Staff

My Favorite Show

NOT

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Re: My Favorite Show

Quote Originally Posted by Henry
    NOT

I loved CHiPs!

And - I get to feel like Ponch every time I fire up my Kz900....!

PS: Pete, did you notice the Chrysler Cordoba at the very beginning of the sequence?

Staff

Okay, I have a confession - I used to watch the show. I always looked forward to the hot chicks and some cool chase scenes.

When I realized that the traffic as filmed was going about 15-20 mph, I became disappointed. They could have at least sped up the film.

In the beginning sequence, I noticed that they filmed at full highway speeds. CA was one of the few states that didn't slow down when the speed limits were cut to 55 mph.

When I was a kid I liked this show. However like the Dukes of Hazzard this show had the same script every show, and it got old after a while. For instance the show always had the same horrific accidents every episode which usually were in the opening scene. After the opening sequence all shows started in the briefing room with the Captain always poking fun at Ponch. After the briefing room all officers worked together to solve the cases that were mentioned in the briefing room. After the cases were solved and the bad guys went to jail - Ponch, John, and the whole crew in the last few minutes of the episode would go to a Disco dance club, Roller Rink, BMX track, etc. And at the end there was always some joke on Ponch. And in these final minutes there was usually some cheezy Disco music playing.

Now the good thing about the series was Officer Kathy Linahan (played by Tina Gayle a former Dallas Cowboys' Cheerleader) and Officer Bonnie Clark (played by Randi Oakes). Anybody who watched the series will remember Randi made her first appearance as one of the female car bandits who stole cars and ended up steeling and burning Ponch's Firebird Formula.

Officer Kathy Linahan:

Officer Bonnie Clark:

Vulture of The Western World Eric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    When I was a kid I liked this show. However like the Dukes of Hazzard this show had the same script every show, and it got old after a while. For instance the show always had the same horrific accidents every episode which usually were in the opening scene. After the opening sequence all shows started in the briefing room with the Captain always poking fun at Ponch. After the briefing room all officers worked together to solve the cases that were mentioned in the briefing room. After the cases were solved and the bad guys went to jail - Ponch, John, and the whole crew in the last few minutes of the episode would go to a Disco dance club, Roller Rink, BMX track, etc. And at the end there was always some joke on Ponch. And in these final minutes there was usually some cheezy Disco music playing.

Now the good thing about the series was Officer Kathy Linahan (played by Tina Gayle a former Dallas Cowboys' Cheerleader) and Officer Bonnie Clark (played by Randi Oakes). Anybody who watched the series will remember Randi made her first appearance as one of the female car bandits who stole cars and ended up steeling and burning Ponch's Firebird Formula.

Officer Kathy Linahan:

Officer Bonnie Clark:

Man, that brought back some childhood memories!