Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Words of William Shatner

  1. #1
    gail
    Guest

    Words of William Shatner

    William Shatner has a new book out, 'Up until now' and an article about him in People magazine May 26, 2008. I am a fan of his and a avid viewer of Boston Legal. So many good puns on that show. I'm sure that Don loves the relationship between Denny Crane and Alan, so do I, but for opposite reasons. I see their relationship as proof that two men can be great friends, love each other, not have sex and love women sexually.

    Anyway, in the article he says: ". . .there are so many questions to which I am never going to know the answer. We are born into mystery and we leave life in mystery. We don't know what transpired before and we don't know what's coming ahead. Is there a God? What is time? I love a good mystery.

  2. #2
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,763

    Re: Words of William Shatner

    Quote Originally Posted by gail
    William Shatner has a new book out, 'Up until now' and an article about him in People magazine May 26, 2008. I am a fan of his and a avid viewer of Boston Legal. So many good puns on that show. I'm sure that Don loves the relationship between Denny Crane and Alan, so do I, but for opposite reasons. I see their relationship as proof that two men can be great friends, love each other, not have sex and love women sexually.

    Anyway, in the article he says: ". . .there are so many questions to which I am never going to know the answer. We are born into mystery and we leave life in mystery. We don't know what transpired before and we don't know what's coming ahead. Is there a God? What is time? I love a good mystery.
    He'll always be The Captain!

  3. #3
    gail
    Guest

    Re: Words of William Shatner

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by gail
    William Shatner has a new book out, 'Up until now' and an article about him in People magazine May 26, 2008. I am a fan of his and a avid viewer of Boston Legal. So many good puns on that show. I'm sure that Don loves the relationship between Denny Crane and Alan, so do I, but for opposite reasons. I see their relationship as proof that two men can be great friends, love each other, not have sex and love women sexually.

    Anyway, in the article he says: ". . .there are so many questions to which I am never going to know the answer. We are born into mystery and we leave life in mystery. We don't know what transpired before and we don't know what's coming ahead. Is there a God? What is time? I love a good mystery.
    He'll always be The Captain!
    Were you even born then? I got my first color TV just so I could watch Star Trek.

  4. #4
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,763

    Re: Words of William Shatner

    Quote Originally Posted by gail
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by gail
    William Shatner has a new book out, 'Up until now' and an article about him in People magazine May 26, 2008. I am a fan of his and a avid viewer of Boston Legal. So many good puns on that show. I'm sure that Don loves the relationship between Denny Crane and Alan, so do I, but for opposite reasons. I see their relationship as proof that two men can be great friends, love each other, not have sex and love women sexually.

    Anyway, in the article he says: ". . .there are so many questions to which I am never going to know the answer. We are born into mystery and we leave life in mystery. We don't know what transpired before and we don't know what's coming ahead. Is there a God? What is time? I love a good mystery.
    He'll always be The Captain!
    Were you even born then? I got my first color TV just so I could watch Star Trek.
    Just a baby... but I watched "Star Trek" over and over in reruns....

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,635

    Re: Words of William Shatner

    Boston Legal has to be one of the very best shows ever shown on TV--- Shatner and Spader are great---

  6. #6
    gail
    Guest

    Re: Words of William Shatner

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rose
    Boston Legal has to be one of the very best shows ever shown on TV--- Shatner and Spader are great---
    High five ;D

  7. #7
    Senior Member misterdecibel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, Arkansas
    Posts
    3,408

    Re: Words of William Shatner

    I liked Shatner's words of advice at a Trekkie convention in the mid-1970s: "Get a life!"

  8. #8
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,763

    Re: Words of William Shatner

    Quote Originally Posted by misterdecibel
    I liked Shatner's words of advice at a Trekkie convention in the mid-1970s: "Get a life!"
    He's hilarious; ever see the "there's someTHING on the wing!" episode of "Twilight Zone"?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,783

    Re: Words of William Shatner

    Quote Originally Posted by misterdecibel
    I liked Shatner's words of advice at a Trekkie convention in the mid-1970s: "Get a life!"
    That was a 1985 Saturday Night Live "Star Trek convention" skit where he did the "Get a Life" quote:


  10. #10
    Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Land of The Edentulites
    Posts
    22,763

    Re: Words of William Shatner

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by misterdecibel
    I liked Shatner's words of advice at a Trekkie convention in the mid-1970s: "Get a life!"
    That was a 1985 Saturday Night Live "Star Trek convention" skit where he did the "Get a Life" quote:

    Shatner is a god!

Similar Threads

  1. William John Henry Boetcker
    By dBrong in forum Religion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 10:08 AM
  2. William Kuntsler gets his just desserts!
    By RebelKnightCSA in forum The Third Rail...
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-10-2010, 07:05 AM
  3. Beware William Tell's Second Arrow
    By Eric in forum Motor Mouth
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 09:10 AM
  4. Extra cheesy Shatner
    By Eric in forum Video clips
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 07:41 PM
  5. Shatner's Most Cheesy Moments
    By Disco Man in forum Video clips
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 02:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •