Thread: Words of William Shatner

gail

Words of William Shatner

William Shatner has a new book out, 'Up until now' and an article about him in People magazine May 26, 2008. I am a fan of his and a avid viewer of Boston Legal. So many good puns on that show. I'm sure that Don loves the relationship between Denny Crane and Alan, so do I, but for opposite reasons. I see their relationship as proof that two men can be great friends, love each other, not have sex and love women sexually.

Anyway, in the article he says: ". . .there are so many questions to which I am never going to know the answer. We are born into mystery and we leave life in mystery. We don't know what transpired before and we don't know what's coming ahead. Is there a God? What is time? I love a good mystery.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Re: Words of William Shatner

Quote Originally Posted by gail
    William Shatner has a new book out, 'Up until now' and an article about him in People magazine May 26, 2008. I am a fan of his and a avid viewer of Boston Legal. So many good puns on that show. I'm sure that Don loves the relationship between Denny Crane and Alan, so do I, but for opposite reasons. I see their relationship as proof that two men can be great friends, love each other, not have sex and love women sexually.

Anyway, in the article he says: ". . .there are so many questions to which I am never going to know the answer. We are born into mystery and we leave life in mystery. We don't know what transpired before and we don't know what's coming ahead. Is there a God? What is time? I love a good mystery.
    He'll always be The Captain!

gail

Quote Originally Posted by Eric

Were you even born then? I got my first color TV just so I could watch Star Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric

Were you even born then? I got my first color TV just so I could watch Star Trek.
    Just a baby... but I watched "Star Trek" over and over in reruns....

Boston Legal has to be one of the very best shows ever shown on TV--- Shatner and Spader are great---

gail

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rose
    Boston Legal has to be one of the very best shows ever shown on TV--- Shatner and Spader are great---
    High five ;D

I liked Shatner's words of advice at a Trekkie convention in the mid-1970s: "Get a life!"

Quote Originally Posted by misterdecibel
    I liked Shatner's words of advice at a Trekkie convention in the mid-1970s: "Get a life!"
    He's hilarious; ever see the "there's someTHING on the wing!" episode of "Twilight Zone"?

That was a 1985 Saturday Night Live "Star Trek convention" skit where he did the "Get a Life" quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    That was a 1985 Saturday Night Live "Star Trek convention" skit where he did the "Get a Life" quote:

Shatner is a god!