PDA

View Full Version : Truckers strike

Valentine One Radar Detector

grouch
03-28-2008, 10:50 PM
I haven't heard much about this on the news, however, I've been working a lot of overtime and haven't been up on it much. A lot of the drivers at work have been talking about an Independent Truck Drivers strike to start April 15th. What they plan to accomplish is beyond me. Perhaps just to keep the feelings of ineffectiveness at bay. I suspect it wll be like the "Gas Out" days that pop up from time to time. Those really don't do much since if you don't buy gasoline today, you will tomorrow or the day after.

My main concern on a strike is a few odd balls will pick up rifles on overpasses. It's happened before and will happen again.

Eric
03-29-2008, 06:40 AM
I haven't heard much about this on the news, however, I've been working a lot of overtime and haven't been up on it much. A lot of the drivers at work have been talking about an Independent Truck Drivers strike to start April 15th. What they plan to accomplish is beyond me. Perhaps just to keep the feelings of ineffectiveness at bay. I suspect it wll be like the "Gas Out" days that pop up from time to time. Those really don't do much since if you don't buy gasoline today, you will tomorrow or the day after.

My main concern on a strike is a few odd balls will pick up rifles on overpasses. It's happened before and will happen again.

We actually just had that - a couple of teenage sociopaths taking pot shots with a rifle on I-64 in VA. They got the little darlings last night.

I don't see how the strike you mention would accomplish very much, either. The public knows fuel prices are skyrocketing; no one blames the truckers - and how does not driving for a day change anything?

Maybe they are protesting this idiot occupation of Iraq - which is bleeding us white (destroying the value of the dollar as well as hiking up the price of oil as a commodity due to enormous consumption of the military forces embroiled in this mess)?

As a "Reagan conservative"/Libertarian, I can hardly stand to even hear The Chimp's moron-level meanderings about "success in the central front on the war on terra" - accompanied by his awkward gesticulations, repetition of imbecile catchphrases and simian smirk.

Of course, what's coming this November is hardly an improvement.