PDA

View Full Version : FLDS Debacle

Valentine One Radar Detector

gail
05-19-2008, 03:54 PM
More news coming out in the press: The families are comprised of at least 168 mothers (I don't know if this number includes the mothers in custody or not) and 69 fathers. I did the math and it comes out to a little over 2 children a piece, and 2 wives each. Isn't that ironic that the stats about the same as our secular society. What about the exaggerated tales of the women being forced to have 19 children each in order to get into heaven. I forgot the count of how many wives they were suppose to have in order to achieve the highest level, and of course they all had to be virgins, right? What good is a wild tale without a few virgins thrown in for good measure.

This nation was founded by people like the FLDS. Look how industrious they have been. They took a desert-type setting and turned it into a luxurious village.

The FLDS culture and religious beliefs teach that it is necessary and honorable to get married first and then to have children. How quaint it is when in the secular society that we live in, there is no need to get married and the institution is often considered hokey. It is now fashionable for teens to get pregnant. We can thank the movie industry for this debauchery influencing the young and gullible. The government controlled schools pass out condoms and birth control pills to young teens and while proclaiming that the young teens will be sexually active with or without permission. Yet the state of Texas is condemning the FLDS because they say that the FLDS are "conditioning young girls" to stay pure and honorable until they get marriage. There is definitely a double standard going on here. I'd be willing to bet even money that some and maybe even most of the CPS have children in day care centers, unmarried or broken homes or in a step-family situation, and these are the people pointing the dirty, crooked finger at the FLDS. I could see that the CPS workers dressed immodest, and/or sloppy. What role models they are - NOT!

Heaven help us all.
Shame on Texas! Return the children to their parents and mothers. CPS and Judge Barbara Walther you stand guilty of the abuse in this situation, not the FLDS. PS I have no connection with the FLDS, I just know a violation of constitution rights when I see it.

Jim Rose
05-19-2008, 06:58 PM
The FLDS culture and religious beliefs teach that it is necessary and honorable to get married first and then to have children.

Right--- get married to someone who already has baggage and do it as soon as your body is capable of reproduction--- Gail FLDS is bullshit and you know it--- Why don't you go live with them if you support their beliefs?

gail
05-19-2008, 08:46 PM
The FLDS culture and religious beliefs teach that it is necessary and honorable to get married first and then to have children.

Right--- get married to someone who already has baggage and do it as soon as your body is capable of reproduction--- Gail FLDS is bullshit and you know it--- Why don't you go live with them if you support their beliefs?

I'm assuming that you are referring to previous wives when you mentioned "baggage," well, maybe. It would make sense for a young women to be an apprentice to a senior sister wife. It also appears that these women have a higher capacity of reproduction than the women in our culture. The women in our culture are running around fertility clinics, or adoption agencies rather than getting pregnant naturally. It also seems that the FLDS women have a total success at natural childbirth and breastfeeding as well. Whereas the secular women are drugged up, and having C-Sections and bottle feeding. All of this is admirable and definitely more healthy for the mothers and their babies.

I don't feel that it is child abuse to instruct your daughters and sons to be chaste until marriage. If what I hear in the news - which I doubt - there isn't a 14 year old girl in our secular society who is a virgin and many of them have children, so why would it be so shocking if the FLDS 14 year old girls, at least some of them, get married? Let's get real here - for the most part, we no longer have a moral society. It is corrupt to the bone.

Do you know why I wouldn't go live with them? First off, they are confused as to who is the true prophet, this doesn't make them bad, most of the world doesn't know who is the true prophet, but I do know who is the true prophet, so I could never join the FLDS group or any other church for that matter. Besides, I'm too steeped in our culture. I enjoy wearing make-up, and dressing in the latest styles. I love junk food, and TV. But that doesn't rule out my admiration for them and their lifestyle. See their sweet videos. Oops! CPS told the FLDS mothers that they can't use the word "sweet," It was too controlling. How bogus it that? :'(

http://www.captivefldschildren.org/index.php

Jim Rose
05-20-2008, 01:59 AM
>>Do you know why I wouldn't go live with them? First off, they are confused as to who is the true prophet, this doesn't make them bad, most of the world doesn't know who is the true prophet, but I do know who is the true prophet, so I could never join the FLDS group or any other church for that matter.<<

You spelled PROFIT wrong----
There is no prophet! Someone did a real sales job on you. Most folks who are completely eaten up with religion of any type should be locked up to prevent them from hurting everyone with whom they come in contact!

