Thread: Brainless women in 4WDs

Brainless women in 4WDs

We had a lot of rain here early this week, and as I hit the road for a days work on my postie bike wearing my good rain suit.
    I remained perfectly dry in some torrential rain, apart from going through some flood water I probably shouldn't have ....was okay on inbound but was more 10 minutes later and that had the heart pumping a bit faster.
    Whilst moving through some receding water, he day was marred by a woman travelling in the oppsite direction in a 4WD. She had waited for the car in front to clear some space and then gunned the car through the water. Needless to say she put out a bow wave and spray.
    She and the kids on the corner heard some charming language.
    Women should not be allowed behind the wheel of 4WDs!! .....or any other car Unless they have some grey matter in their heads

......Rant over. ;D
    Rex
    On the Sunshine Coast, in the Sunshine State Queensland (QLD), Australia

Re: Brainless women in 4WDs

Um, women use aromathapy and crystals to work out if they will survive.

Quote Originally Posted by robmcg
    Um, women use aromathapy and crystals to work out if they will survive.
    No grey stuff in that ;D
    Rex
    On the Sunshine Coast, in the Sunshine State Queensland (QLD), Australia

Women are nevertheless attractive.

I wouldn't say this is a particularly female trait. Could have been a jack*ss too from the other gender. Just because they're female doesn't mean they're a bad driver. Just that they have too much vehicle for their capabilities.

MikeHalloran

Friday before last, I was leaving New Orleans (French for 'No Drainage') in a Biblical rainstorm, and encountered a monumental traffic jam on my way to the airport.

Proximal cause: The Fire Department had parked a big fire truck across two lanes and the low shoulder of a superelevated curve, forcing all traffic to crawl along the high shoulder, in hubcap- deep water.

Root cause: The FD had clearly grown tired of pulling swamped 4WDs out of the deep water on the low side.

There _is_ a limit to the depth of water you can traverse, no matter how much ground clearance you have.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ducky1776
    I wouldn't say this is a particularly female trait. Could have been a jack*ss too from the other gender. Just because they're female doesn't mean they're a bad driver. Just that they have too much vehicle for their capabilities.
    I'm with the duck on this one!

I see asinine/irresponsible/inept driving all the time - SUV drivers being especially prone for whatever reason. And the drivers are just as often men as they are women....

My opinion is that the problem (part of it, anyhow) is that as SUVs - which were once upon a time specialty/niche vehicles (like sports cars) - have become mass market cars - they're increasingly driven by people who are clueless about their deficits as well as their strengths. These people don't understand, for example, that an SUV isn't designed to go fast in the rain/snow - indeed, that driving an SUV fast in the rain/snow is even worse than driving a standard car faster than you ought to in the rain/snow....

One of the worst "types" I have dealt with repeatedly is the Breeder Mom in a huge SUV; she is typically either on her cell or distracted by her screeching kids. She loves to tailgate and blow through red lights... . The back of her SUV is invariably plastered with ribbons and bumper stickers in the shape of soccer balls and footballs....

Another "type" is the Testosterone Poisoned Young Guy - who thinks his SUV is just as competent in a high-speed corner as it is going up a backwoods trail. Sir Dumbo also likes to drive 80 mph in the rain - and doesn't slow down for snow, either.

Quote Originally Posted by ducky1776

Many years ago, I was putting up barricades and closing a road due to high water. A State and County officer were both with me but since I was in foul weather gear, I was doing most of the placement. As I was pulling myself on my safety line, the water was stating to move fast enough I was having trouble walking. Red lights flashing al over the place from our cars light bars. Spot lights on the water due to the gloom so I could see what I was doing.

Lo and behold, here comes a minivan from the other way. It pushed one barricade out of the way and drove around the other one and then drove through the water. I could see it start to go sideways from the water flow. The State and County officer were discussing who was going to ticket the driver. He (yes, it was a male) actually went to jail for four counts of endangerment of a minor. He had four kids in the van, only two of them were his kids. I'm pretty sure all the kids mothers had some choice words for him.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

One of the worst "types" I have dealt with repeatedly is the Breeder Mom in a huge SUV; she is typically either on her cell or distracted by her screeching kids. She loves to tailgate and blow through red lights... . The back of her SUV is invariably plastered with ribbons and bumper stickers in the shape of soccer balls and footballs....

Indiana raises a lot of money with specialty plates. I myself have the environment plate because it helps with conservation and I just like the look of it. I usually have it on an older beater to annoy the eco-freaks but that's no matter here. A couple of plates I dread to see are the "Kids first" and "In God We Trust". The cars and such with the kids first plate usually drive in a manner that risks the kids inside and outside the car. A lot of the drivers with the "In God We Trust" plate though really drive rude. To the point that several ministers havw written in the paper that one should drive in a Christian manner if one wants to claim to be a Christian.

Personally, I have a problem with that plate because I feel it debases God. The same with naming your business to show how religious you are. I don't like to see God used to make a buck. However, I also believe in an open mind.
    Honk if you love Jesus.

Text if you want to meet him.

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grouch

Indiana raises a lot of money with specialty plates. I myself have the environment plate because it helps with conservation and I just like the look of it. I usually have it on an older beater to annoy the eco-freaks but that's no matter here. A couple of plates I dread to see are the "Kids first" and "In God We Trust". The cars and such with the kids first plate usually drive in a manner that risks the kids inside and outside the car. A lot of the drivers with the "In God We Trust" plate though really drive rude. To the point that several ministers havw written in the paper that one should drive in a Christian manner if one wants to claim to be a Christian.

Personally, I have a problem with that plate because I feel it debases God. The same with naming your business to show how religious you are. I don't like to see God used to make a buck. However, I also believe in an open mind.
    Good stuff... I'm with you on the flaunting of religion, too. I've been a bit harsh on the subject here and elsewhere; but a lot of that arises from the "in your face" religious types who seem to have taken over the country; who "know" "the truth" - and of course, if you don't agree you don't simply have a different view, you're wrong.... even evil.

I am not an atheist. I think that requires about as much faith as any other religious belief. But I have never understood how anyone can claim to "know" anything about the nature of God, whether there's an afterlife, etc. We can intuit; we can suspect; we can have opinions. But assertions of certainty - and especially public certainty - really turns me off. Spirituality - what we think about existence and the point of it all, etc. - is a very personal and private thing. And since none of us are going to know for sure until after we die, we should hold whatever views we have with humility and tempered by the knowledge that we can only guess at what the ultimate truth may be.

And the guesses of others are just as valid as our own...

[quote=grouch ]

... A couple of plates I dread to see are the "Kids first" and "In God We Trust". The cars and such with the kids first plate usually drive in a manner that risks the kids inside and outside the car.

... Personally, I have a problem with that plate because I feel it debases God. The same with naming your business to show how religious you are. I don't like to see God used to make a buck. ...
    If the words "in God We Trust" are bothersome, it is then impossible to use cash without being bothered, not that I approve of the idea.

As to making a buck, the only ones I know not making a buck out of religion are those who embrace poverty and they only want your mind and body.