PDA

View Full Version : Ohlins upgrade

Valentine One Radar Detector

Eric
03-06-2008, 06:58 AM
Turns out I may actually be getting some money back this tax season (first time in 10 years!) and I am thinking about treating myself to some suspension upgrades....

I love my ZRX, but the stock suspension set-up is not the bike's strong suit. I am looking at Ohlins rear shocks (this bike doesn't have a monoshock, so two) as well as Ohlins front forks. The total tab for this is nearly $3k but is seriously tempting... and can rationalized as being a helluva lot less than a new ZX-10R!

Anyone have any direct experience with Ohlins aftermarket stuff? Even better, any other Rexers out there?

Ken
03-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Turns out I may actually be getting some money back this tax season (first time in 10 years!) and I am thinking about treating myself to some suspension upgrades....

Anyone have any direct experience with Ohlins aftermarket stuff? Even better, any other Rexers out there?

No direct experience, Eric, as I've only used an after market Showa (Rear Shock) and that was fitted to the bike (CBR600FW) before I got it. All I can say is, over here, Ohlins are considered by most to be the 'creme de la creme' of suspension gurus both for race use and road use. (White Power are another good name.) If you have a local Ohlins dealer then you should be able to get your forks and shocks 'tailor made' and set up to your bike, your weight and riding style.

Ken.