PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki ZX-10R.

Valentine One Radar Detector

Ken
03-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Not the prettiest bike by far, in fact, to me it looks as though Kawasaki and KTM have gone head to head in the Ugly stakes. This is it, however, the Kawasaki ZX-10R in its 2008 guise. Still mean and still green - Eric will love it. It is now professed to be the ideal Superbike with an engine and chassis capable of satisfying the most discerning of riders on road or track.

Limited data but this is what I've got so far;

Engine: Liquid cooled, 16 valve DOHC, 998 inline 4 cyl.
Compression Ratio: 12.7:1
Fueling: Fuel Injection with 43mm Kehin throttle bodies fed by dual fuel injectors for each cylinder.
Power Output (Est): 170 - 175 bhp.
Power to weight ratio expected to be around 1:1.

Ken.

Eric
03-27-2008, 07:09 PM
I came close to buying one; but the ergos are pretty severe for a guy my size (constant problem).

But nonetheless, a fantastic machine!

Ken
03-27-2008, 07:17 PM
I came close to buying one; but the ergos are pretty severe for a guy my size (constant problem).

So, six inches off the legs, five inches off the arms, it will have to be plastic/reconstructive surgery then, Eric? ::)

Ken.

Eric
03-27-2008, 07:19 PM

So, six inches off the legs, five inches off the arms, it will have to be plastic/reconstructive surgery then, Eric? ::)

Ken.

Unfortunately!

What's the average height/weight of current MotoGP riders? I don't know offhand - but I'd bet it's close to 5' 8" and about 150.....

Ken
03-28-2008, 05:57 PM

Ken.

Unfortunately!

What's the average height/weight of current MotoGP riders? I don't know offhand - but I'd bet it's close to 5' 8" and about 150.....

One V. Rossi scales at 5ft 9-10inches and weighs in at 130lbs.

Ken.

Eric
03-29-2008, 07:02 AM
"One V. Rossi scales at 5ft 9-10inches and weighs in at 130lbs."

Yep!

So I have 5-6 inches on him, height-wise... and around 80 pounds of extra weight!

I'd have to look into it, but I would bet there isn't a single competitive MotoGP rider over six feet tall and 175 pounds.

I've discussed this with other biker friends - and we figure it explains why sport bikes (most of them) are all but unridable for big (not fat - just big!) guys. One, the Japanese are (generally) slighter of build than Western men. They build the bikes to suit their demographic. (Corroborative evidence: The Italians build bikes more suited to larger framed guys - just like the Italians themselves!) Two, as supr sports are essentially race bikes - or close to them - and the majority of competitive road racers are also (like Rossi) smaller guys - it makes sense to build the bikes to suit guys that size, not Lurches like me!

Ken
03-29-2008, 08:34 AM

Yep!

So I have 5-6 inches on him, height-wise... and around 80 pounds of extra weight!

I'd have to look into it, but I would bet there isn't a single competitive MotoGP rider over six feet tall and 175 pounds.

I've discussed this with other biker friends - and we figure it explains why sport bikes (most of them) are all but unridable for big (not fat - just big!) guys. One, the Japanese are (generally) slighter of build than Western men. They build the bikes to suit their demographic. (Corroborative evidence: The Italians build bikes more suited to larger framed guys - just like the Italians themselves!) Two, as supr sports are essentially race bikes - or close to them - and the majority of competitive road racers are also (like Rossi) smaller guys - it makes sense to build the bikes to suit guys that size, not Lurches like me!

The only 'large' rider who comes immediately to mind (not in MGP now though) is Reubens Xaus - it used to look as though he was riding a mini-moto. I think I'm right in saying he was over six feet tall and was certainly 'well' built.

Ken.

Eric
03-29-2008, 08:55 AM

Yep!

The only 'large' rider who comes immediately to mind (not in MGP now though) is Reubens Xaus - it used to look as though he was riding a mini-moto. I think I'm right in saying he was over six feet tall and was certainly 'well' built.

Ken.

I wonder how many others would be close to that size/weight, though? They (current competitors) mostly seem on the smaller side to me.

Now, muscle bikes and cruiser are built for bigger guys; problem is - most of them are fat. ;D