Eric
05-20-2008, 07:31 AM
>>Do you know why I wouldn't go live with them? First off, they are confused as to who is the true prophet, this doesn't make them bad, most of the world doesn't know who is the true prophet, but I do know who is the true prophet, so I could never join the FLDS group or any other church for that matter.<<

There is no prophet! Someone did a real sales job on you. Most folks who are completely eaten up with religion of any type should be locked up to prevent them from hurting everyone with whom they come in contact!

Or their tubes tied - at the very least! ;D

gail
05-20-2008, 09:21 PM

Better watch it, Colleen going to come after you. ;D

Eric
05-20-2008, 09:43 PM

Better watch it, Colleen going to come after you. ;D

Doesn't look like we'll be producing any crotchfruit; too much hassle - too much expense! I'd rather sleep in... and retire early....

Jim Rose
05-21-2008, 01:39 AM
How about mandatory vasectomies for the men also. We gotta keep these nuts from breeding somehow-----

Eric
05-21-2008, 07:56 AM
How about mandatory vasectomies for the men also. We gotta keep these nuts from breeding somehow-----

Absolutely.

If I were the real Deeeeeeecider, I'd require that any man who joins or runs a religious cult be automatically required to undergo sterilization for the health of the body politic.

The unfortunate Catch 22 is that the people least susceptible to religious nonsense (who are also usually better educated and smarter, too) are less likely to breed than the low-brows and dull-wits who beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelieve. Hence, the mind-rot is passed from generation to generation.

If just one batch of kids could be reared free of any religious indoctrination - and instead taught to think and to evaluate every claim on the basis of facts and evidence and reason and logic - that would be the end of all this garbage.

But it won't happen because of the previous point.

ColleenC2
05-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Quote from: Jim Rose on May 19, 2008, 11:59:58 PM

Or their tubes tied - at the very least!

Better watch it, Colleen going to come after you.

First of all Jim I think your play on the word PROFIT is hysterically funny.

Second of all, Mom, I have no idea why you brought up my name in this idiocy of a discussion.

Third, I have no idea what Eric's response meant, but it did sound demeaning and derogatory

Fourth, I have no desire to participate with people who can't differentiate between emotions and allegations vs. the law, rules of procedures and the proper process for obtaining search and seizure warrants.

It was not my intent to join in a discussion for how obscene the practice of arranging "marriages" of underage girls to older men was or debasing religion or people of faith. (So as not to confuse the reader what I mean by obscene I will operationally define the word as: offensive to morality or decency; indecent; depraved; abominable; disgusting; repulsive.)

but having said that I still don't know why you choose to maintain a discussion with a group of "good ole boys" who seem to want to "cherry pick" which "rights" that the government tromps on and then complain about the injustice of it all and blame everyone from the bottom up about how this government has stripped away the rights of its citizens and in the process abuses its powers.

So please, Mom do not bring my name up as either something humorous or in any other vein. Should I choose to comment, as you have invited me, I will of my own time and choosing.

gail
05-21-2008, 10:15 PM
I publically apologize to Colleen, it was not my intent to offend her. Please forgive me.

Jim Rose
05-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Score 1 for Colleen 8)

gail
05-22-2008, 09:28 PM
Score 1 for Colleen 8)

Sometimes - like others that I know - I'm not as funny as I think I am. In fact, at times I am downright thoughtless.

DonTom
05-27-2008, 09:22 AM
"This nation was founded by people like the FLDS. "

Gail,

Now that there's evidence that some older guys in the FLDS have been molesting young boys too, is that okay by you now too?

BTW, did you watch Nancy Grace last night, about the FLDS and how many boys there have had recent broken bones?

And are all the lies the obvious lies the FLDS been telling okay by you too?

I guess so, because your god says it's okay, right?

-Don-

Eric
05-27-2008, 09:28 AM
"This nation was founded by people like the FLDS. "

Gail,

Now that there's evidence that some older guys in the FLDS have been molesting young boys too, is that okay by you now too?

BTW, did you watch Nancy Grace last night, about the FLDS and how many boys there have had recent broken bones?

