Thread: JDMs Error

JDMs Error

I have no understanding of that game and consider myself fortunate.

We here have the finest exampole of all which make America great.

He is talking about cricket.

Re: JDMs Error

We now are subject to quasi-legal things to do with copyright and all laws,

by default by registerng here I think all the pics I post here I click "accept"

but I do not see enforcement working. I do not want my pic to be the property of others.

JDM might explain it for me.
    It is easier to argue that the US is the source of error, and therefore the banks are now pretty much in control, and have been for about 100 years. Not that they have plkan, nor morals.

Quote Originally Posted by robmcg
    I do not want my pic to be the property of others.

It may be that "others" agree and don't want them, either. Problem solved.

Or, you could embed something like:

Copyright Robbie McGavin, artiste extraordinaire, maven from trains, and professional Kiwi.

It probably has no legal meaning but ...

D_E_Davis

but I do not see enforcement working. I do not want my pic to be the property of others.
    That supposes, of course, that someone would actually WANT your pix.

Quote Originally Posted by D_E_Davis
    That supposes, of course, that someone would actually WANT your pix.

Indeed a cogent point, Sir.

However, I could easily make a website hosted by such as Picasa, I haven't looked into to it particularly, my current site
    http://mcgavin.no-ip.info/robbie/rob...in_photos.html
    leaves me with copyright, which is good, but I lack the skills to change and improve the site greatly. It is part of a small private computer network.
    I venture that some of my latest pics would look OK if adapted to toy-train packaging, but the pleasure comes, for me, from the atmosphere evoked.. of 1950s Britain mostly. .. and the industrial archeology.

As I understand it, posting stuff on the web in places like this cedes usage rights to someone like Google, to use and modify as they see fit.

D_E_Davis

As I understand it, posting stuff on the web in places like this cedes usage rights to someone like Google, to use and modify as they see fit.
    Could be - that area is a great unknown to me. But, no matter where you post, there are pirates who can and will purloin your artistry for their own ends. then deny they stole it.

Yes but I have spent 34 years paralysed from T5 now, so it's more like wanting to leave a small mark.

Yet able to enjoy driving .

1970- we were all anti Vietnam.

I bought a Leica III 1936 from a Polish immigrant, with a 50mm Summicron lens and at 19yrs old Debbie was my true love, and I took this photo of her... winter 1970.

Yet you say, copyright? Not important?

well I suppose it's about making money, and I have insurance and you guys have US military pensions. God forfend the idea actual idea actually being useful in a strictly commercal sense.

Why don't you admit you are just lucky?

D_E_Davis

Yet you say, copyright? Not important?

well I suppose it's about making money, and I have insurance and you guys have US military pensions. God forfend the idea actual idea actually being useful in a strictly commercal sense.

Why don't you admit you are just lucky?
    Copyrights are important, but only to the heirs - just ask Ted DeGrazia. An artist must pass away to make his works valuable.

It would be nice to have a military pension, as those are "indexed", unlike the common private private pension which remains static as the rising cost of living slowly engulfs me. If you'd just pay the housing bill for those Walloons you sent two years ago...

Are not military pensions a burden on the taxpayer?

but moving quickly along to your essay into the world of making money from copyrighted work,
    I don't make pictures, they are my 'works' dontchaknow...

and here because you don't understand Lucas electrics nor SU carbs, is a fine example of proprietary 1:76-scale modelling.
    This is what Britain had in 1945. Four private railways, none of whom had made any money since 1925, and Britain, in it's wisdom, nationalised them into one entity called 'British Railways'. Tracks were severely run down and although coal was ever more expensive, BR embarked in 1950 on a plan to build standardised steam engines; they had to be easy to drive and maintain, skilled manpower was not easily obtained, many lines traversed mine subsidences, or rebuilding-work. The private car was a luxury for the few.

The miscalculation was building extensive and quite efficient freight-moving lines, which with BR being a very large organisation, meant that sometimes things were done which were almost as stupid as the USA. Passengers until the early 60s had reliable transport, if not always comfortable and fast, the men on the ground could get intercity trains averaging 60mph, which isn't far from air when you think about it, and you got sleepers and/or restaurant-buffet...

Here is a fine model of a 'Standard' express engine of 1951.

The miscalculation was building extensive and quite efficient freight-moving lines, which with BR being a very large organisation, meant that sometimes things were done which were almost as stupid as the USA. Passengers until the early 60s had reliable transport, if not always comfortable and fast, the men on the ground could get intercity trains averaging 60mph, which isn't far from air when you think about it, and you got sleepers and/or restaurant-buffet...
    Our PAX trains are reliable, too: reliably cold in the winter, reliably hot in the summer and reliably late in all seasons.

Here then is proper transport.

I just made the pic to how you what serious machinery is all about, the publishers in England cannot find a place for it, .. a 1948-built engine, seen here after a stop with a 14-total over miniing subsidences on the East Coast , when on the Darlington-York section speeds were down to 20mph in places, and 'A1' Aberdonian was strugging here with poor coal...

Nevertheless by York she was only twelve minutes late, and a crew from Grantham got the fire around.
    The engine, unchanged from Edingurgh was 4 minutes latw in London... a few weeks later thre 'Capitals Limited' was begun, non-stop, at an an average of 60mph., the A1s were used mostly on slightly slower trains, Pullmans, and such.

What are those red things in front?

The red buffer beam, to stop kids from necking on the tracks, has two spring-loaded buffers which abut to the next vehicle, with a chain-coupling in the centre.

The chain-link had a screw element/section so the couplings could be drawn together, and the carriages were thus connected.
    Essentially it was a technology from the 1840s. Efficacious. Smooth traction, didn't spill the tea in the diner...

Americans used a combined central hook and buffer, a crude substitute.

I trust this has explained things.

Do you suggest that the engine is tightly connected to all of the cars, that when the engine moves the first inch forward, very car does the same thing at the same time? I thought that that wouldn't work.

D_E_Davis

Quote Originally Posted by jdm
    Do you suggest that the engine is tightly connected to all of the cars, that when the engine moves the first inch forward, very car does the same thing at the same time? I thought that that wouldn't work.
    Don't be ridiculous - this is British "engineering" being discussed.