PDA

View Full Version : When I think that I've seen it all

Valentine One Radar Detector

gail
05-12-2008, 02:28 PM
Here is a shocking web site. Just when I think that I've seen it all, something new comes to my attention. What do you think about this one?

http://www.fightcps.com/articles/bountypayments.html

Eric
05-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Here is a shocking web site. Just when I think that I've seen it all, something new comes to my attention. What do you think about this one?

I think these FLDS whackjobs are an extremely unsympathetic bunch. The leaders are control freaks and pedophiles; the Sheeple People are just that.... addled defectives no different from the defectives who followed The Two (Do and Ti) to Hale Bopp or drank the Kool Aid with Jim Jones.

Still, I respect (and defend) their right to surrender their lives and free will, etc. to a a religious cult, move to a compound (or whatever) and so on... provided it's just them; viz - consenting adults.

Once they start having kids, the situation changes.

I do not buy the idea that "religion" confers a blank check on these people to raise their progeny without limits; the state of Texas (and other states) have laws to the same effect.

I, for one, am glad they are being enforced!

gail
05-15-2008, 04:40 PM

I think these FLDS whackjobs are an extremely unsympathetic bunch. The leaders are control freaks and pedophiles; the Sheeple People are just that.... addled defectives no different from the defectives who followed The Two (Do and Ti) to Hale Bopp or drank the Kool Aid with Jim Jones.

Still, I respect (and defend) their right to surrender their lives and free will, etc. to a a religious cult, move to a compound (or whatever) and so on... provided it's just them; viz - consenting adults.

I do not buy the idea that "religion" confers a blank check on these people to raise their progeny without limits; the state of Texas (and other states) have laws to the same effect.

I too don't buy the idea that "religion" confers a blank check for anyone. However, as far as your adding to the constitution isn't acceptable to me either.

Witches, or whatever they call themselves isn't a religion. I don't think it could even be classified as a cult. Nevertheless, it is now recognized by the government. What about their children?

Eric
05-15-2008, 05:31 PM

I too don't buy the idea that "religion" confers a blank check for anyone. However, as far as your adding to the constitution isn't acceptable to me either.

Witches, or whatever they call themselves isn't a religion. I don't think it could even be classified as a cult. Nevertheless, it is now recognized by the government. What about their children?

Exchequer leghorn, sez me!

gail
05-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Exchequer leghorn, sez me!

Whatever that means.

Here is another web site telling how much money Texas will receive with it new bounty.

http://www.truthwillprevail.org/

Maybe the state isn't getting enough money from traffic fines with the new higher speed limits, so they have gone into baby selling.

grouch
05-15-2008, 11:34 PM

Wicans are a recognized religion. Scientology is a recognized religion. I've had dealings with the latter and try to assume that the individuals I had to deal with were just flakes and not hold it against the Scientologists as a whole. As for the former, why isn't it a religion? I'll admit that paganism isn't my cup of tea. However, Paganism predates Christianity. It is a nature based religion. To my way of thinking, only one being is responsible for Nature. We will all find out eventually the correctness or error of our ways.

Eric
05-16-2008, 05:59 AM

Wicans are a recognized religion. Scientology is a recognized religion. I've had dealings with the latter and try to assume that the individuals I had to deal with were just flakes and not hold it against the Scientologists as a whole. As for the former, why isn't it a religion? I'll admit that paganism isn't my cup of tea. However, Paganism predates Christianity. It is a nature based religion. To my way of thinking, only one being is responsible for Nature. We will all find out eventually the correctness or error of our ways.

Debating the merits of one religions vs. another isn't going to get any traction; the issue is can adults subject minor children to an environment that is damaging - objectively, on the face of it - and use "religion" as a shield?

It's tragic that this discussion is even necessary.

These FLDS cretins raise kids to believe that the role of women is to serve as reproductive tracts for men - often much older men. This is "force over time" in the form of pyschological conditioning to accept and even embrace deviant, damaging practices. Yes, the girls (and children) appear "happy" - in a robotic/catatonic way.

But it's obvious to any thinking person that the FLDS is a sick and even evil organization; a cult set up to provide material and sexual benefits for a handful of highly controlling men over a large group of dull-witted and conditioned defectives (the women) and their unfortunate offspring.

The cancer of idiot fundie religion needs to be stamped out. It is metastasizing - and turning a large chunk of this country's people into drooling morons who belligerently beeeeeeelivee in the most embarrassing, sub-literate nonsense - from "young Earth" geology to "spirit marriage" to the handling of snakes and drinking of styrchnine to the "rapture" and "end times." Thus, we have a nation in which upwards of 50 percent don't accept evolution or beeeeelieve that "creationism" is science and ought to be taught to schoolkids, that meeeeerakuhls happen (though strangely, amputees never seem to get hea-uhld), Jeeesuz manifests in burnt toast... etc.

It's retard nation. No, retard world.

The people of the late 18th century were less credulous - and better informed.

Makes me want to dig a bunker in South Dakota or Idaho.... .