And are all the lies the obvious lies the FLDS been telling okay by you too?

I guess so, because your god says it's okay, right?

-Don-

Ugh.

What a bunch of cretins... .

Bad enough that cranks like Warren Jeffs (and Jim Jones and Ted Haggard and Joseph Smith and all the rest of them) exploit gullible, dull-witted adults. But it's especially loathsome to do it to kids - who are stuck in that situation, with no way out and no ability choose or even to realize that their situation is completely FUBAR.

gail
05-27-2008, 05:02 PM
There is so much bullshit here I hardly know where to dive in. But let's try here:

" Now, even in your state of mind, Don, you can figure out old men can't get "it" up, much less have the sperm count to get a girl pregnant - which is the object of these "Spiritual" marriages."

I suppose you never heard or Strom Thurmond? Tony Randall?

"How quaint that the girls are trained to marry..."

People should choose to marry, Gail ... your choice of words is.... interesting.

".... and the boys are taught to respect the girls...."

You mean, by viewing them as property? Second-class beings? Interchangeable with other women of their harem?

"My God tells me that chastity is admirable above all things."

Except for men, who can fuck multiple "wives"....

To start with - I did NOT post this - however, some of the content is mine. From the context, I would say that Eric has posted this.
Second: Please DO NOT use vulgarity. I find it offensive.

Obviously, if girls are not trained to get married, they choose to sleep around or shack-up. Property? Among the LDS circles women are considered spiritually superior to men, and this might be the case among the FLDS as well, but then I don't really know. Many men also have multiple partners, they just don't let their wives know about it. That is wrong, and dishonest. The FLDS way are families, approved of by all the family.

Eric
05-27-2008, 05:10 PM
"Obviously, if girls are not trained to get married, they choose to sleep around or shack-up."

Er, ah....are you serious?

I imagine my wife (and probably the wives of others here) would be rather interested to learn that even though they weren't "trained to get married" they managed not to sleep around or shack up.

Your statement is .... nonsense.

"Property? Among the LDS circles women are considered spiritually superior to men, and this might be the case among the FLDS as well, but then I don't really know."

What a crock. The reality is the women are second-class (In the Mormom Church, women may do not have equal say, voting rights; aren't allowed to hold "men's" jobs, etc.) and subject to the authority of their may-un. (In the Mormom Church, women may do not have equal say, voting rights; aren't allowed to hold "men's" jobs, etc.)

"The FLDS way are families, approved of by all the family."

But the women don't get to have harems of "spiritual husbands," do they?

ColleenC2
05-27-2008, 05:45 PM
What a crock. The reality is the women are second-class (In the Mormom Church, women may do not have equal say, voting rights; aren't allowed to hold "men's" jobs, etc.) and subject to the authority of their may-un. (In the Mormom Church, women may do not have equal say, voting rights; aren't allowed to hold "men's" jobs, etc.)

Mom, is someone drunk or on drugs, or had a stroke ??? The brain is not quite right with this writer

gail
05-27-2008, 08:07 PM
First off, Eric - please acknowledge that you wrote the previous post that has appeared under my name. OK? Now, that would make me happy for the readers to know that I don't go around using that kind of laungage. Thank you.

"Obviously, if girls are not trained to get married, they choose to sleep around or shack-up."

Er, ah....are you serious?

I imagine my wife (and probably the wives of others here) would be rather interested to learn that even though they weren't "trained to get married" they managed not to sleep around or shack up.

Your statement is .... nonsense.

Well, I don't know anything about your wife at all. For all I know she was a virgin when you married her. I wasn't talking about her, nor your private life. I was talking generally about our society and the declining morality. I was also thinking about the life-style and thus role-modling of movie stars and sports figures. It is near totally acceptable for people to live together and women to have babies without being married.

"Property? Among the LDS circles women are considered spiritually superior to men, and this might be the case among the FLDS as well, but then I don't really know."

Well, you are wrong here, but I can't go into the details.

"The FLDS way are families, approved of by all the family."

But the women don't get to have harems of "spiritual husbands," do they?

