as the hypersonic/scramjet successor to the reknowned SR-71, reportedly known as Aurora and which is capable of altitudes of 100,000 feet-plus and speeds in excess of Mach 5.

It was pretty impressive, whatever the hell it was!

I can eliminate a low Earth orbit satellite as they neither change direction nor speed. 'Black Project' craft, could be a possibility though by the look of it this thing was heading right out into space. I wonder if the SR-91 Aurora was really cancelled or whether it still exists? Who knows what goes on at the Skunk Works.

Ken.