There are many things in life that men get to do and women can't. I noticed the other day in the women's wear cute little jocks, complete with a fly - but the woman who buys them still won't have a penis. But getting back to the harem - many women don't like the sexual activity of one man as they have different levels of libido, there are few if any who would like several men hitting on her. IMHO

Eric
05-27-2008, 08:37 PM
[quote=gail ]
First off, Eric - please acknowledge that you wrote the previous post that has appeared under my name. OK? Now, that would make me happy for the readers to know that I don't go around using that kind of laungage. Thank you.

I cut and pasted the quoted parts from a post you left that has since disappeared. Did you delete it?

gail
05-27-2008, 08:52 PM
[quote=gail ]

I cut and pasted the quoted parts from a post you left that has since disappeared. Did you delete it?

I'm not savvy enough to delete anything. The post is still there. I need a man to help me - I'm just a helpless Mormon girl. 8)

Jim Rose
05-28-2008, 01:15 AM
48 Hours TV Show had a bunch of the escaped kids on tonight's showing----

Eric
05-28-2008, 07:14 AM
"I'm not savvy enough to delete anything. The post is still there. I need a man to help me - I'm just a helpless Mormon girl. 8)"

Well, dunno what happened, but the post was there; I read it, clipped a few passages - and responded to these. Then the entire post just vanished - so someone deleted it (the original post) and it wasn't me!

gail
05-28-2008, 02:08 PM

I didn't know any had escape. Tell me the content of the show, their dialog, etc. Oh wait -- you're talking about those who left the community, right? I equate them with a bitter divorce. Remember that video of the wife --

Does a woman escape a marriage or does she leave. Women don't know their place in life and marriage, including me.

gail
05-28-2008, 02:16 PM

I thought you meant that some of the FLDS children had escape, O silly me! Now here is the Angery Wife Youtube. Yuk, yuk. Hell hath no fury, like a woman scorned. ::)

http://www.ericpetersautos.com/forum/index.php?topic=4537.new;topicseen#new

Jim Rose
05-29-2008, 01:04 AM

I thought you meant that some of the FLDS children had escape, O silly me! Now here is the Angery Wife Youtube. Yuk, yuk. Hell hath no fury, like a woman scorned. ::)

Just poopoo anything that doesn't suite your fancy--- The interviewed teens were describing their life at the commune--- or whatever the hell they call it. They were not happy campers about living there and will not go back. One described how, when parents separated she was assigned to another family.

gail
05-29-2008, 01:46 AM

Just poopoo anything that doesn't suite your fancy--- The interviewed teens were describing their life at the commune--- or whatever the hell they call it. They were not happy campers about living there and will not go back. One described how, when parents separated she was assigned to another family.

Just like blended families in secular society when the parents get divorce, or sent to foster homes.

Jim Rose
05-29-2008, 10:43 AM

Just like blended families in secular society when the parents get divorce, or sent to foster homes.

Not by the description that was given by the child--- abuse was the reason she left---
You are quick to defend anything that goes on with FLDS or LDS--- and just the opposite with the rest of the world.

DonTom
05-29-2008, 10:53 AM
"You are quick to defend anything that goes on with FLDS or LDS--- and just the opposite with the rest of the world."

That's because with those who are religious, the real world becomes a dream world and their dream world become the real world. It's a common symptom of the religious drug.

-Don-

Jim Rose
05-29-2008, 11:58 AM
"You are quick to defend anything that goes on with FLDS or LDS--- and just the opposite with the rest of the world."

That's because with those who are religious, the real world becomes a dream world and their dream world become the real world. It's a common symptom of the religious drug.

-Don-

Looks like that's the reason---

Eric
05-29-2008, 12:19 PM

-Don-

My main issue with this stuff is that activities/beliefs that would be considered noxious - and openly derided - in a secular context are somehow to be treated with respectful deference in a religious one. If I, for example, had a herd of teenage girls living on my "compound" there'd be trouble with both the community at large and the law. If I demanded that others acknowledge the "truth" of living instructions, etc. (no matter how bizarre) conveyed to me by my "special friend" that no one could see but me (and those whom I "annointed") people would laugh at me - and the authorities would try to have me locked up.

gail
05-29-2008, 04:12 PM
[quote=gail ]

I'm not savvy enough to delete anything. The post is still there. I need a man to help me - I'm just a helpless Mormon girl. 8)

I stand corrected - I just figured out how to delete that message. Aren't I clever? ;D I'm not just a dumb hick afterall.

gail
05-29-2008, 04:19 PM

-Don-

My main issue with this stuff is that activities/beliefs that would be considered noxious - and openly derided - in a secular context are somehow to be treated with respectful deference in a religious one. If I, for example, had a herd of teenage girls living on my "compound" there'd be trouble with both the community at large and the law. If I demanded that others acknowledge the "truth" of living instructions, etc. (no matter how bizarre) conveyed to me by my "special friend" that no one could see but me (and those whom I "annointed") people would laugh at me - and the authorities would try to have me locked up.

There is a huge difference between your doing this, and someone saying that you are doing it.

My premise is no one has PROVED that these people are doing what is claimed of them. No charges have been filed against anyone. Believe you me, if the state of Texas could, they would.

DonTom
05-29-2008, 09:02 PM
"My premise is no one has PROVED that these people are doing what is claimed of them. No charges have been filed against anyone. Believe you me, if the state of Texas could, they would."

The law is very patient until they have more than enough evidence to go to court with. Give them time. The crime that they committed might be very hard to prove. With law, what we know is meaningless. It's only what we can prove in court that counts.

-Don-

gail
05-29-2008, 09:41 PM
"My premise is no one has PROVED that these people are doing what is claimed of them. No charges have been filed against anyone. Believe you me, if the state of Texas could, they would."

The law is very patient until they have more than enough evidence to go to court with. Give them time. The crime that they committed might be very hard to prove. With law, what we know is meaningless. It's only what we can prove in court that counts.

-Don-

The Texas Supreme Court has ruled that CPS had no case and to return the children. If they are smart they will take their children and quietly fade into the night. However, these people are fighters, and they believe in their rights as US citizens. I would imagine that they will return to the ranch wait and prepare the children for the next onslaught. They are a strong, and hearty people, pioneers if you will, that came out west and founded this great country. I wish them well. God speed! 8)

DonTom
05-30-2008, 03:22 AM
"The Texas Supreme Court has ruled that CPS had no case and to return the children."

They can still be tried. They want to make sure they have enough evidence before they do another Micheal Jackson type of trial. Micheal Jackson cannot be retried for his crimes. They don't want to make that mistake with the FLDS.

-Don-

Eric
05-30-2008, 07:28 AM

-Don-

There is a huge difference between your doing this, and someone saying that you are doing it.

My premise is no one has PROVED that these people are doing what is claimed of them. No charges have been filed against anyone. Believe you me, if the state of Texas could, they would.

Gail, re-read my post. I was making a general point about religious belief.

gail
05-31-2008, 08:53 PM

-Don-

Gail, re-read my post. I was making a general point about religious belief.

I did re-read your post - there is no point to your ramblings.

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

(New Testament | Ephesians 4:14)

Jim Rose
06-01-2008, 01:02 AM
>>I did re-read your post - there is no point to your ramblings.

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

(New Testament | Ephesians 4:14)<<

I see that your ramblings are the only ones that have a point, huh????? Whoever designed religion had followers like you in mind. The leaders don't need it!

gail
06-01-2008, 01:12 AM
>>I did re-read your post - there is no point to your ramblings.

(New Testament | Ephesians 4:14)<<

I see that your ramblings are the only ones that have a point, huh????? Whoever designed religion had followers like you in mind. The leaders don't need it!

Boy, you're smart. ;D What can I say?

Eric
06-01-2008, 06:39 AM
"I did re-read your post - there is no point to your ramblings."

Let me try again - in simpler language:

Some expect that religious belief be given automatic respect merely by dint of its being religious belief... whereas we all feel free to openly question (and even mock) strange, unsupported things people say outside the context of religion.

Why is it any less nutty to assert a belief in golden plates, a being named Moroni, "prophets" who speak to the divinity, etc. - than it would be for me to assert that the being Tan from Biavia conveyed to me Deep Meanings about the afterlife and commanded me to obey his holy writings? There is no proof for either set of beeeeliefs. They are both just arbitrary assertions; you've simply chosen to accept one set as True and somehow reason that by dint of your beeelelief, these beeeeliefs are valid and "holy."

"O Quon Tangee Won"

-The Coming Of Tan

Eric
06-01-2008, 06:44 AM
"Boy, you're smart. ;D What can I say? "

Maybe - I'll try to use reason instead of quoting inscrutable religious gibberish and presenting that as an "argument"?